Sign in to follow this  
black2002ls

ARS and zombie debt

I got calls yesterday and today, both regarding chase debts. 2 different agencies. Today was ARS, yesterday was a place with a name much like a lawyer. I will have to check my notes and post later. Both are insinuating civil action. Today ARS mentioned civil action. I told both that I am not aware of any such debts and will not make any statements regarding them. ARS said they would send out information. The other place said attempts had been made at an address I lived at 6 or 7 years ago. These are old. Nothing on my reports as everything has aged off (read past SOL). I am in Texas and SOL is 4 years.

Suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There was a post yesterday from someone claiming ARS called and threatened a lawsuit unless she paid up immediately. IT was quite suspicious and we think someone at ARS or someone impersonating ARS has launched a scam campaign trying to make quick dough before they amscray to the Cayman Islands

What do I file as the complaint. Threatening legal action with no badis to do so? I don't recall exactly during todays phone call whether they were threatening to file themselves, or recommend filing. I know the call from yesterday they were insinuating that they would recommend their client pursue action.

They called me, my mother, my employer and my ex husband of 23 years yesterday and said they were suing me!! They don't even have a license in the state of Washington to collect debt. And I have zero debt to Chase. I haven't called them back yet because I didn't know what to say. Same threat legal action in a civil case pending lawsuit blah blah blah.

They called me, my mother, my employer and my ex husband of 23 years yesterday and said they were suing me!! They don't even have a license in the state of Washington to collect debt. And I have zero debt to Chase. I haven't called them back yet because I didn't know what to say. Same threat legal action in a civil case pending lawsuit blah blah blah.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0258-fake-debt-collectors

these scammers have your personal information and contacts from data breaches or data brokers

https://consumerist.com/2016/02/18/data-broker-must-pay-4-1m-for-selling-sensitive-information-to-scammers/

Experian sold information to a 3rd party credit reseller who then sold it to ID theives

everyobodys information is out there, it's just who they decide to target.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/10/experian-sold-consumer-data-to-id-theft-service/

forward the links to your employer, EX and your mom

Well, I have lost my notes and can't recall exactly what ARS was an acronym for. I have the phone number that they called me from, however, reverse phone searches show it to be a cell phone in Texas. The reason I answered or called back was because the area code was local. :/

Account recovery services. Account resolution services Account receivable services.

if they call again tell them to FOAD.

tell your coworkers / boss it's some scammer who got your information from some data breach or data broker off the internet, cause there's no such debt on your credit reports

send them the links

File a complaint with the Texas AG

Thank you! I will be filing the same CFPB and Texas AG complaints against them.

I am hoping for similar result to what I got when I did the same to Midland Funding. That resulted in them issuing a letter stating that they would cease all collection efforts, remove all trade lines, and the debt would not be sold. Effectively stopping it dead in its tracks.

There are no lines on my reports pertaining to this, so that is not an issue.

Has anyone heard of USS mediation? These guys are doing the same same thing miller stark klein and associates did. They have pulled who is type data and located my dad and his wife and have started calling them and left a voice mail stating the following:

Call back with your attorney information or full payment and that a pending matter will be filed against me.

USS mediation

715-257-3217

left a case number and contact person

That phone number comes back to Athens, WI

I am getting zero hits on google, some web forums reporting that it is a number for rick sullivan. I'm not finding any contact information/address for them, and I need that to file with the CFPB, AG, etc

These scammers are hard to trace. They use fake individual and company names, and they have software that masks their actual number.

All you can do is file a complaint with the number they call from, and block the number.

I have one that use to call my GVoice number all the time. I'd block that number and they would call with a different one.

They would leave messages saying they had a bench warrant for a debt I had not paid. The messages were ridiculous. When a real deputy or sheriff is looking for you, they don't call 50 times with threats, they show up at your door.

Edited by tmcgill

Yeah, they aren't even calling my number. They have managed to trace me, back to my dad, and are calling on a business line that him and his wife have, something I have never been linked to in any way in the past.

I've been through the whole, getting served, dealing with litigation thing! I'm 100% confident it is a scare tactic. I need to re-read all of the guidelines on the types of voicemails that they are allowed to leave. I have a good feeling that the one they left on my step mom's answering machine is a violation, however, she deleted it :(

These scammers are hard to trace. They use fake individual and company names, and they have software that masks their actual number.

All you can do is file a complaint with the number they call from, and block the number.

I have one that use to call my GVoice number all the time. I'd block that number and they would call with a different one.

They would leave messages saying they had a bench warrant for a debt I had not paid. The messages were ridiculous. When a real deputy or sheriff is looking for you, they don't call 50 times with threats, they show up at your door.

+100.

