Sign in to follow this  
DoctorREDD

STARTUP BUILDING CREDIT WITH NO PG

Greetings,

(2yr IT startup)

Recently began applying for business credit (45) days ago. Advice greatly appreciated.

Stats:

Quill- Unknown

FuelMan -1200

MasterPro- 800

Uline- Unknown

Gemblers- Declined

Amazon- Declined

New Egg- Declined

Amsterdam Printing - 1500

MSC Direct -1000

Following up with underwriters in regards to all declined accounts.

you have accounts, are you actually using them? Do you have files on Dunn and Bradstreet, experian or equifax? You'll be pretty much stuck, until you get some trades reporting and files established, assuming you don't have these yet.

I would get a supplyworks account, they report monthly to experian, and approve everyone for 1k(pick up the phone, and tell them you'd like an account, with a 1k starting limit. no application at all)

you have accounts, are you actually using them? Do you have files on Dunn and Bradstreet, experian or equifax? You'll be pretty much stuck, until you get some trades reporting and files established, assuming you don't have these yet.

I would get a supplyworks account, they report monthly to experian, and approve everyone for 1k(pick up the phone, and tell them you'd like an account, with a 1k starting limit. no application at all)

I'm active on all the accts listed, thanks for the SupplyWorks tip! As for the CRA's, I have a question about the billing packages I should select from each company, I just Purchased the D&B Creditbuilder prior to joining the site and immediately recognized D&B products are worthless, I do not wish to make another similar mistake with equifax or experian. What is a decent monthly expense or annual expense budget for subscribing to all of the above CRA's?

sign up for an update account with dnb, it allows you to see your account, without payday(which is useless anyway). experian and equifax both have annual packages to purchase for about $100 bucks a piece. look through, and I know there is a discount website for experian I think, for 75 buck instead of 100. You can always do a search for your company on both experian and equifax, to see if tradelines are reporting, until they report, there is really no need to pay for monitoring. IMO

Equifax is about $200 per year or $20 per month, Experian is over $100 but I put the discount code in thread.

Equifax is about $200 per year or $20 per month, Experian is over $100 but I put the discount code in thread.

SupplyWorks- Approved 1k

Equifax and Experian have been purchased.

Still no paydex listed for D & B, Experian Business Rating currently listed as a "B"

Establishing accounts with Grainger, Best Buy, and Jiffy Lube over the Weekend.

SupplyWorks- Approved 1k

Still no paydex listed for D & B, Experian Business Rating currently listed as a "B"

Don't pay any attention to the ratings, scores, paydex etc. on any of the reports. Just pay your bills on time and follow the threads here.

SupplyWorks- Approved 1k

Don't pay any attention to the ratings, scores, paydex etc. on any of the reports. Just pay your bills on time and follow the threads here.

BRBiz,

Thanks for the support, extremely excited to have you advise me through this process. I do have a question about honesty when applying as a startup for vendor accounts. Should I be honest about how many employees I have, and annual revenue my startup projects to make? What are some of your responses as you build credit with a brand new entity?

SupplyWorks- Approved 1k

BRBiz,

Thanks for the support, extremely excited to have you advise me through this process. I do have a question about honesty when applying as a startup for vendor accounts. Should I be honest about how many employees I have, and annual revenue my startup projects to make? What are some of your responses as you build credit with a brand new entity?

Be honest

Doctor,

Greetings! Even though you are a "start-up" there are many companies that are willing to extend you credit! Always be honest with DNB! They have a knack for sifting through embellished information. Trust me i know, i worked there for years! There is a ton of great information on this site. once you have legitimate trades reporting, you are well on your way! Keep paying your bills on time and more doors will continue to open. Many creditors want to see how you pay over time.

