Sign in to follow this  
DoctorREDD

STARTUP BUILDING CREDIT WITH NO PG

I have just begun actively building business credit after five years of utilizing my own funds thanks to accidentally coming across this section of the forums and in the past 30 days, I have been approved for:

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

BP Fuel Advantage w/mastercard logo - awaiting credit limit information but approved and account has been set up

Strategic Network Solutions- $1000

ITC- $5000

I was denied all Office & Home Depot, Amazon & New Egg

update on Pep Boys Fleet Card credit limit- $1600

I have just begun actively building business credit after five years of utilizing my own funds thanks to accidentally coming across this section of the forums and in the past 30 days, I have been approved for:

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

BP Fuel Advantage w/mastercard logo - awaiting credit limit information but approved and account has been set up

ITC- $5000

Thanks for the update!

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

ITC- $5000

UPDATE FOR BP FUEL ADVANTAGE MC- CREDIT LIMIT IS $900 AND ONLY ALLOWABLE USAGE IS FUEL AND MAINTENANCE. NO ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE, LODGING, OR INCIDENTALS ACCEPTED PRESENTLY

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

ITC- $5000

Thanks for the update!

My pleasure

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

ITC- $5000

Looks like you are off to a great start!

How long did Pep Boys take to give you an approval answer?

Did you go into the store, or do the app online for Pep Boys?

BP Fuel Advantage sounds like a nice one! Keep us updated on that one!

Strategic Network Solutions is another great grab.

ITC? Whats that?

Thank you so much!

I applied and was approved within 5 days for the Pep Boys card, as I remember reading that once you are approved for one WEX card, it opens the door for others. i have not yet applied for Jiffy Lube.

I did do the online application and it asked basic business information as to amount of employees and vehicle description.

Surprisingly, no PG for the BP Fuel Advantage MasterCard, either. I will definitely be sure to give updates on it.

Strategic Network Solutions is already reporting for me along with my uline account that I had never used. I am sure that is what helped give my business a boost in addition to length of time it has been established because I never knew much about this side.

ITC is Inter-Tech Communications. They offer web design and hosting as well as computers.

Thanks for the info!

I will try for the BP Advantage , and Pep Boys today.

Will keep you updated.

Have you heard back from bp or pep boys?

Just recei

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

ITC- $5000

MSC DIRECT- $500

I have been doing a bit of digging on what cards are the best to go after for fleet.

The Wex Fleet Flex card is the best one. No fees and is accepted at every gas station and car service center out there.

Took 7 days to hear back from them but we got approved for a $7500 line. $7500 line is the biggest line I've gotten with any creditor! Now I will hit all of the Wex Bank individual gas card companies and get lines with 15 additional partnering companies Wex underwrites for!

Called in to Wex Inc today and spoke to customer service to verify ALL was legit. Paid $14 for the 2 day shipping of the cards and will update once received. Could of went with 10 day free shipping but ain't no one got time for that!

We also got $1000 line at MSC Direct yesterday.

Put some points on the board this week.

I have been doing a bit of digging on what cards are the best to go after for fleet.

The Wex Fleet Flex card is the best one. No fees and is accepted at every gas station and car service center out there.

Took 7 days to hear back from them but we got approved for a $7500 line. $7500 line is the biggest line I've gotten with any creditor! Now I will hit all of the Wex Bank individual gas card companies and get lines with 15 additional partnering companies Wex underwrites for!

Called in to Wex Inc today and spoke to customer service to verify ALL was legit. Paid $14 for the 2 day shipping of the cards and will update once received. Could of went with 10 day free shipping but ain't no one got time for that!

We also got $1000 line at MSC Direct yesterday.

Put some points on the board this week.

Wex is known for closing accounts right after approving them.

They aren't accepted at every station or service center, a lot but not all. Using the cards at service centers is a gamble if they will work or not.

Edited by BRBiz

Thanks for the input.

I wanted to lock in a balance with the account right away so that's why I ordered the cards with the 2 day $14 shipping.

There isn't a gas station in my area that I can't get gas with using the Wex Flex. I downloaded the Wex Flex App called WexConnect and I swear about 15 major gas stations were listed. The car service centers...Sears,Jiffy Lube,Firestone,Pep Boys, etc are all listed on there.

I didn't ask them to waive the fees, why would they? I just got a $7500 line...why would I even ask?

If you're talking about the transaction fees, yes on the Flex Card they waived the fees for me. It's not bad in my opinion. I'm still going to contact the individual gas stations for credit lines...as my main goal is acquiring tradelines.

Edited by DoctorREDD

When it comes to the merchants/service centers all the sales associate has to do is call into Wex Bank for an authorization code if their general merchant card reader doesn't naturally accept it. I called my local PepBoys and they are familiar with the process.

They will limit the amount of credit/cards they will give and if you go nuts and apply for too many they will close your account, thats if your current account stays open.

I noticed you all about trying to get numerous trades from single vendors.. it's not about the numbers, it's about the usage. I only have about 18-22 on each CRA and that's more then enough to get what you need done. You want to use the accounts as much as possible.

Also having multiple accounts with one creditor can wash out your high dollar amounts with D&B, they don't report each account separately.

Edited by BRBiz

Thanks for your input.

Let's hope my account doesn't randomly get closed.

