Sign in to follow this  
mendelssohn

The Five Best Credit Unions

My favorite is Alliant, followed by Navy. I quit NASA and PenFed because reasons.

I know nothing about Suncoast. Has anyone had experiences with them that you would like to share?

I only belong to three...apparently I need to branch out more. :)

Most of my banking is with Alliant. Disappointed by their lackluster credit limit at the moment.

PenFed had my highest TL for quite a while, but has been surpassed. Great with previous auto loan.

NASA hasn't seem much love from me yet. I wish the CC cap was higher there...

l3d7zulatlfynrpof7g6.jpg

Hege's rubbing off on you with the link posting threads :D

I'm having some Friday fun at CV's expense. ;)

Which CU is best for purchasing Blue Nile jewelry?

Which CU is best for purchasing Blue Nile jewelry?

Blue FCU

https://www.bluefcu.com

:lol:

Checks out.

Pairs well with Greater Niles Community FCU:

https://www.gncfcu.org/

Remember the Nile passes through Egypt... penfed

Two years ago I gave 40% of the credit unions on that list the opportunity to originate a very easy mortgage for us, and neither could pull it off...

My favorite is Alliant, followed by Navy. I quit NASA and PenFed because reasons.

I know nothing about Suncoast. Has anyone had experiences with them that you would like to share?

I have a membership with Suncoast. They are not bad, but I mostly joined for the 1.75% car loan that I got. I live in Tampa so they have some convenient locations around here. NFCU is also a co-op with them so I have more ATM locations if needed.

I have a membership with Suncoast. They are not bad, but I mostly joined for the 1.75% car loan that I got. I live in Tampa so they have some convenient locations around here. NFCU is also a co-op with them so I have more ATM locations if needed.
Thanks!

I was hoping to see a lit of the five best STDs. But close enough.

Gonorrhea of the urethra

Gonorrhea of the mouth

Gonorrhea of the throat

Gonorrhea of the eye

Gonorrhea of the anus

Limited availability, but NC SECU would be on my top CU list.

No CC rewards, but no cash advance fees with 8.00% APR is the cheapest anytime "need cash now" line I have.

Current return of .25% checking with primary overdraft going to 1.00% money market for everyday checking. ($1 per month checking fee)

I now use Penfed for nothing except the util padding, but will be exploring NFCU for promo rates and possible business account.

Have not found reason to join NASA or Alliant yet.

No CC rewards, but no cash advance fees with 8.00% APR is the cheapest anytime "need cash now" line I have.

Current return of .25% checking with primary overdraft going to 1.00% money market for everyday checking. ($1 per month checking fee)

I now use Penfed for nothing except the util padding, but will be exploring NFCU for promo rates and possible business account.

.25% checking stinks. Alliant is light-years better.

what is a cash advance?

I am also a member of suncoast. First of all they are awesome. They only pull EX they also will keep that pull for 60 days. With that pull you can apply for any of the products they offer. Also when you go into a branch they have a chart they use for all their interest rates. So if your score is in the range that's what your interest rate will be.

My mother was able to obtain membership,(680 experian score at the time) got a pre-approved auto loan(up to 30,000 at 2.75 APR).We to take to any dealer to negotiate in cash. And their Platinum Visa card (6500 8.9 APR) all for 1 experian pull. Pretty amazing

In my case 1 pull to apply for their Unsecured Platinum rewards card. I was denied because my credit score is aids at the moment. However I did get approved for their secured card. They said my experian score was a 558 at the time of their pull. Higher then my fico 8 score from CCT. No fees on any of their CC's. Only downside on their CC'S it doesn't show pending charges only what has been processed. For the secured card in particular it doesn't graduate unfortunately. I was also approved for 2 secured loans to help with my credit mix. Those also have no fees.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

what is a cash advance?

Agreed.

Remember when their checking was on the order of 6%. If only I was more liquid back in those days...

what is a cash advance?

I had another look at Alliant rates. 0% free checking or .65% on the high yield checking, with minimum balance requirement. 1.00% high yield savings.

At current rates, what is the advantage to Alliant? I keep a very low balance in checking, so it looks like a 1% return on checking related money with either Alliant savings or SECU money market. Am I missing something?

what is a cash advance?

I had another look at Alliant rates. 0% free checking or .65% on the high yield checking, with minimum balance requirement. 1.00% high yield savings.

At current rates, what is the advantage to Alliant? I keep a very low balance in checking, so it looks like a 1% return on checking related money with either Alliant savings or SECU money market. Am I missing something?

there is no minimum balance requirement for the .65% high yield checking.

also: "cash through our 80,000+ surcharge-free ATM network and up to $20 per month in ATM rebates"

Exactly. No minimums. Instant transfers between checking and savings, and the fact that I haven't had to pay a dime in ATM fees are all benefits. (Even while using a CAD ATM).

Indeed, no minimum balance for high yield checking. My mistake. The ATM rebate is a nice feature. Although the Alliant savings is same return % as SECU money market, there is advantage to Alliant in minimum $100 to earn vs SECU $250 minimum to earn and $2 fee below $250.

I will keep Alliant in mind, thanks for giving me reason to review my checking methods.