Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

3:1 Marriott to Starwood Points Transfer, Status Match, and Merger Details!

The last post in this topic was posted 1410 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

The only thing related to this merger that makes me happy is that some point I will start staying at the Westin South Coast Plaza instead of the Costa Mesa Marriott, which is badly in need of a retread.

Thanks for the heads up, Cappy.

My wife has 91K Marriott points that I doubt we will ever use. We're going to transfer them to her SPG account and then move them to my SPG account.

It looks like the system is down right now though.

I was just able to transfer 91K points which worked out to 30,333 Starpoints. The transaction showed up immediately in her SPG account, but the balance does not reflect the transaction yet.

Was going to start a new topic but will piggyback here:

And so it starts:

Email notifying me I can link my Ritz-Carleton, Marriott Rewards® and SPG® accounts.

They're offering to instantly match your SPG® Gold membership with Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status or higher, allow use of Marriott points on SPG and during stays at Marriott Rewards-participating hotels, you’ll receive Rewards benefits, including room upgrades and a 25% bonus on base points.

...Is there any benefit to *not* linking at this time?

I was just able to transfer 91K points which worked out to 30,333 Starpoints. The transaction showed up immediately in her SPG account, but the balance does not reflect the transaction yet.

Dude, this is badass.

I have about a quarter million Marriott points that I'm not entirely sure what to do with.

Edited by Zobelle

The only thing related to this merger that makes me happy is that some point I will start staying at the Westin South Coast Plaza instead of the Costa Mesa Marriott, which is badly in need of a retread.

Why, oh why, oh why are you staying in Costa Mexico, CV? It's a 10-minute drive to South Coast Plaza from Fascist Island and the Newport Beach Marriott -- 5 if you're only going to John Wayne. Newport seems much more your style.

got the email and yawned; although now at least I can do something with my >100k orphaned Marriott points. Marriott clearly is not trying to earn goodwill with the starwood customers worried about the walmartization of rewards.

Why, oh why, oh why are you staying in Costa Mexico, CV? It's a 10-minute drive to South Coast Plaza from Fascist Island and the Newport Beach Marriott -- 5 if you're only going to John Wayne. Newport seems much more your style.

:D Unless you're going to an event at the Segerstrom Center, there is no need to stay in the South Coast Plaza area.

:D Unless you're going to an event at the Segerstrom Center, there is no need to stay in the South Coast Plaza area.

It's the closest Big Girl (full service) Marriott to my office in OC. The Westin SCP is the closest Big Girl Starwood.

It's the closest Big Girl (full service) Marriott to my office in OC. The Westin SCP is the closest Big Girl Starwood.

Speaking of full service Marriott.

We're staying at one this weekend at the lowly price of 15,000 Marriott points and one anniversary cert. Suite upgrade and Breakfast for Gold+ for two mornings pretty much broke even on the points burnt.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lflemingjr2000
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines