CSR Application Random musings

hegemony

The last post in this topic was posted 2015 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

AFAIK the opening date of a D* card doesn't affect 5/24 (assuming of course it wasn't D*'d to within the last two years). And if you're looking at opening dates, December 21st might mean the January update for that last card to be outside of 24 months. Something to consider.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK the opening date of a D* card doesn't affect 5/24 (assuming of course it wasn't D*'d to within the last two years). And if you're looking at opening dates, December 21st might mean the January update for that last card to be outside of 24 months. Something to consider.

These are true D* cards. Slipped in under the wire.

January... good point. Didn't think of that.

So then to be safe I should apply at the end of January because one of those cards closes on the 18th and one on the 23rd.

Eh... what a PITA this is.

The thing that sucks is that this card works for me with or without the bonus, but I want it if I can get it.

Edited by Tileguy61

So then to be safe I should apply at the end of January because one of those cards closes on the 18th and one on the 23rd.

The thing that sucks is that this card works for me with or without the bonus, but I want it if I can get it.

I hear ya. I'm hoping this approval goes through before I ship out to Europe in a couple weeks...if not I may opt to PC the Freedom and use that until I can fulfill whatever they want for an approval for the (hopefully the same) SUB.

I hear ya. I'm hoping this approval goes through before I ship out to Europe in a couple weeks...if not I may opt to PC the Freedom and use that until I can fulfill whatever they want for an approval for the (hopefully the same) SUB.

Ship out... are you in the Navy or Marines? Just curious...

Ship out... are you in the Navy or Marines? Just curious...

Coasties. :rofl:

The travel credits are posting the same day that charges post.

Yes! They are!

There might be a good way to hit and run these for those who didn't get the bonus. Upgrade, get the travel credit, downgrade a statement later and get AF refunded.

Lol!

Another business day winding down...another day on the 'approximately two weeks list'. They're killing me here.

You 'n me both. Got a call from Chase... no voicemail left. Have no idea if the call was related to existing cards or my Reserve app... which is 1 week into CSR's "You'll get an answer in about a week," and phone application status "We've received your application. You will receive a written response within 30 days of when we receive your application."

Update

Got my card today. Shipping notification from UPS arrived in my email and a text message around 10pm last night. Arrived earlier than UPS usually does via Next Day Air Saver.

Have a little over 4.5k pending and will be around 6k by the weekend. Was able to hold off on some spending, so I'm knocking off some of the larger non-bonusing purchases.

First due date is late October, so I don't think I'll see the 100k until after then or at least the cut date.

Update

Got my card today. Shipping notification from UPS arrived in my email and a text message around 10pm last night. Arrived earlier than UPS usually does via Next Day Air Saver.

Have a little over 4.5k pending and will be around 6k by the weekend. Was able to hold off on some spending, so I'm knocking off some of the larger non-bonusing purchases.

First due date is late October, so I don't think I'll see the 100k until after then or at least the cut date.

Chase always posts the bonus at the next statement, so you should see it then.

Well, I did not ever think that I would be saying this: although I have 26 new credit cards over the last 24 months, and despite receiving a 7 to 10 day notice I have been approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve! 1 Equifax pull, $21,000 credit line

CPC, pre qualifier, banker?

Detailed it earlier in the thread: in bank prequalification. Has been stuck at will receive notice of 30 days about a week and 1/2, just changed to 7 to 10 day notice two days ago , got a phone call from Chase without a message. Turned out they just wanted verification

Well, I did not ever think that I would be saying this: although I have 26 new credit cards over the last 24 months, and despite receiving a 7 to 10 day notice I have been approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve! 1 Equifax pull, $21,000 credit line

Nice... where does that put you for total lines with Chase?

4:

- CSP

- CSR

- Marriott

- Amazon

What was interesting was the personal banker told me that the prequalification was good for any card that I wanted, including freedom or freedom preferred. Not sure he knew what he was talking about as I've never seen any indication those cards even with the preapproval are exempt from 5/24. But it did make me inquire whether or not I was preapproved for more than one card. He claimed that Chase approvals are now only one card for every 30 days, so I may drop back in, in another month.

Debating what I do with my CSP and CSR as, as I also detailed earlier in the thread, I have an American Express platinum With many, but not all, of the benefits of CSR

It's my theory that's why I was targeted with this preapproval even despite 26/24: they are directly competing with platinum, this trying to woo platinum card users over to them... Even, as in my case, when they are clearly CLEARLY over 5/24

But as for me, platinum's structure is enough to hold onto that card.

So the question will be will I dump CSP and just hold onto the reserve or will I dump the reserve after one year and just hold onto CSP. Other peoples opinions would be useful to hear if others have them.

4:

- CSP

- CSR

- Marriott

- Amazon

What was interesting was the personal banker told me that the prequalification was good for any card that I wanted, including freedom or freedom preferred. Not sure he knew what he was talking about as I've never seen any indication those cards even with the preapproval are exempt from 5/24. But it did make me inquire whether or not I was preapproved for more than one card. He claimed that Chase approvals are now only one card for every 30 days, so I may drop back in, in another month.

Debating what I do with my CSP and CSR as, as I also detailed earlier in the thread, I have an American Express platinum With many, but not all, of the benefits of CSR

It's my theory that's why I was targeted with this preapproval even despite 26/24: they are directly competing with platinum, this trying to woo platinum card users over to them... Even, as in my case, when they are clearly CLEARLY over 5/24

So the question will be will I dump CSP and just hold onto the reserve or will I dump the reserve after one year and just hold onto CSP. Other peoples opinions would be useful to hear if others have them.

Dump the CSP or DG it for the year and go back to it after you get rid of C$R.

The Platinum may make sense for some. For me it no longer made sense with them no longer honoring prorate as of today. I DG'd to a PRG, got Y01 AF waived and still got my fee waiver for the remainder of the year.

4:

- CSP

- CSR

- Marriott

- Amazon

I am not a Platinum holder. I can barely make the PRG work for me and that is iffy. I keep it for the flexibility though. It's worth a couple bucks to have it.

The last post in this topic was posted 2015 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.