Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Navy Federal has joined forces with GEICO

The last post in this topic was posted 1531 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I always suspected that GEICO was subprime. Now we know.

Last time I shopped for insurance my agent actually gave me a list of quality companies to check, and said that if I end up leaving after all these years she wanted to make sure I didn't go to GEICO. Her basis was 20 years of painful issues she saw GEICO customers experience with their insurer when they were at fault for crashing into her customers.

GEICO also has a call center near my old office in suburban San Diego, and it was frequently rumored/discussed that their employees had to wear timers every second they were away from their desks, including when they had to go squeeze one off, which counted against their break time.

Now here is the cue for people to post their own happy GEICO anecdotes in an effort to discredit my post.

Last time I shopped for insurance my agent actually gave me a list of quality companies to check, and said that if I end up leaving after all these years she wanted to make sure I didn't go to GEICO. Her basis was 20 years of painful issues she saw GEICO customers experience with their insurer when they were at fault for crashing into her customers.

GEICO also has a call center near my old office in suburban San Diego, and it was frequently rumored/discussed that their employees had to wear timers every second they were away from their desks, including when they had to go squeeze one off, which counted against their break time.

Now here is the cue for people to post their own happy GEICO anecdotes in an effort to discredit my post.

Little OT but sounds like Verizon when I worked for telco called GTE before they got bought out...all the CS reps had stopwatch around their neck to keep track of their time.

That's awesome. Employees should pinch a loaf on their own time.

I have been with GEICO for 20 years, Yes, even had claims with them. Flawless. They are not subprime unless you are an salamander driver. FWIW - almost all call centers operate the way you say GEICO's does.

Call center jobs are meant to be entry level for kids right out HS or in college. They were never meant to be a career. If you don't want to be micromanaged working in a call center, esteem to be something more.

Most of the call center employees where I work ARE kids.. and they need to be watched in this way.

The sad fact is: They aren't always "squeezing one out" when they are in the restroom, a vast majority are hiding out there playing on their phones because they are not allowed to have them out when on the job. They are being paid to deal with customers, not screw around on company time.

Edited by Cactus Flower

I have tried to get numerous quotes from other insurers, NONE give me a cheaper rate that GEICO.

This is probably the worst measure of how good insurance is.

I had GEICO when I was younger, but wouldn't go back.

We have Allstate now and with the multipolicy discount, it is less expensive than budget companies but with much better coverage.

CV is right that price shouldn't be the only reason. For anyone who owns a home, you usually make out better going after multipolicy discounts with major companies anyway though.

I had GEICO, and was far from satisfied.

First instance was when my car was hit, by an uninsured driver claim went in, they stated that the repair was lower than my deductible.

My bill was 1700, my deductible was 500. You do the math.

2nd was when I renewed, apparently they sent a notice to the state my insurance cancelled. In the meantime my plates went dead I got stopped over it. And had to go to court to prove my insurance. When I said I needed an affidavit of insurance they kept sending me a declaration page. Even when the state insurance regulator called them to tell them exactly what I needed. They didn't provide it. Luckily after enough phone calls I found someone useful and got what I needed.

I switched to GMAC, I got a deal cause I have a relationship with GM.

I think Breeze could chime in best here she's the insurance expert.

Edited by unleashedfury

The last post in this topic was posted 1531 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.