And it continues. There have been zero updates to my CFPB complaint against Miller Stark Klein and Associates. I got a call today, figured it was another collector, and I'm trying to stop all of this BS. Called it back, and it was MSK&A. They are throwing out terms like bank fraud, we need a statement for legal action, etc. This is so much fun!

Just got off of the phone with the CFPB and it appears that they are having a difficult time getting them registered and making contact with MSK&A. This could be a very long process.

And it continues. There have been zero updates to my CFPB complaint against Miller Stark Klein and Associates. I got a call today, figured it was another collector, and I'm trying to stop all of this BS. Called it back, and it was MSK&A. They are throwing out terms like bank fraud, we need a statement for legal action, etc. This is so much fun!

Typical JDB phone drone terrorist tactics.

change your phone #, make it unlisted.

Has anyone heard of USS mediation? These guys are doing the same same thing miller stark klein and associates did. They have pulled who is type data and located my dad and his wife and have started calling them and left a voice mail stating the following:

Call back with your attorney information or full payment and that a pending matter will be filed against me.

USS mediation

715-257-3217

I am getting zero hits on google, some web forums reporting that it is a number for rick sullivan. I'm not finding any contact information/address for them, and I need that to file with the CFPB, AG, etc

According to 800notes dot com, this outfit has been pulling this scam since at least January of this year. They're calling people's home, cell, and work numbers.

USS mediation

715-257-3217

According to 800notes dot com, this outfit has been pulling this scam since at least January of this year. They're calling people's home, cell, and work numbers.

That is about all of the information that I could find as well :/

I finally got a response from Miller Stark Klein and Associates on my CFPB complaint. They claim they will cease and desist on their collection efforts. However, I have an issue with their statement. They are claiming that I confirmed that the debt is mine. I did confirm that I am the individual that they are looking for, but never made any statement directly to confirm that the debt they are seeking is mine. I guess one could infer that since they are looking for me, had a previous address, my phone number, and last 4 of my SSN.

There is a message on an answering machine at my Dad's place that I believe is from them, if not from them, ARS, that may very well be violations of FDCPA and TxFDCPA.

Is it worth me disputing and urging the CFPB to request any recorded conversations that they have had with me?

Here is their response in the CFPB terminal

Company responded

Miller, Stark, Klein, and Associates said:
Explanation of closure
Miller Stark Klein will always strive to do the honest thing and keep our word by closing a debt even if the consumer states they didnt pay it even though they received the goods and services and no further contact with [my name] will be made from our company.
Response
This is in direct response to complaint filed against Miller Stark Klein and Associates from here in referred to a MSKA, by Mr. [my name]. Mr.[my name] was contacted by MSKA on September 6, 2016 in regards to a Chase debt. He was given the Mini Miranda and last 4 of his social security number was then verified and the explanation of the debt was given and that he confirmed he received goods and services for and did not pay what he owed. There was no threat of legal action by his own statement he was told this would be forwarded back to the client. Miller Stark Klein and Associates is a licensed collection agency. [my name] by his own admission stated that he owes the debt, however it is too old to collect on. Miller stark Klein believes that most American citizens want to pay for things they receive good and services for most and most Americans will pay what they owe regardless of how old a debt is, if you enter into a contract with someone you make a promise to pay agreement with them and as such no matter how old a debt is you pay them back. This is Miller Stark Klein's belief that honest American citizens pay what they owe even if it is late, if circumstance in their life prohibit payment at that time they will pay this when the situation is better for them because this is the contractual agreement they were trusted to keep. If a debt is too old to sue this does not mean that the person does not want to pay it, it could mean they were unable to pay due to sickness, illness, or some other life event that prohibited them at the time. This is why we call to see if these circumstances have lifted and the citizen wants to pay back what they owe, even if there is no legal recourse the moral standing will always be the same, pay what you owe. It is however, Miller Stark Klein's belief that when we call a person it is their intentions to pay and we believe that the person on the other line wants to do the right thing. In rare cases we find people that choose not to do the honest thing and pay what they agree they received goods and services for and in this instance we close the matter and we do not sell the debt to anyone. Miller Stark Klein and Associates can't say for sure of the account was sold to more than one collection agency at the time we purchased it however we as a company will always strive to do the honest thing and keep our word by closing the debt out and making no further contact with [my name].
A few issues I have with this:
1. They are refuting my claims that they were indicating legal action, including but not limited to, bank fraud.
2. They claim to be a licensed collection agency, however, they do not provide a license number. I have not been able to find them on the Texas SOS website as being registered in my state. Should I push for their registration information?

Sounds like they got scared as chit by the CFPB and spewed out some BS about "Don't you want to be a good guy and pay what you owe" LOL yea ok.