What prime banks/cards would YOU add?

The last post in this topic was posted 1676 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

What cards what you add and why?

I have cards from AMEX, NFCU, CAP1, SYNCH, and CHASE.

Would you go for BOA or another prime bank?

My next strategy is signup bonuses for travel. I like VentureOne or possibly BOA Travel rewards... but Im open to any/all ideas.

You can see my lineup by scrolling to the bottom of this thread.... https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=531199&page=4

Many minds here are more sharp then mine, so lets here what you would add if you had my current line up.

Thanks as always.

What is your exact rewards strategy?

Are you under Chase's 5/24 rule?

I dont have a clear cut strategy, but Im leaning towards travel at the moment. I have the Chase SouthWest card for the bonus, and I want a hotel card. I like how Cap1 and BOA just reimburse so Im not tied to a specific hotel.... but Im willing to adjust.

I didnt think I was under the 5/24, but I just got approved for the SW card a week or so ago. Do they count that? I have def had 5 cards within the past 2 years.

I have app'd for Chase products numerous times and never could get an approval... but appears the SW card was much easier?

If you have 5+ credit cards opened in the last 24 months on your credit report, you won't get approved for many new cards with ver few exceptions. That Chase Southwest card probably counts because Chase knows what Chase cards you have.

A few exceptions are if you're Chase Private Client or JP Morgan Private Bank.

Another exception is if you apply for the new Chase Sapphire Reserve in branch, and have a pre approved offer that states a fixed APR (as opposed to an APR range.) You can read about this here: https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=574525

If you're able to get a Chase Sapphire Reserve, I strongly recommend that this be your next card. The transferable points give you a lot of flexibility.

If you dont have $50K+ in cash/assets with BofA, any standard 2% card is better than the TR.

Got it. I was just looking at the signup bonus.

I got 7-10 day on the C$R.... which Ive always gotten with Chase except on the SW branded card. I expect a denial and Ill see what the letter in the mail states. Ive tried to get in with them a couple times over the past 2+ years.

If you dont have $50K+ in cash/assets with BofA, any standard 2% card is better than the TR.

Got it. I was just looking at the signup bonus.

I got 7-10 day on the C$R.... which Ive always gotten with Chase except on the SW branded card. I expect a denial and Ill see what the letter in the mail states. Ive tried to get in with them a couple times over the past 2+ years.

You need to go to a branch and see if you have a pre approved offer with a fixed APR.

What is your exact rewards strategy?

I dont have a clear cut strategy, but Im leaning towards travel at the moment. I have the Chase SouthWest card for the bonus, and I want a hotel card. I like how Cap1 and BOA just reimburse so Im not tied to a specific hotel.... but Im willing to adjust.

This is the path you should keep heading down before applying for cards (unless there is some urgent need to)

Sometimes it helps if you start from the perspective of a specific redemption, such as "I would like to fly to X destination and stay at Y hotel there" Then try to figure out what you currently have that works or doesn't work for that and what cards would work with your current cards to help you achieve that goal.

95% of 7-10 are denials 30 days or 2 weeks message more chance of approval.

I got 7-10 in the web browser... the email says "We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days".[/size]

So Im dead?, or alive for the moment?[/size]

Then you need to go to a branch.

Call Chase application status line. If it's a 7-10 day message there, most likely a denial.

DH got 7-10 day upon applying. 30-day email. 2 weeks status line. Approved 4 days later.

^This.

800-436-7927 automated number, there are others also, this is the one I have in my phone.

Call Chase application status line. If it's a 7-10 day message there, most likely a denial.

DH got 7-10 day upon applying. 30-day email. 2 weeks status line. Approved 4 days later.

^This.

800-436-7927 automated number, there are others also, this is the one I have in my phone.

I called the status line, got the 7-10 day message so sound like Im dead. No branches anywhere close to try the other recommendation.

^This.

I called the status line, got the 7-10 day message so sound like Im dead. No branches anywhere close to try the other recommendation.

Got the letter... it states:

"Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us".

When should I app again? Does this sound like a 5/24 thing?

The last post in this topic was posted 1676 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.