Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

USS Mason has been attacked

The last post in this topic was posted 1474 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Yeah, apparently playing around with our destroyers is a new game. Kind of like the fly on the elephant's butt. One of these days....

Dem terrowists shot dat missile at our ship but dey missed.

I tracked down this photo of the laptop they were using.

Battleship_01_zpswxxenmcx.jpg

The U.S. military launched Tomahawk cruise missiles against coastal radar sites in Yemen early Thursday evening http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-launches-strikes-yemen-after-missiles-aimed-american-ships-n665506

The Navy just needs to start flying EA-18G's in the area. A day or two there won't be a radar left.

Probably need to equip Marine Air with some squadrons of them as well.

Joking aside, this is pretty serious stuff. USNI reports the Mason fired three missiles (two SM-2s and an ESSM; if the latter is confirmed it's the first use of ESSM in combat) to defend herself. They would not have done that if the inbound vampires were not a threat to themselves and/or another Allied vessel. Aegis can certainly defend against this threat -- it was designed to handle far worse -- but the bad guys only have to get lucky once, then we're looking at body bags and a seriously damaged/possibly destroyed two billion dollar warship, with an immeasurable loss of international prestige.

Incidentally, I don't think a US Navy ship has come under fire at sea since the Persian Gulf War. The Iraqis took a shot at the Missouri while she was engaged in shore bombardment duties, I think with the same missile system that was used here, and it was shot down by a British destroyer if I recall correctly.

Edited by FoxSamual

Yes, the Mason was attacked again this week. It's serious. I hope we don't dawdle around - they want to kill our people and sink our ship. I kinda agree with Konrad - but send in the gunships and take those installations out before they know what happened.

Yes, the Mason was attacked again this week. It's serious. I hope we don't dawdle around - they want to kill our people and sink our ship. I kinda agree with Konrad - but send in the gunships and take those installations out before they know what happened.

Gunships require prior Battlespace Dominance.

First, move in with EA-18G's. The EA-18's locate, jam and destroy all radar installations - whether they be Anti-Ship or Anti-Aircraft. After a couple days there's basically no threats to US Air or Sea forces. Also opens up everything for the Saudis to bomb with impunity. From there, we just turn all of our airframes into bomb trucks, and send in SOCOM teams to target the cockroaches.

Gunships require prior Battlespace Dominance.

First, move in with EA-18G's. The EA-18's locate, jam and destroy all radar installations - whether they be Anti-Ship or Anti-Aircraft. After a couple days there's basically no threats to US Air or Sea forces. Also opens up everything for the Saudis to bomb with impunity. From there, we just turn all of our airframes into bomb trucks, and send in SOCOM teams to target the cockroaches.

That'll work. :D

The last post in this topic was posted 1474 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.