Sign in to follow this  
HelpmyCredit90

Worst collection agencies?

I have them on my CR's.

I researched all the debt collectors before engaging with them and MCM is so terrible (lawsuit after lawsuit) I actually emailed the exec office of credit one bank and told them to either delete the TL or hire another C/A.

Ad Astra recovery, I sent DV letter and they sent me back almost the whole contract.

Well, if it is yours, they will at least do a PFD. Only verbal, though. They won't put it in writing, but they will delete.

I can't say. I had the means to pay it in full, knew it was mine, and wanted it off my reports. I didn't think they would settle and delete, but I might just be foolish for not asking.

I have them on my CR's.

I researched all the debt collectors before engaging with them and MCM is so terrible (lawsuit after lawsuit) I actually emailed the exec office of credit one bank and told them to either delete the TL or hire another C/A.

Midland isn't a CA for Credit one

Midland is a junk debt buyer - Credit one sold your account complete.

midland owns the debt, no further money will go back to the bank if you pay it off.

Jefferson Capital - there is a special place in hell for them.

Jefferson Capital might have been the easiest for me. It took one BBB complaint and they deleted all three accounts. Never heard from them again.

(Helped a friend) Midland Funding was a bit more stubborn. DV, BBB and CFPB complaints, nothing. A nastier DV, nothing. A nutty DV with an ITS- bingo! Gone within a week or two. They also sent a closure/deletion confirmation letter.

Jefferson Capital - there is a special place in hell for them.

Jefferson Capital might have been the easiest for me. It took one BBB complaint and they deleted all three accounts. Never heard from them again.

(Helped a friend) Midland Funding was a bit more stubborn. DV, BBB and CFPB complaints, nothing. A nastier DV, nothing. A nutty DV with an ITS- bingo! Gone within a week or two. They also sent a closure/deletion confirmation letter.

That was my experience with Midland also.

If you send them a well written and credible threat to file a lawsuit, they delete and send you a letter absolving you of responsibility.

In my case it was for a Capital One account from many moons ago, but still within the SOL.

Midland is easy to get rid of.

But the OC tradeline from Cap One still said "charge off" and took a bit more effort to dispose of.

Do you guys actually pay off collections or DV until the collection gets deleted? I've DV a couple of them with success, however I have a collection with AD Astra Recovery Services for Speedy cash. They sent me back almost the whole contract with signatures, but no copies of my girlfriends ID? After doing research on them, i found that they aren't currently license to collect in Texas? However; I've read that if I call them out on that license they will just turn my collection to someone who is license. The collection is for $1,148.

Jefferson Capital bought servicing rights to a auto loan that I included in my Ch 13 BK.. Then I was fortunate enough to be able to dismiss the BK early. It goes downhill from there. It ended up just shy of a federal lawsuit being filed and basically a deal was worked out the day it was. This was after about 90 days of hell getting to that point.

Do you guys actually pay off collections or DV until the collection gets deleted? I've DV a couple of them with success, however I have a collection with AD Astra Recovery Services for Speedy cash. They sent me back almost the whole contract with signatures, but no copies of my girlfriends ID? After doing research on them, i found that they aren't currently license to collect in Texas? However; I've read that if I call them out on that license they will just turn my collection to someone who is license. The collection is for $1,148.

Your Girlfriends' ID?

WHO SIGNED FOR IT?

National Recovery (of Kennseaw GA). Some deadbeat listed my cellphone number as one of his contact numbers (work). Nothing I could do, including calling the police down there and calling the president of the company personally could get them to STOP calling me and asking for "Christian." Learned one thing in that episode. The law protects the deadbeats. The innocent bystanders have no protection.

Your Girlfriends' ID?

WHO SIGNED FOR IT?

I'm trying to help her fix her credit. I sent a DV to AD Astra Recovery they collecting for a loan she obtain in 2012. I guess they must have contacted Speedy Cash because they sent back almost whole contract with her signature. However after doing research I found that they are not bonded or license to be collecting in Texas? Next move, they don't call her or harras her. Edited by Killbadcredit

Midland funding

real scumbags.

+1

One of their associates, Atlantic Credit and Finance, calls me after 9PM here on the East Coast from a blocked number. A rule about CAs: STAY OFF THE PHONE.

Having dealt with FPB before, I was able to un-do my error, and use the phone to beat them off with a stick. 100% of CAs lie, 100% of the time. I dont get letters from them anymore, and upon further inspection, they left an address of the OC for when its time to request they recall the debt from the CA.

The best are the ones that go away after the first DV. Which is the first thing to do when getting a dunning letter from a CA. If there is not some kind of weird special circumstance, like it came right after a mortgage app (?) or its past SOL, in which case it is emergency TP.