Jump to content

Best Rewards Card for Groceries at Walmart?


The last post in this topic was posted 1837 days ago. 

 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Recommended Posts

My wife does 95% of our grocery shopping at Walmart and the other 5% at Target.

 

We have a Red Card for Target which we get 5% discount with so we're good there but which card is the best for Walmart?

 

I was set on getting the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred but now it makes no sense to get it since I was reading that you don't get the 6% back at Walmart or Target. So now there's no reason to get that card with a $95 AF because for gas I plan to get a PenFed Platinum Cash rewards Plus to get the 5% back on gas. So i wouldn't be using the BCP at all basically.

 

Is there a rewards card that gets you 2% or more back at Walmart?

 

I can get 1.5% back with my Quicksilver but looking to do an APP spree in the next month or so for better rewards cards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get 5% cash back at Walmart with the Sallie Mae card, but that is closed to new applications (and may not continue for old cardholders).

Any 2% cash back card will get you 2% cash back card everywhere. You might as well get a 2% cash back card anyway.

The BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card looks useless, but the rewards get boosted if you have Bank of America Preferred Rewards Program.

Here's some links (may be out of date)
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-credit-card-for-grocery-store-purchases/
http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/earning-cashback/best-cash-back-credit-cards-for-every-category222723218

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a rewards card that gets you 2% or more back at Walmart? Blispay

 

Why not shop at a regular grocery store? The meat at Walmart is horrible. JMHO

 

+1

 

You can buy GCs with a 5x card to use there, or as ronsetoe said, shop for better groceries elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife does 95% of our grocery shopping at Walmart and the other 5% at Target.

 

We have a Red Card for Target which we get 5% discount with so we're good there but which card is the best for Walmart?

 

I was set on getting the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred but now it makes no sense to get it since I was reading that you don't get the 6% back at Walmart or Target. So now there's no reason to get that card with a $95 AF because for gas I plan to get a PenFed Platinum Cash rewards Plus to get the 5% back on gas. So i wouldn't be using the BCP at all basically.

 

Is there a rewards card that gets you 2% or more back at Walmart?

LOL. Any 2% card is going to get you....2%.

 

Depending on how your Walmart codes, Golden1 could get you 3%.

 

You could also start using Amazon for groceries and then there's lots of plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use grocery pickup it qualifies for 3% with Walmart card.

 

"Purchases paid for on Walmart.com with the Walmart Credit Card or Walmart MasterCard will receive 3% back. This includes in store pickup, grocery pickup and grocery delivery purchases when the transaction is paid for online."

 

https://www.walmart.com/cp/6881465

 

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Edited by anonwill8824
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use grocery pickup it qualifies for 3% with Walmart card.

"Purchases paid for on Walmart.com with the Walmart Credit Card or Walmart MasterCard will receive 3% back. This includes in store pickup, grocery pickup and grocery delivery purchases when the transaction is paid for online."https://www.walmart.com/cp/6881465

I was going to list the Walmart card, but it would be difficult to do the day-to-day grocery shopping online with store pickup. Lots of stuff is only available online in case quantities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a rewards card that gets you 2% or more back at Walmart? Blispay

 

Why not shop at a regular grocery store? The meat at Walmart is horrible. JMHO

Going to have to look into Blispay, not sure what that is yet but I will read all about it.

 

We get our meat from Costco, so i guess maybe 75% of our groceries are from Walmart and 20% Costco and 5% Traget :grin:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get 5% cash back at Walmart with the Sallie Mae card, but that is closed to new applications (and may not continue for old cardholders).

 

Any 2% cash back card will get you 2% cash back card everywhere. You might as well get a 2% cash back card anyway.

 

The BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card looks useless, but the rewards get boosted if you have Bank of America Preferred Rewards Program.

 

Here's some links (may be out of date)

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-credit-card-for-grocery-store-purchases/

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/earning-cashback/best-cash-back-credit-cards-for-every-category222723218

 

I have banked with BofA for like 16 yrs so I'll have to look into the benefits of doing the preferred rewards program, thanks for the info!

 

Is there a rewards card that gets you 2% or more back at Walmart? Blispay

 

Why not shop at a regular grocery store? The meat at Walmart is horrible. JMHO

 

+1

 

You can buy GCs with a 5x card to use there, or as ronsetoe said, shop for better groceries elsewhere.