I mainly want to get good with the lending banks, and having open accounts with the banks in which I want credit with Ive heard to be a good look.

I heard getting good with Wex Bank is a big plus. So yea, I'm going to open at least one more account with them.

My next target is Synchrony Bank, as New Egg has declined us once about 3 months back.

Any other Net 30s you think I should go for?

Just got my $ 7500 Wex Card in the mail via UPS on Columbus Day ;)

WexInc.com

They aren't lender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEX_Inc.

Let me go ahead and say I appreciate your input, but I feel as if your moods gotten a bit negative.

If you can't understand having a $7500 is a good look with Wex Bank, then I don't know what else to tell you.

I'm here sharing my business credit building experience and looking to learn from other people here.

I have used my Wex Fleet card last night for $15 at a Wawa.

Worked just fine, all I had to enter was my 4 digit driver ID...no annoying odometer entry needed.

I will try the Wex Fleet card at Pep Boys later and report back.

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

ITC- $5000

UPDATE FOR BP FUEL ADVANTAGE MC- CREDIT LIMIT IS $900 AND ONLY ALLOWABLE USAGE IS FUEL AND MAINTENANCE. NO ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE, LODGING, OR INCIDENTALS ACCEPTED PRESENTLY

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

ITC- $5000

Thanks for the update!

My pleasure

Hows that BP card been working for you?

Went and passed on the Pep Boys app the same day I found out about Wex.

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

ITC- $5000

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

ITC- $5000

Thanks for the update!

My pleasure

Hows that BP card been working for you?

Went and passed on the Pep Boys app the same day I found out about Wex.

I am so sorry I haven't updated but the BP MC is awesome. It, like the WEX cards, are solely fuel and maintenance right now but I did speak with a supervisor who stated under certain circumstances, they can authorize other expenditures but towing is not one. This is where the WEX Pep Boys card comes into play for me. One of my cars decided to stop on a driver, I called the Pep Boys card and the lovely rep told me to sign up for pep boys rewards (a regular degular card for discounts), which I did whilst on the phone with her and I was able to get the card to a pep boys location for $25 (they say online $25 w/in a 10 mile radius, she said I could do it w/in 100 miles) and all fees are charged at the pep boys location, no out of pocket expense whatsoever. I was thoroughly pleased. It did take two hours to get towed but both WEX PB and the PB towing company called to check on the status and driver like clockwork, which I loved. I must say that I initially thought the BP MC would be my fave but WEX is top of the charts and payments are a breeze. I will have to play around more with the BP MC, of course, but so far, I have only used it once for $10 fill up. I prefer both the WEX Universal and WEX PB right now. To further sing WEX praises, I was also able to purchase parts and a tire at Big O Tires at a major discount solely for fleet card holders. I am in savings Heaven lol

Edited to note that I love the ease of use with BP MC as well as accepting locations with the possibility of using it for my stranded drivers if I cannot immediately get to them. Outside charges will be due immediately, whereas other charges are 14 days.

Edited by mzdulcecaramella

Greetings,

(2yr IT startup)

Recently began applying for business credit (45) days ago. Advice greatly appreciated.

Stats:

Quill- Unknown

FuelMan -1200

MasterPro- 800

Uline- Unknown

Gemblers- Declined

Amazon- Declined

New Egg- Declined

Amsterdam Printing - 1500

MSC Direct -1000

Following up with underwriters in regards to all declined accounts.

DoctorREDD,

I just apped for Amazon and was approved. I received an alert from Nav.com and DandB.com about my business score improving and decided to take the chance. I got the usual 7-10 days response for the revolving account but this is for the Net 55:

Congratulations! You've been approved for an Amazon.com Corporate Account Pay-in-Full Credit Line. Your Credit Limit: $ 2000.00

We have automatically added your credit line as a payment method in your Amazon.com account, listed as the 'Amazon.com Corporate Account Pay-in-Full Credit Line'. Here's how:

1. Return to Amazon.com and add items to your shopping cart.
  2. Select the radio button that appears next to the Amazon.com Corporate Account Pay-in-Full Credit Line in the payment section.

You will receive your Amazon.com Corporate Account Pay-in-Full Credit Line Welcome Letter in 7 to 10 days.

Please do not click the Back button in your browser to prevent your application from being submitted again.

I am quite excited but now I am wondering if I should try for Best Buy and New Egg or wait a spell. I am also still waiting for my bank to allow Wayfair access to my account for their credit verification. Nonetheless, I am one pleased lady right now!

Just got my $ 7500 Wex Card in the mail via UPS on Columbus Day ;)

WexInc.com

They aren't lender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEX_Inc.

Let me go ahead and say I appreciate your input, but I feel as if your moods gotten a bit negative.

If you can't understand having a $7500 is a good look with Wex Bank, then I don't know what else to tell you.

I'm here sharing my business credit building experience and looking to learn from other people here.

I have used my Wex Fleet card last night for $15 at a Wawa.

Worked just fine, all I had to enter was my 4 digit driver ID...no annoying odometer entry needed.

I will try the Wex Fleet card at Pep Boys later and report back.

I'm trying to understand your thinking that Wex in some way will help you get loans..

Wex Bank is a subsidiary of Wex Inc but having a Wex fleet account in no way helps get any sort of Wex Bank loan if that is even a option for most considering they have one location.

If you know something we don't please share!