Sign in to follow this  
HelpmyCredit90

My Master Repair Thread

The mind of a slave asks "is it legal?", the mind of a free man asks "is it right?"

BTW, make fun of me all you want, but MY WAY got the credit union to delete the account.

The mind of a slave asks "is it legal?", the mind of a free man asks "is it right?"

BTW, make fun of me all you want, but MY WAY got the credit union to delete the account.

Then why ask for help if your way works.

You will run into trouble, big trouble going forward as aggressively as you are with debts inside the SOL.

I am mainly here to post about my progress than to seek advice.

Everyone tells me to read the boards, but a vast majority of that I find is over 10 years old and then if I read newer threads within the past 2-3 years, so much has changed since 10 years ago that it's difficult to comb through what is relevant.

Hate to burst that extra chromosome you carry, but it's both legal and right. Nonetheless, you are a day late and a dollar short on the questions. You should have asked them when you decided to play deadbeat over a whopping $100 debt just because you didn't like the ways the creditor closed your account.

YOUR WAY got your credit reports sh!t stained for a pitiful $100 and $200 debt in the first place.

Nutcase letters sometimes work for at least a little while. But often they get you sued. Often they get the derogatory tradeline updated so that the usual healing over time never occurs.

But it's fun to watch train wrecks. Weld that dunce cap firmly to your pointy little noggin so it doesn't fall off in the crash.

Ya..sure...

The creditor does not want to waste administrative time, labour costs, and out-of-pocket expenses on small accounts because it is simply not cost effective to do so. At many large creditors this threshold might be somewhere in the $4,000 to $5,000 range. At other creditors this threshold might be closer to $10,000 or $15,000.

I've read the "I've been served threads" and it's almost always accounts 3,000 dollars and up.

BTW many courts are handling fewer and fewer cases due to budget cuts.

Another biggie...my last occupation on my reports was retail making less than 12,000 a year. I also have no house or car payment so I am under the assumption they pretty much think I have very little money and assets and would be like getting blood out of a turnip.

..and another one:

Lawsuits are a very expensive, slow process. The court system is so clogged that it takes months for a case to be heard (the average is 16 months). In addition, an out-of-state creditor is required to sue you in a court in your home state. This means he must hire a local collection attorney who expects payment regardless of whether or not he ever collects from you. The creditor risks not recovering the $2,000 or more he pays the collection attorney to sue you. Your creditor will chose a vast array of other options before he will resort to a lawsuit, so most threats of suit can be safely ignored. For example, if the debt is secured, your creditor will generally repossess the collateral. If it is unsecured, he might offer you a reduced settlement or new payment arrangement to get you paying again.
Big creditors don't sue over small debts. The collection letter claims that you will be sued for the $284.37 you owe the XYZ Credit Card Company, but the odds that they will sue are extremely small. A creditor isn't going to risk not recovering the $2,000 it must pay to a collection attorney to sue you over a $285.00 debt. That's why credit card companies (and other big unsecured creditors) write off millions each year in uncollectible debt and simply pass on the cost of this to consumers in the form of higher interest rates and fees.
A general rule of thumb is that if you owe less than $1,000 the odds that you will be sued are very low, particularly if you're creditor is a large corporation. In fact, many big creditors won't sue over amounts much larger than $1,000. When you consider that the time, effort, and manpower involved in suing someone often exceeds $5,000, then you understand why many of them won't sue.

I am mainly here to post about my progress than to seek advice.

Everyone tells me to read the boards, but a vast majority of that I find is over 10 years old and then if I read newer threads within the past 2-3 years, so much has changed since 10 years ago that it's difficult to comb through what is relevant.

Remember, a deletion doesn't mean you aren't responsible for the debt, and doesn't mean you won't be sued.

You will be sued and lose and they will have docs.

If you no longer want help, we'll just keep up with your updates and make bets as to how long it takes for you to get sued.

Ya..sure...

The creditor does not want to waste administrative time, labour costs, and out-of-pocket expenses on small accounts because it is simply not cost effective to do so. At many large creditors this threshold might be somewhere in the $4,000 to $5,000 range. At other creditors this threshold might be closer to $10,000 or $15,000.

I've read the "I've been served threads" and it's almost always accounts 3,000 dollars and up.

Another biggie...my last occupation on my reports was retail making less than 12,000 a year. I also have no house or car payment so I am under the assumption they pretty much think I have very little money and assets and would be like getting blood out of a turnip.

Keep going on the path you're on. We'll make bets.

Remember, a deletion doesn't mean you aren't responsible for the debt, and doesn't mean you won't be sued.

So when I called OCCU and they said the debt will be written off as a loss, and deleted from TU, EX, and EQ, it's going to rise from the dead like Jesus and I will be sued?

Edited by HelpmyCredit90

So when I called OCCU and they said the debt will be written off and deleted from TU, EX, and EQ, it's going to rise from the dead like Jesus and I will be sued?

You have no clue what you are talking about. Written off debts are assigned or sold for collection and still valid.

Ya..sure...

Credit One: Known to sue for $400

Barclays: Known to sue for $1500

Sync: Known to sue for $1500

It's beyond mental to think they won't sue because you earn little at your job. Garnishment are fun. When they shotgun banks in your area and hit the right one, it will be fun to watch your eBay empire crash and burn when your funds in your bank account are frozen yet you still have to ship the goods. Oh, wait ... you'll just go deadbeat again. :rolleyes:

My mistake, they said they ceased collection efforts on it as well, I asked them if it would be sold or assigned to a 3rd party and they said "no".

Did you get that in writing?

My mistake, they said they ceased collection efforts on it as well, I asked them if it would be sold or assigned to a 3rd party and they said "no".

They said a letter is in the mail.

"It's in the mail"

"Your table will be ready in a few minutes"

"I love you more than my wife"

"It's not you, it's me"

And this is just 1 of several negatives.

Yes, but it is the funniest one. :lol:

"I'm not going to pay them $100 that I owe and let them pollute my credit reports for 7.5 years because I don't like the way they closed my account." :rofl:

"It's in the mail"

"Your table will be ready in a few minutes"

"I love you more than my wife"

"It's not you, it's me"

:rofl:

It had nothing to do with the way they closed my account..

That's not what you said earlier in this thread.

You are a liar. Is it the extra chromosome?

"I will admit I did not pay them out of spite for closing my account, but can you blame me?"

That's not what you said earlier in this thread.

He's a liar.

Ok, we have SnowFlake. And we have CrapFlake.

I propose we change OP's name to ReReFlake.

You are a liar. Is it the extra chromosome?

"I will admit I did not pay them out of spite for closing my account, but can you blame me?"

Someone is delusional...

You posted earlier about them being "rude" and that's why you didn't pay.

AND what PotO just posted...