Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

CSR Application Random musings

The last post in this topic was posted 1183 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

For those that received the 7-10 day message, what is the application email stating for you?

I received the 30 day language via email.

We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision.

From what I've read online, and had this exact same message before the Ink+ approval, I have a glimmer of hope left before calling.

This is the same email I got, and this was the same email they sent me when they denied me for the Slate during my app spree (the third Chase card I went for in 24 hours).

Thanks for the data everyone. Time will tell but this idea is clearly a bust.

Good luck, mendel!

Also, a couple of other notes:

- The $300 travel credit is per card anniversary year, not calendar year.

- They are currently not expediting requests, 3-5 business days to receive card from what cust serv told me (hoping I get it before I leave Sunday)

- As a last ditch effort I called my contact in the Exec Office, and unfortunately nothing they can do as well.

My only hope is that somehow there is a glitch and my account gets the 100k bonus, otherwise it'll be until June of next year before I am under 5/24.

Did they tell you that on the phone? This is taken right from the CSRsv web page on their site:

$300 Annual Travel Credit: A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your card is used for purchases in the travel category, up to $300 in statement credits annually ("annually" means the year beginning with your account open date through the first December statement date of that same year, and each 12 billing cycles starting after your December statement date through the following December statement date).

That is what the rep told me...that being said, it wouldn't be the first time a rep has given incorrect information. I am hoping you are correct because that would make the first year a win even without the 100k points.

Bookmark that page, screenshot it, save it, and push back on them if they try to back out of it.

I'm at 12/24 and I got this message:

Thanks for applying.

We need to review your application a little longer.

We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days. Please don't resubmit your application.

Thanks for choosing Chase Sapphire ReserveSM.

Banker was on hold. They just picked up for special reconsideration. I'll let you guys know the outcome.

Good luck :good:

So now when I call the automated status line, after entering my SSN I hear, "Please hold while we transfer your call." At this point I'm hanging up. Sounds like potential identity information but I'll sit on my hands and wait this out until I receive correspondence from them.

Banker was on hold. They just picked up for special reconsideration. I'll let you guys know the outcome.

I've never been so anxious for someone else's credit application before. :)

I'm going to offer to hard close CSP if I'm denied. Not PC, but supplant CSP with CSR. "My" banker just got back to me saying I should consider the JPMR card instead as it has the same benefits but does not report to the CRAs. I wonder if I apply for JPMR if 5.24 won't matter? FWIW, JPMR has the same SUB.

Thanks for applying.

We need to review your application a little

We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days. Please don't resubmit your application.

Just called recon and it was a no go because I'm at 12/24

Edited by ptkcs7

Thanks for applying.

I just called recon and it was a no go due to 5/24

I'm a Newbie. What's recon? "Reconsideration" ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for applying.

I just called recon and it was a no go due to 5/24

I'm a Newbie. What's recon? "Reconsideration" ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes (888) 245-0625

Edited by ptkcs7

Denied special recon via the Chase banker.

I was told it had nothing to do with overall exposure or credit, only the number of new accounts.

is 5.24 to the day of opening or to the month of opening?

Denied special recon via the Chase banker.

I was told it had nothing to do with overall exposure or credit, only the number of new accounts.

did you offer to hard close something?

I'm going to offer to hard close CSP if I'm denied. Not PC, but supplant CSP with CSR. "My" banker just got back to me saying I should consider the JPMR card instead as it has the same benefits but does not report to the CRAs. I wonder if I apply for JPMR if 5.24 won't matter? FWIW, JPMR has the same SUB.

I offered to hard close my CSP as well (opened 7/2014) and that didn't matter.

So now when I call the automated status line, after entering my SSN I hear, "Please hold while we transfer your call." At this point I'm hanging up. Sounds like potential identity information but I'll sit on my hands and wait this out until I receive correspondence from them.

If it were possible, I would donate my 2/24 to you.

Good Luck.

interesting. I was looking at that as an option to still get the SUB.

When they have identity questions and are asking to verify, IME it's landed up in an approval for me Edited by Cappy

Did you report recently that the JPMR is supposed to be more exclusive for those with more assets under management, or something to that effect? That being the case, it's possible 5/24 might not matter, or your banker might have more pull, or at the very least there may not be as many applicants flooding Chase when it goes live. But who knows. Given their hard-line stance on 5/24 with the CSRsv, they may stick to their guns on JPMR too.

I assume this is that card. https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel It reads alot like the CSRsv.

Doesn't seem to be an app page up yet.

Edited by Surreal Awakening

interesting. I was looking at that as an option to still get the SUB.

Sorry to hear that, Mendel.

A lot of data points from reddit are showing that the hard close method isn't being offered, and is repeatedly being turned down when requested.

Damn you, 5/24.

Did you report recently that the JPMR is supposed to be more exclusive for those with more assets under management, or something to that effect? That being the case, it's possible 5/24 might not matter, or your banker might have more pull, or at the very least there may not be as many applicants flooding Chase when it goes live. But who knows.

I assume this is that card. https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel It reads alot like the CSRsv.

Doesn't seem to be an app page up yet.

Supposedly there will be two new cards; this one that mirrors CSR, and a yet-to-be-named card only for the private bank customers, not CPC.

JPMR is essentially CSR other than it will not report to the CRAs (just like Pd did not). It also may be immune from 5.24, I'm waiting for confirmation. FWIW, I'm not CPC so I'm not sure the banker will let me apply for JPMR.

The last post in this topic was posted 1183 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.