Sign in to follow this  
tmcgill

Any Recent Chexsystems Successes?

Gotcha. ukrfcu.com - interesting - the rufcu refers to itself as Ukranian and also uses the term "self reliance."

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted on any service or operational changes.

I tried Washington Savings Bank back when I was on Chex, and I found it works much better when you have direct deposit setup. Without it, they had restrictions on my debit card usage.

I was able to get SunTrust cleared by offering to pay the $70 they said I owed them. When the refused, I contacted Chexsystems and informed them the debt wasn't valid if they refused payment. Which they did. Now it's clean.

As FYI,

NASA closed my account earlier this year due to lack of use, I had forgotten I had the account.

I contacted them yesterday and they reopened my Savings and I'm in the process of opening a Checking.

I'm on Chex & EWS, not sure what EWS states as I'm still waiting for my report.

Success!!

They reopened my Savings and Checking accounts, I made a deposit as well at a Shared Branch that instantly went into the Savings account.

Not sure if me having had a relationship with them enabled me to get the accounts reopened or if they don't use Chex or EWS.

Could be YMMV but you never know, it could be worth a shot.

Wow, that's great. :yes2:

I love the Shared Branch banking. Let us know if there are any service or operational changes.

They use Chexsystem. I have recently applied for a Checking product. My Chexsystem is on ice so they sent me an internal message asking to remove freeze allowing them to see the kind of crap I have been doing with banks.

Since I could not freeze EWS, I asked them to use that instead. They said nah...Chexsystem only. I also think Chexsystem is more comprehensive than EWS.

Edited by Fred030

They use Chexsystem. I have recently applied for a Checking product. My Chexsystem is on ice so they sent me an internal message asking to remove freeze allowing them to see the kind of crap I have been doing with banks.

Since I could not freeze EWS, I asked them to use that instead. They said nah...Chexsystem only. I also think Chexsystem is more comprehensive than EWS.

Sorry that happened to you, which does make me lean towards they only reopened my accounts because I was a previous member.

I'll pull my reports to see if they SP'd me.

Sorry that happened to you, which does make me lean towards they only reopened my accounts because I was a previous member.

I'll pull my reports to see if they SP'd me.

It could be that the last entry on your Chexsystem has passed 24 months mark at which point they feel okay to share the cup with you.