Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Army General Used Government Credit Card at Strip Clubs, Pentagon Says

The last post in this topic was posted 1499 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Typical Army not to man up. Didn't know about Hooker Hill? Spends $1800 at a "dance club"?

STFU and go out gracefully instead of disgracefully.

Fraternization at that level is quite frowned on.

Fraternization with subordinates, especially Officers/Enlisted, is frowned upon at all levels.

So is using govt CC's at strip clubs. 3 star general at Hooker Hill? What a fool.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/us/general-ron-lewis-credit-card-gentlemens-club.html

"He said that he had tried to use his personal debit card, but that it had not worked overseas."

:D

Debit is subprime. :D

The Army is subprime

Why would you say this? Criticize this general all you like, but please don't paint the entire Army with the same brush.

LOL. You think you're a better judge of military matters?

If the Army prime, we'd call them Marines as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/us/general-ron-lewis-credit-card-gentlemens-club.html

"He said that he had tried to use his personal debit card, but that it had not worked overseas."

The Army is subprime
Why would you say this? Criticize this general all you like, but please don't paint the entire Army with the same brush.

Yes, I do think I'm a better judge of military matters. I was in the Army. Good men, most of them. Some knuckleheads, sure. Every data set has a few knuckleheads. That doesn't mean they are all "sub prime".

The Army is subprime

Yes, I do think I'm a better judge of military matters. I was in the Army. Good men, most of them. Some knuckleheads, sure. Every data set has a few knuckleheads. That doesn't mean they are all "sub prime".

Nice. What was your MOS?

Have you fought alongside Marines and Sailors?

Edited by Konrad2012

The Army is subprime

Nice. What was your MOS?

Have you fought alongside Marines and Sailors?

7a947ad89feff137a2010e75783d7a46.jpg

Edited by credithunting

Like I said, there's a few knuckleheads in every population.

My MOS used to be a 45 Tango. Completely useless in civilian life. I kept cans of soda in my ammo pouch when I went down range at NTC. I also played Spades in the M-88, while we waited for the grunts to break stuff. Dangerous work on the M-88, especially when that boom fractured in some freak accident about 10 feet from me. I almost wet myself.

It would be more accurate to state that the Army goes in while the Marines watch.
In the Gulf War, The Marines were off shore, near Kuwait while we invaded. You guys were never actively involved.

Even in D-Day, the invasion on the shores of France didn't use any US Marines. It was all Army and Navy. The events that gave rise to your "Halls of Montezuma" and your "Shores of Tripoli" - those happened when the ships still had sails.

Keep drinking milk.

The events that gave rise to the "Halls of Montezuma and the Shores of Tripoli" all happened when the Navy ships still had sails.

It would be more accurate to state that the Army goes in while the Marines watch.

In the Gulf War, The Marines were off shore, near Kuwait while we invaded. You guys were never actively involved.

:rofl: NOT TRUE The Gulf War was the largest deployment of Marines since Viet Nam and prior to OEF & OIF! https://www.mca-marines.org/leatherneck/gallery/desert-shield-and-desert-storm-3 Good Day :wave:

Edited by credithunting

There may be some confusion as the latter was the big one, toppling SH.

Desert Storm != Enduring Freedom

The latter appears to be misnamed.

Edited by cashnocredit

There may be some confusion as the latter was the big one, toppling SH.

Desert Storm != Enduring Freedom

The latter appears to be misnamed.

Credithunting nor I need history lessons on USMC actions.

The Gulf War consisted of Desert Shield (the buildup) and Desert Storm (air/ground/naval combat operations to expel Iraqi belligerents from Kuwait) w

OEF is combat operations in Nofu¢kistan, the Philippines and Somalia/HOA

Operation Freedom's Sentinel is operations in Nofu¢kistan from Jan 15 to present

OIF is operations in the Sandbox from 2003 to 2011

Operation Inherent Resolve is current actions against ISIS and such in Iraq and Syria

Edited by Konrad2012

My MOS used to be a 45 Tango. Completely useless in civilian life. I kept cans of soda in my ammo pouch when I went down range at NTC. I also played Spades in the M-88, while we waited for the grunts to break stuff. Dangerous work on the M-88, especially when that boom fractured in some freak accident about 10 feet from me. I almost wet myself.

