Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

CSR Application Random musings

The last post in this topic was posted 1272 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

WTF people!!?? I thought a thread where people post their particulars and initial outcome for a Reserve app would be helpful. Instead you fill it with politics and SOP derailment activity by a poster who does not even apply for credit cards unless the company's name starts with a D.

Hege - Seem mendel's and my exchange above. Pick a new acronym and start a new thread. I will keep it cleaned up and limit it to approvals.

I really don't see the point.

Maybe wait to start the new thread until the card goes live. Otherwise a new thread will likely go the same direction as this one.

Maybe wait to start the new thread until the card goes live. Otherwise a new thread will likely go the same direction as this one.

nah. everyone who applies should just start their own thread and post random information about their particulars and the application outcome.

I think it would be useful if you started a new thread. This is going to be one of the historic CB threads IMO. We haven't seen a card and bonus like this for a while.

I think it would be useful if you started a new thread. This is going to be one of the historic CB threads IMO. We haven't seen a card and bonus like this for a while.

Yup. A lot of nonsense of this thread.

Hege, Just make it: "The Master Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (C$R) Thread"

The (C$R) in the title was a joke :lol:

Let's keep this all to one thread :good:

Edited by Captivated

Since Hege didn't want to, I went ahead and did so. Any posts in that thread not directly related to apps will be moved/deleted. I don't want the good info being cluttered up with the 6 pages of nonsense that has occurred in this thread.

Link to the application results thread:

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=574566

Edited by CTSoxFan

Since Hege didn't want to, I went ahead and did so. Any posts in that thread not directly related to apps will be moved/deleted. I don't want the good info being cluttered up with the 6 pages of nonsense that has occurred in this thread.

+1. Sorry for making your job harder ;)

​Well, as long as this thread is nonsense...

​I'm trying to do the math: I've already got AmEx Platinum... is this one worth it to me.

​100k points... yea, that's worth $$$
​$300 annual travel fees - I'm not trusting that it's really automatic and for any/every travel fee. But if it is that'd be great.
​Lounge access? No - I've got better access with AmEx

Primary rental auto insurance? Reserve beats AmEx.. but I'm already paying $95 for CSP, so already have it (and between the $450 annual for this or $95 for CSP, I'd keep only the CSP)

​What other benefits might I be missing?

​Because if that's all there is, this might be a one (year) and done app for me.

​Well, as long as this thread is nonsense...

​I'm trying to do the math: I've already got AmEx Platinum... is this one worth it to me.

​100k points... yea, that's worth $$$

​$300 annual travel fees - I'm not trusting that it's really automatic and for any/every travel fee. But if it is that'd be great.

​Lounge access? No - I've got better access with AmEx

Primary rental auto insurance? Reserve beats AmEx.. but I'm already paying $95 for CSP, so already have it (and between the $450 annual for this or $95 for CSP, I'd keep only the CSP)

​What other benefits might I be missing?

​Because if that's all there is, this might be a one (year) and done app for me.

The travel fees are that good and automatic, at least for the time being. Assuming you spend $300 on travel per year, the break even point vs the CSP can be calculated with the spreadsheet in the post below:

I posted something about this in the Advanced forum, but I figured there are more people interested in a discussion like this that might not see it.

Details on the Sapphire Reserve from DoC

Chase is going to be rolling out the Sapphire Reserve card later this month, and it is going to have a $450 AF. It will also have a $300 statement credit for travel, which looks like it may be for ANY travel purchases charged to the card. Assuming the $300 statement credit is that easy to earn, the effective AF if only $150 vs $95 for the CSP.

There are other benefits to the card such as lounge access and a Global Entry credit, but I am not going to take those into consideration for this comparison since the Global Entry credit is not every year AFAIK.

The two main differences between the Sapphire Reserve and Sapphire Preferred are that the bonus categories are 3x instead of 2x on the CSP and you can use UR points at 1.5 cents each for travel credits instead of 1.25 with the CSP.

So how much 3x spending would you need to put on the Sapphire Reserve to come out ahead vs. the Sapphire Preferred? That is the reason for this thread. The amount of spending required to offset the $55 difference after the travel credit varies by your average points redemption value. It's a little trickier to figure this out since we aren't dealing with a cash back card, but it can be done based on your award redemption history and/or plans.

sapphire%20reserve_zpsxycvymt4.jpg

To calculate redemption value: (Total Market Cost - Taxes and Surcharges) / Points Used = Point Value

The spreadsheet above used this formula: $55 / Average Redemption Value = 3x spending necessary

As you can see, assuming the $300 travel credit is as easy to use as it appears, the amount of spending required to make up the $55 difference between the Reserve and Preferred really isn't that much.

I'm sure the C$R will have its own dedicated phone line like the CSP.

I haven't read about that or if this car will be metal as well.

Hoping for both.

Hoping for both.

Reports are that the ©$® will be metal bonded like the CSP, but not solid metal.

I'd rather have plastic with contactless support, but that's just me.

Edited by RussInGotham

Hoping for both.

Reports are that the C$R will be metal bonded like the CSP, but not solid metal.

I'd rather have plastic with contactless support, but that's just me.

I love all metal cards though.

At least a portion will be medal.

Thanks for the info :good:

Mendel was told the 20th. We've read the 21st. Some over on MFF say the 22nd.

So we have a window but don't really know for sure.

As a former Chase employee that worked product releases, my guess is Sunday as that is normally System release day (and new products) as it gives them almost 2 full days to fix bugs before the systems batch on Monday night.

C$ is a standard sign for Canadian Dollar.

CS is credit/M$/MS is something totally different.

When you file a dispute with the card, the letter in the mail will come back drenched in maple syrup.

<p>

• CRA: Single EX HP for both.
  • FICO: EX08: 755, wife's EX08: 684
  • Utilization: Between 3-4%
  • Over 5/24: OMFG Yes, for both.
  • Chase Banking Relationship: Yes, Personal (both) and Biz Checking (me)
  • CPC: No, but work with banker in branch often. Has intervened on Freedom Unlimited app.
  • App immediate outcome: "Need more time", 2wk on status line. Approved within a day ($10,000 @ 16.24%) showing on login and then "Re-reviewed", Approved again with new account number showing on login. Wife's instantly approved for $10,000 @ 20.24%.

I was just thinking that my wife can PC her C$R into a Freedom Unlimited after a year and have a high limit card. She already has $43.5K in limits with Chase over 2 cards. If I am an AU on this card, it will allow me to move my entire CSP limit to the C$R (assuming I'm approved) instead of doing a PC to a Freedom Unlimited.

You're the nonsense

You're the nonsense

You two gonna get a room or what?

Pulled a 3B for the hell of it, haven't looked at my other scores in over a year except the free ones I get. Ready to app, come on Chase open up the flood gates!

2016-08-20%202_zps1hayhtok.png

As a reference here is FICO 09 Bankcard.

2016-08-20%203_zpsv3yd19jh.png

Edited by C316

The last post in this topic was posted 1272 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.