What is the best credit repair agency?

The last post in this topic was posted 1863 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have late pays on credit cards 30-90 and a charge off that I paid but still shows as a CO.

I understand that I can do everything an agency can do but want to hire someone. I do not have the time to learn and do the research.

Any recommendations? Know of any that are outright rip-offs.

Any advice is welcomed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a word that starts with s and ends in t and the condition of OP's credit by using credit repair companies.

Ultimately, they are all rip-offs, if you define a rip-off as a service that charges you more money than the service is worth.

If I were you, if money is a consideration, sign up to Credit Karma, and dispute everything that's negative. Let the bureaus do what they do and in about 45 days, things that are not backed up with proof will drop off, the rest will stay on.

As far as I know, no credit repair agency can dispute things that are actually valid. But, I've always just disputed things myself.

This is the best credit repair agency, IMHO.

First, it's free. There's nothing they can do that you can't do yourself.

Second, it's filled with so much information shared by other users PLUS the PsyDoc "Credit Repair 101" and other prepared guides it's not really hard to figure out how to start. It might seem daunting at first, but if repairing your credit is important to you, then the time reading the guidelines IS worth the trouble. Even if you work full time, you can dedicate 30 minutes every few days to reading, or on weekends.

Third, most of them, instead of actually *repairing* your credit, instead get you set up with a payment program that looks just as bad as a Chapter 13 to creditors. So they're making your credit worse instead of better, and getting paid to do it. I wonder how many are actually related to CAs or creditors, because they do much more harm than good.

We have members who are single parents, working full time AND going to school. So know that it is possible to fit credit repair into a demanding schedule. And if you ever plan to buy a car or a house, getting your credit cleaned up can you save your thousands, or even tens of thousands of dollars.

If your credit problems go back to 2009, you almost certainly have items that could be removed with a 5 minute phone call or a one-paragraph letter.

Week1: 20 minutes - If you haven't already, go to annualcreditreport.com and request copies of your credit report from each of the credit reporting agencies. -

Week2: 30-60 minutes - after you have your credit reports (the copies that came directly from the CRA's), start a thread here titled something like "xJimx's credit repair journey", and post the details of every account with negative items

Week3-X: 30-60 minutes - start working through the recommendations you receive. Many items will literally take minutes to address.,

This forum is full of threads from folks who come here to fix things that are now unfixable due to many months of paid-for credit repair "help."

It seems daunting and overwhelming now, but it's a lot easier than you think.

Exactly. They end up with accounts that may re-start the statute of limitations for lawsuits against them, and account statuses that look and score like accounts in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy -- believe it or not, a chargeoff, CA, or JDB account looks better and scores better than "on a payment plan".

It's not as bad as it looks. I'm new here (been a member for less than a month) and I've already had 3 medical collections deleted, a goodwill charge off removed , 1 tradeline removed off my report and a invalid judgement removed . Only money I've spent is for stamps and priority mail receipts for the WhyChat method.

It's not as bad as it looks. I'm new here (been a member for less than a month) and I've already had 3 medical collections deleted, a goodwill charge off removed , 1 tradeline removed off my report and a invalid judgement removed . Only money I've spent is for stamps and priority mail receipts for the WhyChat method.

Awesome work.

It doesn't get any faster or cheaper than that!

member since 2009. interesting fist post.

+1 good catch Hege.

We have members who are single parents, working full time AND going to school. So know that it is possible to fit credit repair into a demanding schedule. And if you ever plan to buy a car or a house, getting your credit cleaned up can you save your thousands, or even tens of thousands of dollars.

If your credit problems go back to 2009, you almost certainly have items that could be removed with a 5 minute phone call or a one-paragraph letter.

Week1: 20 minutes - If you haven't already, go to annualcreditreport.com and request copies of your credit report from each of the credit reporting agencies. -

Week2: 30-60 minutes - after you have your credit reports (the copies that came directly from the CRA's), start a thread here titled something like "xJimx's credit repair journey", and post the details of every account with negative items

Week3-X: 30-60 minutes - start working through the recommendations you receive. Many items will literally take minutes to address.,

+1

I'm sure if you look hard enough you could MAKE the TIME!!!!!!

+1

If you care about your credit, you can find time.

Why pay someone 100 bucks a month to mail a dispute when u can do that yourself for 47 cents. If that's all gone be done get educated here and u can clean up your own credit.

+1

It seems daunting and overwhelming now, but it's a lot easier than you think.

+1 unfortunately this is the truth, don't let a credit repair company screw you.

member since 2009. interesting fist post.

That's 7 years. The OP's reports should be pristine, even if they did nothing for 7 years.

Mine are close from my old debt I didn't want to just default on, but I held on for awhile. If I'd stopped paying sooner mine would probably have all aged off.

• Admin

Who is the best credit repair agency?

You are. With help from this board

Yes, I have read all the helpful advice and in all my years of AOL dialup I don't think I have come across more xxxx on a site.

So can you tell me what the xxxx means?

The last post in this topic was posted 1863 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.