Cheers,

Chris

Doctor,

Greetings! Even though you are a "start-up" there are many companies that are willing to extend you credit! Always be honest with DNB! They have a knack for sifting through embellished information. Trust me i know, i worked there for years! There is a ton of great information on this site. once you have legitimate trades reporting, you are well on your way! Keep paying your bills on time and more doors will continue to open. Many creditors want to see how you pay over time.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,

Thanks, I imagined the CRA's may have an embellishment factor. Applied to Staples over the weekend and received a pending confirmation, the manger inquired about several FPL bills, which I fax over immediately. Fingers crossed. Any Airlines providing credit without a PG?

Greetings,

(2yr IT startup)

Recently began applying for business credit (45) days ago. Advice greatly appreciated.

Stats:

Quill- Unknown

FuelMan -1200

MasterPro- 800

Uline- Unknown

Gemblers- Declined

Amazon- Declined

New Egg- Declined

MSC Direct -1000

What is MasterPro?

Greetings,

(2yr IT startup)

Stats:

Quill- Unknown

FuelMan -1200

MasterPro- 800

Uline- Unknown

Gemblers- Declined

Amazon- Declined

New Egg- Declined

MSC Direct -1000

What is MasterPro?

Sorry about that. Builder Pro.

Recently Ive acquired Global Industrial $5000, and supply works SupplyWorks $1000.

No PG on both.

What are some other Net30 Vendor Accounts I should apply for.

Thanks.

That Global line is nice. Congrats.

I thought you meant builder Pro... did you app that after Fuelman? Were those without anything reporting yet? My Fuelman Advatage was an approval with blank reports actually and have been wondering whether to give Builder Pro a shot..

That Global line is nice. Congrats.

I thought you meant builder Pro... did you app that after Fuelman? Were those without anything reporting yet? My Fuelman Advatage was an approval with blank reports actually and have been wondering whether to give Builder Pro a shot..

Yup Builderpro is what I meant.

Yes we did it after Fuelman.

Those accounts ( Fuelman ) and ( Builderpro ) are both reporting.

Greetings,

(2yr IT startup)

Stats:

Quill- Unknown

FuelMan -1200

BuilderrPro- 800

Uline- Unknown

Gemblers- Declined

Amazon- Declined

New Egg- Declined

MSC Direct -1000

UPDATE to this list:

Quill- $1000

FuelMan -$1200

BuilderrPro- $800

Uline- $1000

Gemblers- Declined

Amazon- Declined

New Egg- Declined

Amsterdam Printing - $1500

MSC Direct - $1000

*new* - Grainger $2500
*new* - WayFair Business $1500
*new* - SupplyWorks $1000

We have acquired 3 extra trade lines over the past few days.

WayFair Bussines $1500 - Approved Net 30 Terms - Have not ordered yet.

Grainger $2500 - Approved Net 30 Terms - Ordered $200 worth of products.

SupplyWorks $1000 - Approved Net 30 Terms - Ordered $200 worth of products.

Have also paid the $149 for 12 months of Experian Reports Access.

Found out that Experian just started reporting last month even though we've been in business almost 2 years.

Experian Business information they had on file was partially incorrect, so corrections were made and submitted.

What other Net30 accounts should I go after?

We tried for Wawa Fleet Card - but they wanted a PG, so we passed on that.

Edited by DoctorREDD

Greetings,

(2yr IT startup)

Stats:

Quill- Unknown

FuelMan -1200

BuilderrPro- 800

Uline- Unknown

Gemblers- Declined

Amazon- Declined

New Egg- Declined

MSC Direct -1000

UPDATE to this list:

Quill- $1000

FuelMan -$1200

BuilderrPro- $800

Uline- $1000

Gemblers- Declined

Amazon- Declined

New Egg- Declined

Amsterdam Printing - $1500

MSC Direct - $1000

*new* - Grainger $2500

*new* - WayFair Business $1500

*new* - SupplyWorks $1000

We have acquired 3 extra trade lines over the past few days.

WayFair Bussines $1500 - Approved Net 30 Terms - Have not ordered yet.

