Bank of America "Museums On Us" this weekend

The last post in this topic was posted 1690 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I am using this to hit two museums in Balboa Park with a friend tomorrow.

I want to take Mini-Me to the Scripps Aquarium one of these times. And the Living Desert thing in Palm Desert once it cools off.

We went to the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana today, and tomorrow we are going to the Discovery Ocean Adventure on the Newport Peninsula. We'll take the Balboa Island ferry to get there because Mini-Me thinks the SUV on the boat is awesome.

Mini-Me is too young to try and take him to the Photography or Arts Museums.

Edited by Konrad2012

I am using this to hit two museums in Balboa Park with a friend tomorrow.

I want to take Mini-Me to the Scripps Aquarium one of these times. And the Living Desert thing in Palm Desert once it cools off.

We went to the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana today, and tomorrow we are going to the Discovery Ocean Adventure on the Newport Peninsula. We'll take the Balboa Island ferry to get there because Mini-Me thinks the SUV on the boat is awesome.

Mini-Me is too young to try and take him to the Photography or Arts Museums.

TD's old office looked directly out onto the Pacific Ocean, just a couple of buildings north of the Scripps Aquarium.

I have fond memories of the final days of his 1992 Saturn SL2, when I would occasionally have to bring coolant and/or oil to him at work so he could drive it home. He still refers to that POS as "sporty." :lol:

I used this to go to Springs Preserve in Las Vegas. Problem is it doesn't cover the "extra" event that is always there. Last time we went there was a Hawaiian culture thing going on that cost everyone that went an extra $5. Entrance to the springs preserve was $10 but everyone without a BOA card got charged $15. We only got charged $5. The point is, every single time I have gone there there is a premium add-on that we don't use that we get charged for (I hate poi)

Remember free museums with your BofA credit or debit card the first full weekend of the month.

http://about.bankofamerica.com/en-us/global-impact/arts-and-culture/partners.html#fbid=SOP1NcY6QpG

Most BofA personal cards have no-AF, so it's a sweet perk.

BofA accepts AU accounts for anyone 3 or older, so you can load up the whole family.

How do you use this to get your whole family in free? What if both parents have a card, but none of the kids do?

My friend decided she'd rather go see her father in the hospital than hang out with me today, so I took my mom out for a lobster roll at Lobster West in Coronado, and then to Extraordinary Desserts in Hillcrest.

Maybe next month...

Edited by cv91915

Remember free museums with your BofA credit or debit card the first full weekend of the month.http://about.bankofamerica.com/en-us/global-impact/arts-and-culture/partners.html#fbid=SOP1NcY6QpG

BofA accepts AU accounts for anyone 3 or older, so you can load up the whole family.

How do you use this to get your whole family in free? What if both parents have a card, but none of the kids do?

Read my post, and you'll find your answer

Remember free museums with your BofA credit or debit card the first full weekend of the month.http://about.bankofamerica.com/en-us/global-impact/arts-and-culture/partners.html#fbid=SOP1NcY6QpG

I guess I was checking that you were serious about the AU thing for 3+ year olds.

I guess I was checking that you were serious about the AU thing for 3+ year olds.

Dude, this isn't rocket science.

If the kids are 3+ years old, you can get them AU cards and they get free admission.

If you don't want to get the kids AU cards for whatever lame reason, then you have to pay the admission fees.

This should be a no-brainer for you since you collect BBR cards like stamps.

Thanks for the heads up! There are 2 great museums on BOAs list, that are only a 5 hour drive from me :D

Exactly. We have ASTC reciprocal membership which gets the whole family into any museum within a day's drive, that our kids are interested in (kids/science museums), for free, any day.

It could be that there is an interesting museum on BOA's list and not on ASTC's, five states away, that we may happen to be at on the first weekend of the month, so I'll keep the AU trick in mind for that.

• 4 months later...

Friendly reminder.

I'm going with a friend to the Museum of Photographic Arts and the San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park tomorrow.

I still think Mini-Me is probably too young for the Arts, but I guess if it doesn't work out it's only 5 minutes away and free.

Friendly reminder.

I'm going with a friend to the Museum of Photographic Arts and the San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park tomorrow.

I still think Mini-Me is probably too young for the Arts, but I guess if it doesn't work out it's only 5 minutes away and free.

The third option in SD is the Shedd Aquarium in La Jolla.

I've never been there, but in the recent past I've been to aquariums in Baltimore, Minneapolis and Toronto (this one was in January), so I'm good in the aquatic department for some time.

Might be worth the drive for you and the kid, though.

The last post in this topic was posted 1690 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.