Alliant CU Installment Loan Hack CliffsNotes®

Konrad2012

The last post in this topic was posted 1832 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

...as I understand it, no open installments. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No open installments above 10% utilization, but then you would already have the points to be gained from this technique so there would be nothing left to gain. Before the myfico summary thread, there was the original thread that was started by poster Relevate. That's where the initial playing around started. I don't have links to where the multi loan info is in that thread but if I recall correctly there were posters who got the bump and then experimented with getting a second similar loan in the same fashion to see if there were any more points to be gained from adding a second loan and they reported that a second loan did not give any more points. It didn't take any away either. Anyway, what I got out of reading the original thread is that the points appear to be gained or lost based on utilization of all loans combined and that having more than one loan has never been reported to increase points beyond points gained from the first loan. The summary thread, which is the one that floats near the top over there has most of the info of the original thread condensed into the first three posts.

No open installments above 10% utilization, but then you would already have the points to be gained from this technique so there would be nothing left to gain. Before the myfico summary thread, there was the original thread that was started by poster Relevate. That's where the initial playing around started. I don't have links to where the multi loan info is in that thread but if I recall correctly there were posters who got the bump and then experimented with getting a second similar loan in the same fashion to see if there were any more points to be gained from adding a second loan and they reported that a second loan did not give any more points. It didn't take any away either. Anyway, what I got out of reading the original thread is that the points appear to be gained or lost based on utilization of all loans combined and that having more than one loan has never been reported to increase points beyond points gained from the first loan. The summary thread, which is the one that floats near the top over there has most of the info of the original thread condensed into the first three posts.

Got it. thanks. :)

...so for all practical purposes. I'm gunna dig through my links, I think I have the thread you reference marked...

They report loans at the end of the month. Some posters on myfico have reported that the loan did not report for them the first month but lots of others have reported that it did for them. I think it depends on if you get everything done in the first two or three weeks of the month.

That would be pretty sweet if it posted the first month. I'll know when my AMEX and WM FICO posts for October.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it. thanks. :)

...so for all practical purposes. I'm gunna dig through my links, I think I have the thread you reference marked...

Probably one of these:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Installment-tradeline-utilization-thread/m-p/4055989#M94476

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Comparison-Share-Secured-savings-loans/m-p/4047239#M209717

It would be great to collect datapoints here. There's no need to link to MF. The OP gave credit where it was due, but there isn't a need to link elsewhere.

Apparently the TheManWhoCan didn't agree. It appears he likes to drive traffic to a site that refuses to allow links to CB. Weak sauce.

If there is only one boring fact that you learn about me, let it be that I do not allow Mendelssohn (or anyone else) decide what I do or do not post.

When and if the Admins have a problem with that, I'm sure I will be the first to know.

And remember these words from Abraham Lincoln: Be Excellent to each other. And... party on, dudes!

It would be great to collect datapoints here. There's no need to link to MF. The OP gave credit where it was due, but there isn't a need to link elsewhere.

Apparently the TheManWhoCan didn't agree. It appears he likes to drive traffic to a site that refuses to allow links to CB. Weak sauce.

If there is only one boring fact that you learn about me, let it be that I do not allow Mendelssohn (or anyone else) decide what I do or do not post.

When and if the Admins have a problem with that, I'm sure I will be the first

The fact is your actions show a basic lack of respect to the CB board owners.

About 1 in 4 of theman's posts, at least the ones I checked, have links to MFF.

I could be mistaken, but I think he may also be a member named napkins.

OT - I thought you were on vacation.

Sorry, but I don't understand the Napkins reference.

Before this goes too far, let me point out that someone who calls himself Themanwhocan on MFF, and calls himself Themanwhocan on CB, isn't likely trying very hard to hide who he is. Sorry, but there just isn't a conspiracy here, at least not on my part.

Unless... maybe its a Double Secret Conspiracy... Perhaps I should give this some more thought.

