Up to $60 in Plenti Points for Using Macy's Amex for Non-Macy's Purchases

The last post in this topic was posted 1714 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

The Plenti program is generally worthless with Macy's purchases (you get the equivalent of 0.1% cash back unless you also pay with your Macy's Amex, which then nets you 1% back but costs you rewards that you would otherwise earn by paying with a real rewards credit card).

This might be worth taking the card out of the sock drawer, briefly. I'll use the Plenti points toward TD's AT&T bill.

Full terms

I received an offer for my Macy’s American Express® Card, how do I opt-in?

Join Plenti for free at macys.com/plenti and link your Plenti rewards card to your Macy's American Express Card.2 Next? Opt in to this offer.

• Call 1.800.369.7132 and opt in to offer using offer code 102.
  • Make 3 purchases in October with your linked Macy's American Express Card, totaling $20 or more:2
    • One purchase at a gas station3
    • One purchase at a supermarket3
    • One purchase anywhere American Express Cards are welcome outside of Macy's1
  • Get 2000 Plenti points for October.
  • Fill up, stock up and go shop again in November and in December for 2000 more points each month totaling up to 6000 points. That's at least $60 in savings at Macy's.
Edited by cv91915

My Rite Aid Wellness turned into Plenti last year, I believe. I've accumulated enough points from doing my Rite Aid deals and prescriptions, etc that I paid for both my sons' clearance comforter sets from Macy's with points only. I was fine with that.

My Rite Aid Wellness turned into Plenti last year, I believe. I've accumulated enough points from doing my Rite Aid deals and prescriptions, etc that I paid for both my sons' clearance comforter sets from Macy's with points only. I was fine with that.

I've had exactly 0 points post from my Rite Aid purchases, even though I provide the phone number that's registered with Plenti on the payment terminal, which always accepts it.

I've had exactly 0 points post from my Rite Aid purchases, even though I provide the phone number that's registered with Plenti on the payment terminal, which always accepts it.

Did you wait 4 months before checking to see if the points were there? :blush2::wave:

That's what I had to do. Haha

Plenti is basically a big ol' turd, in my book.

Did you wait 4 months before checking to see if the points were there? :blush2::wave:

That's what I had to do. Haha

Plenti is basically a big ol' turd, in my book.

Plenti isn't a turd, it's an entire steaming bowlful.

I can neither log into my account nor reset my password, presumably because I started the process with one of their partners but didn't complete something. Months or years ago.

https://www.plenti.com/pointers-how-to-log-in-tips

I also don't have a physical Plenti card, so I don't know what my membership number is. I only know that I have a balance because I can see it when I log into other sites.

Since I'm reallly bored on this flight, I figured out how to get into my Plenti account. Step 1 was ignoring the error message that implied that my email address wasn't in their system. Good lord.

Once I was in my account I found this:

IMG_0146_zps8upduwmu.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Plenti program is generally worthless with Macy's purchases (you get the equivalent of 0.1% cash back unless you also pay with your Macy's Amex, which then nets you 1% back but costs you rewards that you would otherwise earn by paying with a real rewards credit card).

This might be worth taking the card out of the sock drawer, briefly. I'll use the Plenti points toward TD's AT&T bill.

Full terms

I received an offer for my Macy’s American Express® Card, how do I opt-in?

Join Plenti for free at macys.com/plenti and link your Plenti rewards card to your Macy's American Express Card.2 Next? Opt in to this offer.

• Call 1.800.369.7132 and opt in to offer using offer code 102.

• Make 3 purchases in October with your linked Macy's American Express Card, totaling $20 or more:2
    • One purchase at a gas station3
    • One purchase at a supermarket3
    • One purchase anywhere American Express Cards are welcome outside of Macy's1
  • Get 2000 Plenti points for October.

• Fill up, stock up and go shop again in November and in December for 2000 more points each month totaling up to 6000 points. That's at least $60 in savings at Macy's.

Well, two statement cycles have passed since I met the terms for the first Plenti point bonus. Is anyone surprised that I didn't receive them?

In other news, the $0.50/month in Plenti points we've been receiving from our AT&T spending for the past few months ends soon, as TD just switched to T-Mobile.

My Plenti balance (after, what, a year and a half?) is 592 points, worth less than six dollars.

Edited by cv91915
  • 2 weeks later...

Pleasant surprise! Bonus points for October and November spending posted last week (October points posted one month later than the terms suggested).

December points are still pending.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-14%20at%207.56.1

Now that I have them, what do I do with them?

Looks like I can redeem them at:

• ​AT&T (TD just switched to T-Mobile and I only have a mobile phone from work)
  • Chili's (BARF)
  • Harveys (what is this?)
  • Macy's (new underpants?)
  • Exxon or Mobil (no stations nearby)
  • Rite Aid (refill on the little blue pills?)
Edited by cv91915

The last post in this topic was posted 1714 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.