Sign in to follow this  
Jay2tru

Barclays Goodwill Letter

Hey guys I'm in the process of writing a goodwill letter to Barclays, with the hope of getting a 30 day late removed. I was wondering if anyone has had any recent or past positive results and would like to share the department or person they addressed the letter to. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I would Google goodwill letter(s) and read as many stories/ letters as you can until you think you have gleaned something pertaining to your situation.

Most of the goodwill successes I have seen described involve well put letters

1) detaling what lead to the instance of being late that would come across as a somewhat extraordinary circumstance.

2) stating the importance of good credit to the petitioner

3) stating the value the petitioner places on their relationship with the creditor.

Then send... send... and send again... until you get lucky ... if you get lucky.

I have not tried calling, but I will take your advice, the only issue is I have not been a customer that long, only about a year. No prior lates though.

On 8/1/2016 at 8:08 AM, Jay2tru said:

I have not tried calling, but I will take your advice, the only issue is I have not been a customer that long, only about a year. No prior lates though.

Bringing this thread back from the dead - How did this go for you, Jay?

I am now in a similar situation:

A new 30-day late on a otherwise clean report, over a $40 balance of all things.

Any other tips to remove it?

I am with them since 2014.

When I called in I was told to to write a goodwill letter to:

fcra credit bureau disputes
PO box 8803
wilmington delaware 19899

Is there a specific department that can help do this on the phone?

Do goodwill letters work with Barclays?

I don;t want to give them more reason to validate it if there isn't a point to sending a letter.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Zalc said:

Bringing this thread back from the dead - How did this go for you, Jay?

I am now in a similar situation:

A new 30-day late on a otherwise clean report, over a $40 balance of all things.

Any other tips to remove it?

I am with them since 2014.

When I called in I was told to to write a goodwill letter to:

fcra credit bureau disputes
PO box 8803
wilmington delaware 19899

Is there a specific department that can help do this on the phone?

Do goodwill letters work with Barclays?

I don;t want to give them more reason to validate it if there isn't a point to sending a letter.

Thanks!

A goodwill letter for one 30-day late is about as risk-free as credit repair actions come. 

If you don't get results through the route suggested by the Barclays rep, mail a short, contrite letter to the executive in charge of credit cards, and don't give up if your first correspondence to her/him doesn't work.

The fact that the account is still open (and you only have one late) is definitely in your favor.

A goodwill letter for one 30-day late is about as risk-free as credit repair actions come. 

If you don't get results through the route suggested by the Barclays rep, mail a short, contrite letter to the executive in charge of credit cards, and don't give up if your first correspondence to her/him doesn't work.

The fact that the account is still open (and you only have one late) is definitely in your favor.

Thanks!
Will do.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Of course they gave a generic address...far easier to send to a circular file that way.  IME, the best results when going hat in hand to beg for a favor, especially with a publicly traded company, is to identify who the SVP is over the operational component where your request sits.  They won't actually be the one replying in most instances, but they usually give it to their assistant, who actually WILL be an employee empowered to use some modicum of discretion. 

In some situations, you may ALSO be able to identify the email address for said executive or be able to locate a more direct address. 

When writing the letter, copious sucking up and acceptance of responsibility will be what helps to carry the day...