Grainger $2500 - Approved Net 30 Terms - Ordered $200 worth of products.

SupplyWorks $1000 - Approved Net 30 Terms - Ordered $200 worth of products.

Have also paid the $149 for 12 months of Experian Reports Access.

Found out that Experian just started reporting last month even though we've been in business almost 2 years.

Experian Business information they had on file was partially incorrect, so corrections were made and submitted.

What other Net30 accounts should I go after?

We tried for Wawa Fleet Card - but they wanted a PG, so we passed on that.

Seton reports quickly.

I have just begun actively building business credit after five years of utilizing my own funds thanks to accidentally coming across this section of the forums and in the past 30 days, I have been approved for:

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

BP Fuel Advantage w/mastercard logo - awaiting credit limit information but approved and account has been set up

Strategic Network Solutions- $1000

ITC- $5000

I was denied all Office & Home Depot, Amazon & New Egg

It has been recommended that I open business cell phones with t-mobile but I have browsed many forum posts on the business side and have not seen one mention of that here. Would anyone advise the same or is that totally separate from actually building business credit and more for showing legitimacy?

I have just begun actively building business credit after five years of utilizing my own funds thanks to accidentally coming across this section of the forums and in the past 30 days, I have been approved for:

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

BP Fuel Advantage w/mastercard logo - awaiting credit limit information but approved and account has been set up

ITC- $5000

Looks like you are off to a great start!

How long did Pep Boys take to give you an approval answer?

Did you go into the store, or do the app online for Pep Boys?

BP Fuel Advantage sounds like a nice one! Keep us updated on that one!

Strategic Network Solutions is another great grab.

ITC? Whats that?

It has been recommended that I open business cell phones with t-mobile but I have browsed many forum posts on the business side and have not seen one mention of that here. Would anyone advise the same or is that totally separate from actually building business credit and more for showing legitimacy?

Getting business lines might be a good look too. Never heard of it being recommended anywhere.

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

ITC- $5000

ITC? Whats that?

Thank you so much!

I applied and was approved within 5 days for the Pep Boys card, as I remember reading that once you are approved for one WEX card, it opens the door for others. i have not yet applied for Jiffy Lube.

I did do the online application and it asked basic business information as to amount of employees and vehicle description.

Surprisingly, no PG for the BP Fuel Advantage MasterCard, either. I will definitely be sure to give updates on it.

Strategic Network Solutions is already reporting for me along with my uline account that I had never used. I am sure that is what helped give my business a boost in addition to length of time it has been established because I never knew much about this side.

ITC is Inter-Tech Communications. They offer web design and hosting as well as computers.

Getting business lines might be a good look too. Never heard of it being recommended anywhere.

I have not seen it mentioned here but I am in a few facebook business groups and some mention the importance of business cell phones there. I just don't see how being able to say I can get 50 cell phones on a business line helps my business credit as it isn't reportable. I have RingCentral set up so calls automatically show my business name when placed and callers hear my business's name upon calling me. I also use HelloFax when I am on the move, as we travel quite a bit and I can just scan and upload quickly to fax with my business name being automatically applied.

Quill- $1000

Uline- $2500

Wex- $800

Pep Boys- $800

ITC- $5000

ITC? Whats that?

Thank you so much!

I applied and was approved within 5 days for the Pep Boys card, as I remember reading that once you are approved for one WEX card, it opens the door for others. i have not yet applied for Jiffy Lube.

I did do the online application and it asked basic business information as to amount of employees and vehicle description.

Surprisingly, no PG for the BP Fuel Advantage MasterCard, either. I will definitely be sure to give updates on it.

Strategic Network Solutions is already reporting for me along with my uline account that I had never used. I am sure that is what helped give my business a boost in addition to length of time it has been established because I never knew much about this side.

ITC is Inter-Tech Communications. They offer web design and hosting as well as computers.

Thanks for the info!

I will try for the BP Advantage , and Pep Boys today.

Will keep you updated.