 

Okay, I'll have to check out the Gift Card deal with a 5x card, thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use grocery pickup it qualifies for 3% with Walmart card.

 

"Purchases paid for on Walmart.com with the Walmart Credit Card or Walmart MasterCard will receive 3% back. This includes in store pickup, grocery pickup and grocery delivery purchases when the transaction is paid for online."

 

https://www.walmart.com/cp/6881465

 

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Good idea, we might just do as much as we can that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

My wife does 95% of our grocery shopping at Walmart and the other 5% at Target.

 

We have a Red Card for Target which we get 5% discount with so we're good there but which card is the best for Walmart?

 

I was set on getting the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred but now it makes no sense to get it since I was reading that you don't get the 6% back at Walmart or Target. So now there's no reason to get that card with a $95 AF because for gas I plan to get a PenFed Platinum Cash rewards Plus to get the 5% back on gas. So i wouldn't be using the BCP at all basically.

 

Is there a rewards card that gets you 2% or more back at Walmart?

LOL. Any 2% card is going to get you....2%.

 

Depending on how your Walmart codes, Golden1 could get you 3%.

 

You could also start using Amazon for groceries and then there's lots of plays.

 

Never thought of Amazon for groceries, hmmmm, my Discover It currently gives me 5% back from there but I almost always max out the quarterly limit in the first week or two of the quarter with other do-dads I get from there haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

If you use grocery pickup it qualifies for 3% with Walmart card.

 

"Purchases paid for on Walmart.com with the Walmart Credit Card or Walmart MasterCard will receive 3% back. This includes in store pickup, grocery pickup and grocery delivery purchases when the transaction is paid for online."

 

https://www.walmart.com/cp/6881465

 

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Good idea, we might just do as much as we can that way.
My area just started doing grocery pickup where you can order your groceries, they pull them, you go pick them up. My sister, who cares for a one year old, loves it.
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

If you use grocery pickup it qualifies for 3% with Walmart card.

 

"Purchases paid for on Walmart.com with the Walmart Credit Card or Walmart MasterCard will receive 3% back. This includes in store pickup, grocery pickup and grocery delivery purchases when the transaction is paid for online."

 

https://www.walmart.com/cp/6881465

 

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Good idea, we might just do as much as we can that way.
My area just started doing grocery pickup where you can order your groceries, they pull them, you go pick them up. My sister, who cares for a one year old, loves it.

Can't extreme coupon with grocery pickup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

If you use grocery pickup it qualifies for 3% with Walmart card.

 

"Purchases paid for on Walmart.com with the Walmart Credit Card or Walmart MasterCard will receive 3% back. This includes in store pickup, grocery pickup and grocery delivery purchases when the transaction is paid for online."

 

https://www.walmart.com/cp/6881465

 

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Good idea, we might just do as much as we can that way.
My area just started doing grocery pickup where you can order your groceries, they pull them, you go pick them up. My sister, who cares for a one year old, loves it.

 

I think I'm going to try it. I'll be going there to buy a few money orders anyway. I looked at the website and promo code REALEASY gets $10 off your first order of $50. Not sure if you can keep getting the $10 off each time by creating new online accounts. Probably gonna try that too. LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

If you use grocery pickup it qualifies for 3% with Walmart card.

 

"Purchases paid for on Walmart.com with the Walmart Credit Card or Walmart MasterCard will receive 3% back. This includes in store pickup, grocery pickup and grocery delivery purchases when the transaction is paid for online."

 

https://www.walmart.com/cp/6881465

 

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Good idea, we might just do as much as we can that way.
My area just started doing grocery pickup where you can order your groceries, they pull them, you go pick them up. My sister, who cares for a one year old, loves it.

 

I think I'm going to try it. I'll be going there to buy a few money orders anyway. I looked at the website and promo code REALEASY gets $10 off your first order of $50. Not sure if you can keep getting the $10 off each time by creating new online accounts. Probably gonna try that too. LOL.

 

 

I've used various $10 codes with them. If the 6% with BCP works for me with Walmart pickup, that would be incredible!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also you scan your receipt to their app (Savings catcher area) and it finds any deals/coupons at other stores within a 20 mile radius.

 

So if you bought something at 2.99 but Safeway had it at 1.99 they credit back the dollar difference. I use to shop at different grocery stores taking advantage of the various coupons/discounts but this does the same and saves time/gas.

 

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last post in this topic was posted 1837 days ago. 

 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      182,730
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    Princessxiv
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines