Sign in to follow this  
ladylunis

Redemption - The LadyLunis story

Equifax has a glitch in their system that won't let me check the status of my disputes, but CK is showing that my two Cap1 CO's have been removed. I know their scores are Fako, but their reporting has been in line with CCT thus far. I also called and asked them about the status of all 3 disputes, and she said they are only showing one dispute currently. Makes me hopeful that the two are actually off. I won't know for sure for another 2 weeks, or whenever they figure their glitch out.

Checked the online dispute status for EX, and it's showing my two Cap1 CO's at "updated," although nothing is reflected yet on CCT. Hoping that means they have been removed. I won't get an updated report until the third dispute is completed, and that's still showing as pending.

How did you get the Cap1 CO's off of your reports? Looking for advice as I have a couple CO's from them as well.

Thanks in advance!

Sometimes you can get them deleted as obsolete as early as 6 months prior to their "age off" date. See here: https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=521705&hl=

I'm so mad! I finally got my dispute results back from EX. All three CO's remain! They are due to fall off in March. That's only 4 months away! I'll be trying again in December. :aggressive:

Keep your head up you are doing great. They are about to drop very soon so I wouldn't sweat it.

The money you are spending on CMRR you could use for something else. We all know they add up quick.

UPDATE: New reports and scores available today via CCT.

Highlights: No movement on EX again, and a slight drop on EQ. Not sure what happened there, but I'll make a guess and say that it's because my 3 CO's that I tried to get off due to age ended up updating. I'll be trying again this month. Either way, It's only a few points, so I hope to gain them back in Jan. Nice jump on TU, though, after they removed my 3 CO's.

EX: 618 +0

EQ: 618 -7

TU: 657 +27

Short-term goal (1-3 months) - break out of the 400's in all 3 CRA's

Oct - Dec 2016

COMPLETED ON TIME

Mid-range goal (6-9 months) - complete trial period of modification COMPLETED ON TIME

Mar - Jun 2017 - no lates on auto loans or mortgage COMPLETED ON TIME

- break out of the 500's in all 3 CRA's Completed in October 2017

- qualify for 1-2 new CC's COMPLETED ON TIME (1 new CC)

Long-term goals (12-18 months) - qualify for 1-2 "rewards" CC's Qualified to upgrade one CC to "cash back" card.

Sep 2017 - Mar 2018 - break out of the "Fair" category in all 3 CRA's

As of Sep 1, 2016

Experian - 499

EquiFax - 473

TransUnion - 480

As of November 1, 2017

Experian 618 (+119)

Equifax 618 (+145)

TransUnion 657 (+177)

6 medical collection accounts All removed from all 3 reports

2 revolving charge offs Removed from TU Nov '17.

2 revolving collections

1 revolving collection Removed from TU Nov '17.

1 fitness membership collection Off all 3 reports

2 auto loans with past due reporting BOTH CURRENTLY REPORTING "ON TIME"

1 mortgage with past due reporting (modified) CURRENTLY REPORTING "ON TIME"

Someone pinch me!

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a goRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $20,000.00.

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

Someone pinch me!

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a goRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $20,000.00.

Was this after being denied just a couple of months ago?? Nice work! I believe I told you in that thread to be patient and keep you eyes on the prize, not to succumb to applying for crappy cards to give you a temporary happiness. I bet this feels a WHOLE hell of a lot better!

Congrats!!!

Someone pinch me!

Was this after being denied just a couple of months ago?? Nice work! I believe I told you in that thread to be patient and keep you eyes on the prize, not to succumb to applying for crappy cards to give you a temporary happiness. I bet this feels a WHOLE hell of a lot better!

Congrats!!!

Thank you! Yes, you did. I knew I didn't want any toy/turd cards. NFCU was my goal. I'm so frickin' happy right now!

DH was blown away when I told him. I'm a long way from that 480 TU score now! :yahoo:

Regular CCT monitoring shows an overnight jump in EX score from 618 to 642. Thank you, NFCU!

Positive factor not listed before:

Recent credit card usage

3B report and scores available in 17 days. Will report back on score changes with the other 2 then.