Even in D-Day, the invasion on the shores of France didn't use any US Marines. It was all Army and Navy. The events that gave rise to your "Halls of Montezuma" and your "Shores of Tripoli" - those happened when the ships still had sails.

Where to start with your bogus crap...

1. Lets start with an action which you purport to have had a part of...Gulf War 1. The 1st Marine Div and the 2nd Marine Division were grouped into 4 Task Forces which spearheaded an armored/mechanized assault from the Persian Gulf directly towards Kuwait City. This was intended to be a diversionary action, but to Schwarzkopf's surprise the Marine units easily breached minefield and other static defensive positions and outran the Army end-around maneuver. USMC Reserve Armored units had the highest kill rates of ALL armored units in the conflict, and they did it with M60A1 and M60A3 tanks. The reserve unit that actually received M1's prior to the battle had only two weeks of training on the equipment before being deployed.

The 4th and 5th Marine Expeditionary Brigades were the units you spoke of that feigned an upcoming amphibious landing. The Iraqis were so afraid of this that they left thousands of troops in place to repel this assault. Those troops, huddled in trenches, were decimated by B52 carpet bombing and naval gunfire that included 16" guns on battleships.

2. Of course Marines didn't fight in Europe in WW2. You say that like no one knows that. Instead, the Marine Corps was tasked with destroying Japan, the country that had actually attacked us. You want to talk about D-Day? What D-Day? Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Tinian, Pelileu, Bougainville, Iwo Jima, Okinawa

I guarantee as a Marine Infantry Officer I have studied Army battles and tactics 10,000 times more than you can even contemplate.

Next, let's get to the point of where you think you have are a better judge of military matters. I've already pointed out your total lack of knowledge relating to your own deployment which is the only thing you should even have a clue about. So you were a 45 Tango. 45Tango is a mechanic. You were a POG, enlisted mechanic that basically served on a tow truck...because lets face it, You weren't a soldier. You have no knowledge of tactics, strategy, combat, leadership or anything else other than "putting soda cans in your ammo pouch". WTF is an ammo pouch? You mean a magazine pouch? Or are you talking about ammo pouches that hold belted rounds for M-249's. Or did you just carry loose rounds in a pouch to jingle around? And you only had one pouch? How do you carry a basic combat load of six magazines plus one in your rifle? Were you even issued a rifle on your deployment?

Dangerous work on your tow truck? You got really scared and nearly wet yourself over a boom breaking? Did the boom break, or were you just too incompetent to make sure your winch was properly wound? See, I've been around M88's while they pulled vehicles out of mud, set up or dismantled jersey barriers etc. You mean you've never taken incoming arty or mortars? Never been under a rocket attack? Never had RPG's fly 5 feet from your head? Never led your platoon clearing trenches with bayonets affixed in An Nasiriyah? Never had a rolling firefight through Baghdad? Never been in 3 hour firefights in Sadr City where your M249 and M240 gunner's barrels were glowing they were so hot? Never engaged Hajis with your M16 or sidearm inside the same room in Fallujah? Never had your Gunny pull RPG fragments out of your IBA with his Leatherman's tool? Never evacuated casualties while under sniper fire? Never had a grenade blow up 3 meters from you? Never throw grenades into rooms full of Hajis? Never been nervous as your men tore into an AAV that flipped on a jersey barrier that was full of engineers attached to your unit? Never called in 105mm cannon fire danger close to your position from an orbiting AC-130 Spooky in the dark? Never huddled behind an M1A1 trying to avoid the turbine exhaust while you were on the Grunt Phone trying to point out where to have the TC dump rounds into while the tank was being hit by RPG fire on the other side? Never had to write letters to parents of men that served under you?

I would say I am much better qualified to speak about military matters than you. Oscar Mike.

Edited by Konrad2012

You're still sub-prime for insulting an entire armed service. You claim to know so much about tactics - yet you fail to realize that the Army and the Marines are all part of the same team. You make your team look bad when you claim the army is sub-prime. You see one fat guy in an Army t-shirt and just blanket the rest of us with the same evaluation.

I realize now that no argument will convince you of the error of your ways because logic seems to be lost on you. I do thank you for your service, though. Just not your asinine commentary.

The last post in this topic was posted 1499 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.