Sign in to follow this  
HelpmyCredit90

My Master Repair Thread

Here is a list of debts, and current status of said debts...

1. Discover Card $122

Currently being collected by Capital Management Services, but currently unable to verify who actually owns it, as both parties claim to own the debt.

2. OCCU Card Services/ Duck Credit Card $221.

After failing to validate I owed a debt, I sent them an ITS letter, to which the stated the account is now being handled by an attorney, which is doubtful.

Being collected by their internal collection dept.

3. Barclay's Bank Apple Visa Credit Card $1689.

Debt is being collected by ERC. Sent an email 8/15 and was replied to on 8/17:

We are in receipt of your email for requesting validation through our website. The accounts XX and XX [debt not on CR] have been updated and placed on hold in an investigatory status. We will request documentation from our client. Our agency will no longer attempt to communicate with you during the investigation of this account. Additionally, our company ERC is not reporting the accounts listed above on your personal credit report.

4. Paypal Mastercard Synchrony Bank $1619

Being collected by Portfolio Recovery Associates. Have turned them into the BBB, awaiting results.

5. Walmart Mastercard $398.

Being collected by PRA, see above.

6. QVC QCARD/ Synchrony Bank $462.

Being collected by FMS INC

D/V sent 7/29/16, have heard nothing back.

7. Amazon StoreCard/ Synchrony Bank $596.

Being collected by Northland Group. Sent DV via email 8/15, heard nothing back.

8. Credit One Bank $459.

Being collected by Midland funding, turned into BBB, awaiting results.

3. Barclay's Bank Apple Visa Credit Card $1689.

Got an email from the BBB in regards to PRA, for some odd reason they won't forward the complaint to PRA.

I've now sent PRA a 2nd D/V request, because pretty much all they did was send me a copy of the bills.

Once I found out who owns the debt, I will. Right now both Discover and CMS claim to own the debt, but after talking to CMS yesterday, they are going to investigate it and send me the results.

You need to think this through some more. You are likely to have a lawsuit files against you if you go after these recent accounts aggressively. They are sure to have documentation to verify everything as well. That's why I suggest paying Synchrony and at least the collection will go away.

Also remember that just because something gets deleted doesn't mean that they can't file a lawsuit and come after you for the account.

I would suggest slowing down and rethinking your strategy then. These are very recent.

+1

Wouldnt it cost more than 400 dollars to sue for 400 dollars?

They add that to what they are seeking. So you could end up with judgement for $800 or more using those numbers. You don't want judgments. That is why people advise to not be too aggressive with recent debts that you do not have the funds to pay if they sue you.

Edited by Tyra

I would suggest slowing down and rethinking your strategy then. These are very recent.

+1

+1

Wouldnt it cost more than 400 dollars to sue for 400 dollars?

They add that to what they are seeking. So you could end up with judgement for $800 or more using those numbers.

^This. You will end up paying for their court costs/attorney fees if they file and get a judgment against you.

I guess i will assume the risk.

You're an salamander.

People infinitely smarter than you are trying to help you, and you're just discounting their knowledge/suggestions.

Edited by Konrad2012

Are you applying for a mortgage in a year?

Remember what I said, that just because something gets deleted doesn't mean that you are off the hook until you pass collections SOL.

These companies are also likely to see a mortgage inquiry and come after you.

If you don't have enough money to pay all of these if you are sued, where is your down payment or closing costs money coming from? Emergency fund if something breaks in the house? I just replaced my HVAC system and it isn't cheap.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I want you to think realistically.

I realize people are trying to help me but i want this stuff off as fast as possible. Yes there is risk involved but i assuming all liability.

Many have tried to do what you're doing. They've all failed.

If you really want to fix things, you need to accept that it can only happen so fast. You also need to accept that some things need to happen in a specific order.