Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Approved for US Bank Secured!

The last post in this topic was posted 1560 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Congrats on joining the worst possible bank in the world.

Happy you have another trade line, I just have a lot of problems with their policies.

Sent from my....who cares

Edited by NoUseForAName

US Bank is very slow, but fair. If you have a local branch, sit down with your banker once in a while. Every time I talk to a banker I have a new credit offer, and once last year in November I was pre-approved for two personal cards. Granted, US Bank has a limited number of decent products and they often have trouble counting, but they do have Fidelity and a couple of other decent products...

...they aren't the worst bank by far. Probably smack dab in the middle....

Happy you have another trade line, I just have a lot of problems with their policies.

Such as? I banked with them for a year before moving my account to Chase (they built a branch close to me), and never had any issues.

I don't know if it is still the same today, but if you mobile deposit a check, the first $200 is instantly available, that was a decent feature.

Nice! The good thing is that it will eventually graduate.

..and from what I read, and if it's true, they graduate you bases on your history with THEM, not the credit report. So even if you can't get your credit fixed in a year, they will still graduate you. At least this is what I was told. I'm not saying it's true.

..and from what I read, and if it's true, they graduate you bases on your history with THEM, not the credit report. So even if you can't get your credit fixed in a year, they will still graduate you. At least this is what I was told. I'm not saying it's true.

They're a very fair bank.

On the banking side, I was actually quite happy. I was a customer for around 2 years.

I had a secured card with my ex and to remove her, I had to close the account. Secured app is only via snail mail. Adding money to secured app is only via snail mail. Once you increase you SC deposit, no more for 6 months and I believe it is a hard pull.

They have the worst policy for verifying your account via the telephone, if anyone listens to your call, they will get all your personal information.

Edited by NoUseForAName

I applied online for the SC. How long ago was this?

That is a bit scary about the phone call part, but I've had to give my SSN, Name, DOB, etc a lot of times to verify my account on credit approvals and such.

I always call from a cell phone so I know at least no one can eavesdrop on my end.

Such as? I banked with them for a year before moving my account to Chase (they built a branch close to me), and never had any issues.

I don't know if it is still the same today, but if you mobile deposit a check, the first $200 is instantly available, that was a decent feature.

$200 available instantly is hardly impressive. Many banks do much better. USAA allows up to $25k with instant availability.

US Bank has treated me right. They have done some amazing things with excellent rates, high limits, etc on both the personal and business side of things. They also always give me a nice annual credit limit increase on my credit card.

I guess it's just me

Not just you.

We don't call them US Skank for nothing. :)

For example...a lot of people like Wells Fargo, or as I called them "Smelly Cargo".

I banked with them about a year..always moved credits and deposits around, ended them paying them around $400 in OD Fees.

Then my debit card quit working, they said someone hacked my account, had to come in and prove my identity, birth certificate, whole nine yards.

What made me mad..they would not tell me how it was hacked, if it was a log in hack..if someone tried using my debit card from a cloning machine, etc.

Seems like everyone here...out of the "big banks" likes one bank hates another, but another person is the total opposite.

No bank is perfect and different people have different experiences with different banks.

But US Skank is light years away from even Bank of America or Chase in terms of credit limits, credit approvals and product range. Then there is the pesky little generally hidden issue of US Skank being a prime player in the Dynamic Currency Conversion fraud.

For example...a lot of people like Wells Fargo, or as I called them "Smelly Cargo".

I banked with them about a year..always moved credits and deposits around, ended them paying them around $400 in OD Fees.

Then my debit card quit working, they said someone hacked my account, had to come in and prove my identity, birth certificate, whole nine yards.

What made me mad..they would not tell me how it was hacked, if it was a log in hack..if someone tried using my debit card from a cloning machine, etc.

Could have happened at any bank.

Generally here when we rate a bank it's in terms of credit offerings and not general banking practices. We all know not to poop in the kitchen.

Chase Bank had a big role in Nazi America.

Could be, but doesn't effect us.

US Skank, on the other hand, makes a concerted effort to defraud every American with a credit card visiting Europe out of 5% of their charges.

Edited by PotO

I thought there is usually a fee/percentage using your card in other countries?

Foreign transaction fees. Generally about 3%, but many cards don't charge them.

Dynamic Currency Conversion is an extra 5% or more that US Skank tries to charge suckers who press the wrong button on a POS throughout Europe.

Ouch.

Well note to self, Don't use the card in other countries.

It's ok to use.

Just when US Skank offers you DCC at the point of sale and tells you how great it is, always say "No!" Yes = 5% or more on top of the 3% FTF.

When given the choice to complete the credit card transaction paying in either local currency or your home currency (US$), always select the local currency. Selecting US$ is called DCC and you will get screwed.

DCC is a US Skank baby.

Edited by PotO

The last post in this topic was posted 1560 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.