Closing in on 700!

Highlights: BIG jump in scores this month, partial thanks going to NFCU! TU saw the removal of 4 delinquent TLs, while EX and EQ saw the removal of 1 each.

TU has now jumped OVER 200 points since I began my journey! I'm in disbelief! 700 is right around the corner!

New goals added for 2018.

EX: 639 +21

EQ: 659 +41

TU: 686 +29

Oct - Dec 2016

COMPLETED ON TIME

Mid-range goal (6-9 months) - complete trial period of modification COMPLETED ON TIME

Long-term goals (12-18 months) - qualify for 1-2 "rewards" CC's COMPLETED ON TIME

Sep 2017 - Mar 2018 - break out of the "Fair" category in all 3 CRA's 1 out of 3 now reporting "Good"

2018 goals - 700's on all 3 reports by mid-year

- 750+ on all 3 reports by end of the year

- Expand my portfolio to include Chase, and 1-2 other prime accounts.

As of Sep 1, 2016

Experian - 499

EquiFax - 473

TransUnion - 480

As of January 2, 2018

Experian 639 (+140)

Equifax 659 (+186)

TransUnion 684 (+204)

2 revolving collections

Edited by ladylunis

Combined +530. :swoon::yahoo::clapping:

Seriously, I can't even believe it. Things were SO bleak when I started back in September of 2016. All I wanted was to get my scores into the 500's. Now here I am staring down 700 less than a year and a half later!

Seriously, I can't even believe it. Things were SO bleak when I started back in September of 2016. All I wanted was to get my scores into the 500's. Now here I am staring down 700 less than a year and a half later!

Keep revising the goal upward, and eventually you'll hit your head on 850 x 3! :D

Keep revising the goal upward, and eventually you'll hit your head on 850 x 3! :D

I want to be like CV when I grow up! :D

Do you have any thoughts for next steps?

-TU is my cleanest report, so if there's a card that will pull TU only, that would be great.

-I want to expand my profile, but I don't want to clutter it up with toy limits. If I app for something and get approved, I want the overall limit to be reflective of my hard work.

-I don't travel, so I guess the biggest reward for me would be cash back.

That being said, if I should hold out on applying for anything for right now, I'm ok with that, too.

There's a Master Thread for issuers who mainly pull TU here: https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=512275&p=5613829

I would just keep in mind Chase's 5/24 rule when applying, and if you have eyes for any of theirs, remember they're one of the most picky about other applications!

Chase is definitely on my list of "wants." They are another reason that I want to be judicious with my applications. I don't want to get cards for the sake of getting cards. With that said, it will likely be a while until I actually apply with them. I think I'll want to be comfortably in the 700's before I pull that trigger.

I am going to be starting a similar journey so this was very inspiring! Thank you and congrats!

Highlights: BIG jump in scores this month, partial thanks going to NFCU! TU saw the removal of 4 delinquent TLs, while EX and EQ saw the removal of 1 each.

TU has now jumped OVER 200 points since I began my journey! I'm in disbelief! 700 is right around the corner!

New goals added for 2018.

EX: 639 +21

EQ: 659 +41

TU: 686 +29

Oct - Dec 2016

COMPLETED ON TIME

Long-term goals (12-18 months) - qualify for 1-2 "rewards" CC's COMPLETED ON TIME

Sep 2017 - Mar 2018 - break out of the "Fair" category in all 3 CRA's 1 out of 3 now reporting "Good"

2018 goals - 700's on all 3 reports by mid-year

- 750+ on all 3 reports by end of the year

- Expand my portfolio to include Chase, and 1-2 other prime accounts.

As of Sep 1, 2016

Experian - 499

EquiFax - 473

TransUnion - 480

As of January 2, 2018

Experian 639 (+140)

Equifax 659 (+186)

TransUnion 684 (+204)

2 revolving collections

Congrats way to stay the course. :good:

I followed your advice and sent a written dispute to Transunion regarding the gym membership. I received an updated copy of my credit report in the mail today. I'm happy to say it's been removed!