• Admin

Before this goes too far, let me point out that someone who calls himself Themanwhocan on MFF, and calls himself Themanwhocan on CB, isn't likely trying very hard to hide who he is. Sorry, but there just isn't a conspiracy here, at least not on my part.

Unless... maybe its a Double Secret Conspiracy... Perhaps I should give this some more thought.

No, we don't think it's a conspiracy and it certainly isn't a secret, since it's obvious if we look. It's just that MFF doesn't play fair. Are you one of the ones who deletes posts and bans people? I realize that is just going by their rules, but really, you post a lot of links to that site. We're just asking you to stop driving traffic there. We don't chain people to their computers or forbid them to visit there, but your links are excessive, and we'd prefer you stop doing it.

Links don't just drive our traffic there, they also boost MFF's search engine rankings. We don't go using other boards' resoucrces to boost out rankings and drive traffic from their site to CB. It's rude, and if you boil it down to MFF's other standards, it's theft of resources. They are not good neighbors, and we don't care for them. The advice there is generally juvenile overly simplistic and misleading. People come here from there and they have dug themselves in so deep it will take a couple of years to dig out. Then they've buried themselves in trash cards with $250 limits.

We really don't have hard feelings and we don't do board wars, but please just stop using our resources to drive traffic to MFF and boost their wearch engine ranking.

• Admin

napkins is Marv's alter ID. We all have them. Mine is skittles. When we need to see what members see, we use our alters. No big secret.

Well, I didn't like what he was saying and gave him -3 reps :rofl:

I just spit on my monitor. LOL.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

• Admin

That isn't the main concern. The main concern is your repeated posting of links back to my Fako. Please address that.

One subtlety that would be helpful to be documented in this thread is whether Alliant reports this line as secured or unsecured. Some folks may not want the potential stigma of a secured line for 3-4 years on their report.

Doesn't matter. If you need the points, it's good. If you're a FICO geek, your file is probably good enough for it not to matter.

A mortgage is a secured loan, as is an auto loan, just for perspective.

Edited by Konrad2012

I don't have alternate usernames that I use on here and I certainly have not used MFF since forever ago at the end of 2014 unless maybe it was a random link. Same with Credit Karma. salamanders.

Those MFFrs took me to Store Toy Card Hell before I found CB and stopped that practice. I was borderline AA since I loaded up on Comenity cards all in a short period. I went ahead and closed those cards with the exception of 2 of them (Buckle, Overstock) those two places fit in our family's lifestyle.

I am coming up on 2 years since reading CB. I am well over $300K in available credit with excellent rewards and 3% UTL. Most importantly I was able to leave my wireless router investor and start my own business which is doing phenomenal. We were ranked #1 month over month since July 1 2016 our official start date.

I took the chance on myself with my new found credit and guess what..... I didn't need any outside investment or loan to build my business thanks to what I learned here. Prior to CB I always needed investment dollars and that never worked out in my favor.

I've never looked back at those flowers clowns over there at MFF who encourage and condone horrible credit build/rebuild practices.

Had I found CB first I would have probably saved myself $25K in time, interest, and travel rewards. My time is valuable so it's a much higher number in my head.

Thank God I am approaching that 2 year mark now and my prime banking relationships see how I perform despite having those turds on my reports.

The biggest way that the advice on MFF and CK hurt me was the Comenity app sprees. They held me back until this year. All of my prime card approval SLs were weak and dismal due to too many recent accounts in a weak and thin file.

If I would have found CB first.... I'd be where I am today a year ago. So I have nothing but severe animosity towards them. They may help some people and do good.... But not in my case.

Thank you CB owners. This place truly changed my life and gave mw my shot at the American dream under my terms and not someone else's.

If I never felt liberated before. I do today and I will this holiday season when I can buy with credit and PIF rather than pay interest.

• Admin

Nice work! The alters are admin, not regular members; sometimes we need to see what members see. Members are not supposed to create alters, we will usually merge the alter with the original, unless there is a super good reason and prior permission. :)

The last post in this topic was posted 1832 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.