Sign in to follow this  
rrdz473

Credit repair company was usesless

Just a quick note here. I know not all credit repair companies are the same but the one I went to was a waste of time and money. It was a local company and in one year it kept my score in the 540s. All I kept hearing was that it takes time and to be patient from the company, while paying them $100 a month. I just quit on them after exactly one year with exactly 0 progress about a year ago. The worst part is that I don't know how stuff was disputed by them so I don't know where to start. I guess I'll just start from scratch and try to fix it a bit for christmas for a better vehicle for my wife before the one she drives breaks down for good. So to anyone considering a credit repair company, consider this site first.

Get your MOney Back

CRO's Cannot charge until they deliver what was promised.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/askcfpb/1343/how-can-i-recognize-credit-repair-scam.html

• The company wants you to pay before it provides any services. Under federal law, credit repair companies can’t require you to pay until they’ve completed the services they’ve promised.

File a complaint with the CPFB

https://help.consumerfinance.gov/app/creditreporting/ask

Get your MOney Back

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/askcfpb/1343/how-can-i-recognize-credit-repair-scam.html

• The company wants you to pay before it provides any services. Under federal law, credit repair companies can’t require you to pay until they’ve completed the services they’ve promised.

Wow. I didnt know that. Thanks for the tips. Ill look into it but when i went back to see what they had done on my report they said they had shredded all my files and i paid cash. I need to investigate this issue.

Edited by rrdz473

Get your MOney Back

Wow. I didnt know that. Thanks for the tips. Ill look into it but when i went back to see what they had done on my report they said they had shredded all my files and i paid cash. I need to investigate this issue.

Probably didn't have any files in the first place. Smells like scam and should be turned in to CFPB

So today i went to get a secured credit card with a $500 limit at wells fargo as the first step towards rebuilding my credit. Any suggestions on how much to charge on it and whether or not to pay the balance off every month or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Keep utilization under 9 percent, or in your case $45.

Utilization is across all accounts, pay in full by the grace period to avoid any interest. Otherwise you are paying money for your money. Call Wells Fargo Credit Card Servicing and they should tell you the grace period.

If you pay your balance before the balance status is sent to the credit bureaus (you will need to call to find out when, it varies by lender), then utilization is not a big deal.

I would go talk to an attorney. I bet dollars to doughnuts they didn't do a thing, and I bet there's a bunch of other people just like you.

So today i went to get a secured credit card with a $500 limit at wells fargo as the first step towards rebuilding my credit. Any suggestions on how much to charge on it and whether or not to pay the balance off every month or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Pay your balance off every month, preferably before the statement closes. If you have less than three cards, you should have 0% utilization.

Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I will pay my balance off every month and only charge up to 9%. I did consider a lawyer but theres no proof that i went there. I shouldve kept the receipts.

I would go talk to an attorney. I bet dollars to doughnuts they didn't do a thing, and I bet there's a bunch of other people just like you.

I used a credit repair company for almost a year. They did send dispute letters and online disputes on my behalf. I got 2 frivolous dispute letters. I saw what they are sending, and it's crap: "I never had an account with a $332.32 balance, please delete" in Comic Sans. Actually the outsourced all the work to disputesuite.com. Nothing negative was removed from my credit reports, in fact they got most of old collections accounts updated with more recent charge off statuses and they disputed an account that I told them not to because there's a pending lawsuit over it (it's about to be dismissed for lack of activity -- my lawyer filed a response 2 years ago and ball's been in their court ever since)

Since firing them I've managed to get my Experian report clean and the rest of the stuff falls off Equifax and Transuinion in a few months so I'm not too worried about that.

Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I will pay my balance off every month and only charge up to 9%. I did consider a lawyer but theres no proof that i went there. I shouldve kept the receipts.

You can charge a lot higher than 9% as long as you pay it off before the statement cuts.

you should still file a complaint with your State AG, the CFPB or the FTC -- if they get enough complaints, they will audit and investigate

if this Co is requiring Cash payments and then claiming that they have destroyed records, it's a scam that the FTC or your state AG will investigate.

As mentioned before, what OP used sounds a lot like a scam and ICANHASMUNY? has some excellent ideas on recourse.

OP, let us know!

Sent from my brain using my fingers

thanks guys. Ill probably report them and move on. Im more interested in fixing my credit right now. Ive brought my score up to 619 so that's a good start. Just wanna be able to get a car loan at a decent rate. Now i need to start disputing some stuff.

OP, you should probably consider joining NFCU. THey are the best friend that you can have when rebuilding

I'm sorry but what is NFCU. Is that the Navy Federal Credit Union? If so do i have do be part of the Navy or can anyone join?