Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

CSR Application Random musings

The last post in this topic was posted 1272 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Just read Reddit and FT and you'll get your answer fairly quickly upon release of the application.

This^

It seems there are a lot of reports of pending applications that are being approved today that are way over 5/24. Of course that is no guarantee but it is promising. Were they actually human reviewed or wnet through the system? Either way, so far, no 5/24.

Let's wait for the official app to be released

Yes, you can wait on the sideline and wait for results, or be the one to report the results. Be a trailblazer or be blazed.

Just read Reddit and FT and you'll get your answer fairly quickly upon release of the application.

This^

It seems there are a lot of reports of pending applications that are being approved today that are way over 5/24. Of course that is no guarantee but it is promising. Were they actually human reviewed or wnet through the system? Either way, so far, no 5/24.

tests like that often don't include the enforcement of all UW standards. it is just a dry IT run.

of course some of the "chem-trails" types think this was not a messed up test by Chase but rather marketing.

Exactly. But it is the only information we have to go off of until it goes live.

A lot of leaks IMO aren't really leaks.

They want you to think it is.

Chase wanted more coverage IMO.

Just a theory.

I agree 100%. It was intentional for coverage.

BUT if Chase wanted us to think it was not under 5/24, what do they gain? A bunch of HP's and declines for 5/24? Or do they have another motive?

One way to find out, mash the app when it comes live and let the chips fall where they may.

I'm actually surprised by some, all the talk on these boards about inquiries not meaning anything, but several waiting to see others results before applying.

Just a theory.

BUT if Chase wanted us to think it was not under 5/24, what do they gain? A bunch of HP's and declines for 5/24? Or do they have another motive?

One way to find out, mash the app when it comes live and let the chips fall where they may.

I'm actually surprised by some, all the talk on these boards about inquiries not meaning anything, but several waiting to see others results before applying.

I could assure you if the 5/24 rule was in effect from the leaked apps, this chatter would be dead.

Nothing to talk about.

Now if they bait and switch us, it will be very dissapointing.

Just a theory.

I could assure you if the 5/24 rule was in effect from the leaked apps, this chatter would be dead.

Nothing to talk about.

Now if they bait and switch us, it will be very dissapointing.

Agree 100%. I just don't see them trying to generate buzz, especially through TPG site, reddit, FT, etc, which is where the buzz is happening, when they know damn well the people that frequent those sites would not be eligible if 5/24 was applied to the card right out of the gate.

Just a theory.

I'm in the "INQs mean nothing" camp, but there are a couple of reasons why I'd rather wait to see a few GP the 5/24.

First, I'd rather not go through the hassle and the $10 to unfreeze if I know it's a lost cause from the start. Second, even if my file was unfrozen, I like to think I have at least a fair shot at being approved.

Even though INQs are no big deal, I don't think any of us want to sit down and see 35 INQs for each bureau on our reports with little to show for it. There was a new poster on CB a short while ago who had over 100 INQs and nothing to show for it but $3,000 in SCTs and a $300 CapOne secured. Then we have Hege. Which one would you rather be?

Just a theory.

I'm in the "INQs mean nothing" camp, but there are a couple of reasons why I'd rather wait to see a few GP the 5/24.

First, I'd rather not go through the hassle and the $10 to unfreeze if I know it's a lost cause from the start. Second, even if my file was unfrozen, I like to think I have at least a fair shot at being approved.

Even though INQs are no big deal, I don't think any of us want to sit down and see 35 INQs for each bureau on our reports with little to show for it. There was a new poster on CB a short while ago who had over 100 INQs and nothing to show for it but $3,000 in SCTs and a $300 CapOne secured. Then we have Hege. Which one would you rather be?

I get ya. Mine are not frozen, and yes, for me when EX was frozen, they would refuse to unfreeze without me sending in snail mail to do so. I think I pissed them off, could not unfreeze online. I refuse to go through that again.

Don't worry PotO, I will be at least one GP for you.

Just a theory.

I get ya. Mine are not frozen, and yes, for me when EX was frozen, they would refuse to unfreeze without me sending in snail mail to do so. I think I pissed them off, could not unfreeze online. I refuse to go through that again.

Don't worry PotO, I will be at least one GP for you.

I want to see 5/24 data just to decide if I'm applying online or at CPC branch.

I am definitely applying.

Unless anyone is going to buy a MF 3B, we will have to wait for a letter to post FICOs. IME Chase uses Bankcard FICO 8 scores.

