Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

CSR Application Random musings

The last post in this topic was posted 1224 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I've been up to my uvula at work today so I haven't read every post, but I've seen discussion about PCing from the CSP to the Reserve.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, be under 5/24 again.... which begs the question: Has there been a PC attempt from a card other than the CSP? I wouldn't expect a co-brand PC to work, but I have a Freedom sitting here that sees about $10 in spending per year.

I've been up to my uvula at work today so I haven't read every post, but I've seen discussion about PCing from the CSP to the Reserve.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, be under 5/24 again.... which begs the question: Has there been a PC attempt from a card other than the CSP? I wouldn't expect a co-brand PC to work, but I have a Freedom sitting here that sees about $10 in spending per year.

Yes, the Freedom would work.

Yes, the Freedom would work.

Thanks. :good:

What a gyp.

I know people don't always posts but the lack of approvals is really disappointing. Here is wishful thinking. Sunday and today would have been the biggest sprint for this card and you can bet your sweet a$$ that specific expectations are laid out on how this card should perform. If they spent all day today and yesterday stamping "rejected" on each new application on a card that was obviously designed to perform, maybe things will be reconsidered for the CSR. Of course there is a large portion of the population who have only had 2 or 3 cards since adulthood and they would obviously get approved but those are the same individuals who have been content for all these years and are still actively avoiding opening "unnecessary" new accounts.

The ones who probably saw the most approvals were the everyday folks in our lives who typically couldn't careless about points but we hyped it up for them (our friends and family) and we sold the CSR on Chase's behalf.

Chase still has their work cut out getting folks who don't apply for credit cards, to take the 100k bait and add the CSR to their wallet.

My goodness the carnage today with 5/24.

Spent all day in the ER with an injured employee, just got home. He will be fine, injured his knee. Unfortunately I did not make to Chase today, but have it planned for tomorrow at 9 am when they open.

I will be opening my savings account and collecting my $250, moving some $$ over, and asking if I have any pre approvals for any CC's. I still see some DP's that have been approved over 5/24 IF they have an in branch pre approval. It's worth a shot.

Will report back as soon as I have some info tomorrow after 9 am pacific.

What a gyp.

I know people don't always posts but the lack of approvals is really disappointing.

a lot of people are pending so hopefully there will be more data.

Who here is going to apply for the Ritz card? This is the other Infinte card that has a $450 AF. $300 Travel Credit and other similar benefits.

It also includes the $100 off RT domestic flight with 2-5 people.

MMS has a link to the page with the 3 free nights. It's usually 2 free nights with a $395 AF

In case you haven't noticed, 5/24 is in full effect.

Aren't some co-brands still exempt?

Who here is going to apply for the Ritz card? This is the other Infinte card that has a $450 AF. $300 Travel Credit and other similar benefits.

It also includes the $100 off RT domestic flight with 2-5 people.

MMS has a link to the page with the 3 free nights. It's usually 2 free nights with a $395 AF

In case you haven't noticed, 5/24 is in full effect.

Aren't some co-brands still exempt?

There are co-brands exempt if you're applying for them, but they still count in your 5/24 if you're applying for a non-exempt card.

What a gyp.

I know people don't always posts but the lack of approvals is really disappointing.

a lot of people are pending so hopefully there will be more data.

fingers crossed

I was instant approved and I was dead on 5/24 (making this card my 6/24), fwiw

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Some are speculating <5/24 is a go, 5<x<7 is a strong maybe, and >8 is a no go.

Had to go back and check how long my Ink+ took for approval after receiving the 7-10 message and 30 day email.

I applied around 5pm EST and two days later the automated number gave me the approval details. I'll go ahead and assume their UW department is slammed this week so I expect more than a couple days on this one.

For those with denials from the 7-10, were you given denial information from the automated line or did everyone jump right into calling the recon number?

application status is 800-436-7927 you can press 1 then 3 then 1 to get right to the status prompt.

I'm prompted for #, 3, 1 when I use that number.

OK, so this is complicated.

I also called in and requested a CLI on my Freedom yesterday so I could get the HPs merged.

Application 1: we will let you know in 14 days.

Application 2: 7-10 business days.

Chase still has their work cut out getting folks who don't apply for credit cards, to take the 100k bait and add the CSR to their wallet.

Chase can have their tellers and bankers offer the cards to all of their clients with deposit accounts.

Chase can email offer to all of their clients with deposit or credit accounts.

Chase can snail mail an offer to all of their clients with deposit or credit accounts.

Chase can buy tailored lists from EX, EQ and TU for the direct marketing of the product to people who meet their criteria.

application status is 800-436-7927 you can press 1 then 3 then 1 to get right to the status prompt.

I also called in and requested a CLI on my Freedom yesterday so I could get the HPs merged.

needs further review 7-10 message on the status line means denied right? I ask because that is the status of mine as well.

Chase can have their tellers and bankers offer the cards to all of their clients with deposit accounts.

Chase can email offer to all of their clients with deposit or credit accounts.

Chase can snail mail an offer to all of their clients with deposit or credit accounts.

Chase can buy tailored lists from EX, EQ and TU for the direct marketing of the product to people who meet their criteria.

My point is that folks who can be approved because they are under 5/24 have always been marketed and always will be marketed. They were marketed for the CSP while its sign up bonus was everywhere you looked. They were marketed for the Freedom Unlimited card. They are being marketed by Amex and Citi and everyone else. But they are under 5/24 because they rarely take the bait and more often decline. Chase has their work cut out getting these same people to say yes to this offer when they have said no to so many others

Edited by nolanryan

I've used 1-888-338-2586 and entered my SSN.

needs further review 7-10 message on the status line means denied right? I ask because that is the status of mine as well.

Yes, I believe so.

I think 30 day status means it's actually getting reviewed.

I've used 1-888-338-2586 and entered my SSN.

Calling my number tries to transfer me to a CSR during business hours.

Calling CTS's number gives me the 30 day message...

Yes, I believe so.

I think 30 day status means it's actually getting reviewed.

I hope so!

I only say that because that's what everyone was saying when people were scrambling to get in Ink+ applications and were getting denied on recon.

I don't actually KNOW.

FWIW, I got 30 day and approved earlier this year and my spouse got 7-10 days and approved earlier this year for different chase cards. YMMV

The last post in this topic was posted 1224 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.