Both wife and I approved.

Her's instantly, mine needed review. Mine was approved shortly thereafter showing on login and then yanked. As of today shows approved and on login.

Both for $10,000. Hers @ 20.24%, mine at 16.24%.

Both wife and I approved.

Her's instantly, mine needed review. Mine was approved shortly thereafter showing on login and then yanked. As of today shows approved and on login.

Both for $10,000. Hers @ 20.24%, mine at 16.24%.

the 10k is an unfortunate fallout from the test, but congrats on the approvals! I wonder if the cards are already en route to you?

I'm sure 10k was MAX I would have gotten anyway due to bumping against my exposure limit with Chase several times.

Wife's I'm sure could have got more if not for her EX FICO being compromised by a medical collection we are fighting.

• CRA: Single EX HP for both.
  • FICO: EX08: 755, wife's EX08: 684
  • Utilization: Between 3-4%
  • Over 5/24: OMFG Yes, for both.
  • Chase Banking Relationship: Yes, Personal (both) and Biz Checking (me)
  • CPC: No, but work with banker in branch often. Has intervened on Freedom Unlimited app.
  • App immediate outcome: "Need more time", 2wk on status line. Approved within a day ($10,000 @ 16.24%) showing on login and then "Re-reviewed", Approved again with new account number showing on login. Wife's instantly approved for $10,000 @ 20.24%.
Edited by Zobelle

Getting set to apply? Big countdown clock on your screen? Do you keep checking Chase.com? Well, if you're applying, please post your particulars here to help others. TIA.

• CPC: No, but work with banker in branch often. Has intervened on Freedom Unlimited app.
  • App immediate outcome: "Need more time", 2wk on status line. Approved within a day ($10,000 @ 16.24%) showing on login and then "Re-reviewed", Approved again with new account number showing on login. Wife's instantly approved for $10,000 @ 20.24%.

You don't know which scoring model they used.

I bet it was EX 08 Bankcard.

Probably internal scoring. Just posted our CCT EX08 at time of applications.

Edited by Zobelle

Getting set to apply? Big countdown clock on your screen? Do you keep checking Chase.com? Well, if you're applying, please post your particulars here to help others. TIA.

Probably internal scoring. Just posted our CCT EX08 at time of applications.

Please update when you get a letter in the mail.

IME, although they definitely also use internal scoring models, they use FICO 8 bankcard scoring models almost exclusively.

Edited by mendelssohn

In April this year when I was approved for Ink+ they used EX FICO 08.

Interesting. They use bankcard scores for me every time, and that seems to be the most common on CB.

I may be at max exposure right now wit Chase. I had to reallocate on my last approval.

If the 5/24 isn't in effect, does it make sense for me to do a CLD to improve chances at an instant?

If 5/24 isn't in effect, I would try to reallocate limits if necessary to get an approval. A voluntary CLD is not in my vocabulary at least.

If 5/24 isn't in effect, I would try to reallocate limits if necessary to get an approval. A voluntary CLD is not in my vocabulary at least.

I wouldn't voluntarily do it either.

I just rather not do a recon if there is no need.

I was previously at MAX. MAX as in Sr. Analyst tells you in no uncertain terms that you will be granted no new credit access line and must hard close a card to proceed with special reconsideration.

You just asked about voluntarily doing it.

Interesting. They use bankcard scores for me every time, and that seems to be the most common on CB.

I take that back mendelssohn. I just reviewed my paperwork from both my Chase cards. I did not receive my scores or versions. I think because they are not required to give it to you if you get the lowest APR. Isn't the "Price you pay for credit" letter only required if you do not get the best terms?

I take that back mendelssohn. I just reviewed my paperwork from both my Chase cards. I did not receive my scores or versions. I think because they are not required to give it to you if you get the lowest APR. Isn't the "Price you pay for credit" letter only required if you do not get the best terms?

Yes, although many issuers send them as a courtesy.

Most of my Chase cards were approved before all of my student loans dropped off of EX, so I typically got letters.

Maybe to make things easier and get data at the time of approval, people can just post their corresponding FICO 8 score(s). Hegemony should decide since he started the thread.

You just asked about voluntarily doing it.

I was asking if anyone is "Suggesting" that it might it help with getting an instant approval.

I never said I wanted to do it if its not the best option

The last post in this topic was posted 1272 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.