I'm not invited to the wedding, lol

The last post in this topic was posted 1802 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go. You married a man with FIVE other children and TWO other baby mamas. You didn't expect problems?

It's not your kid getting married. You don't like each other. Move on.

Hopefully you'll be invited to the weddings of your 2 biological children. I assume you'll tell your children they must invite the other FIVE children and TWO baby mamas and all of their significant others, spouses, and additional baby mamas and daddies.

Lord forbid you ever get married or remarried and have step children. It's about the norm almost these days.

It's all about choices.

Making 7 babies with 3 different women is the norm?

Remarriage and kids happen all the time. 60 percent or more of first marriages don't make it. Sometimes you have to wade thru the crap before you get a good one. :yu: And as long as someone can support said kids, they can have as many as they want.
Exactly.

The only issue here is the emotional issue, but those aren't limited only to people touched by a blended relationship or two. It happens to everybody.

Just look at our own little CD "Snowflake" -- Uber's best buddy -- who goes all misty at half-eaten candy bars and Purina Dog Chow commercials.

It's called "life" and we deal with it -- exactly like Credit Please is doing.

Hey now wait a sec. Are you going a little soft on us? I like the softer you. ❄️

Don't go. You married a man with FIVE other children and TWO other baby mamas. You didn't expect problems?

It's not your kid getting married. You don't like each other. Move on.

Hopefully you'll be invited to the weddings of your 2 biological children. I assume you'll tell your children they must invite the other FIVE children and TWO baby mamas and all of their significant others, spouses, and additional baby mamas and daddies.

Lord forbid you ever get married or remarried and have step children. It's about the norm almost these days.
It's all about choices.

Making 7 babies with 3 different women is the norm?

Remarriage and kids happen all the time. 60 percent or more of first marriages don't make it. Sometimes you have to wade thru the crap before you get a good one. :yu: And as long as someone can support said kids, they can have as many as they want.
Exactly.

The only issue here is the emotional issue, but those aren't limited only to people touched by a blended relationship or two. It happens to everybody.

Just look at our own little CD "Snowflake" -- Uber's best buddy -- who goes all misty at half-eaten candy bars and Purina Dog Chow commercials.

It's called "life" and we deal with it -- exactly like Credit Please is doing.

Hey now wait a sec. Are you going a little soft on us? I like the softer you. ❄️

Well ... I wouldn't say "soft" rather than an exercise in restraint.

As for Snowflake, I'm still firmly convinced he's a waste of O2.

And Dr. Phil comes of as a flaming holier-than-thou turd who belongs in a rectory.

Sorry, Brazen. I'll try more restraint another day. :)

brazen, who you talking to? It surely can't be PotO. :huh:

Don't worry, mom, I'm still firmly planted on the dark side. :)

My little snowflake is currently pulling the old munchausen by internet routine.

And the $0.99 question is ... how many more years before Snowflake actually melts away and we can breathe unpolluted O2? Another seven?

Brazen, I am trying to be nice here -- painful as it is -- but we all know there is precisely zero hope for Snowflake. Can we please issue Uber a 2x4 with which he can put Snowflake out of our misery?

My little snowflake is currently pulling the old munchausen by internet routine.

And the $0.99 question is ... how many more years before Snowflake actually melts away and we can breathe unpolluted O2? Another seven?

Brazen, I am trying to be nice here -- painful as it is -- but we all know there is precisely zero hope for Snowflake. Can we please issue Uber a 2x4 with which he can put Snowflake out of our misery?

I think LKH took care of that. Lets hope its for good, but that is wishful thinking.

• 4 weeks later...

Update...I was not ever invited to this wedding. I came to grips with this and made plans to attend my alumni end of summer party. I encouraged my husband and son to attend and participate in the wedding. My husband and son attended the rehearsal spoke with his daughter and her mother about inviting her sisters and myself she ignored the notion and asked for more money for the wedding. My husband said he was put off by his daughters lack of concern for his invitation request. My husband and son did not attend.

The invitation read;

Ms. Pamela Williams (mother of bride)

Mr. Charles Williams (father of the bride)

And

Dorthy Smith (mother of the groom )

Request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their children.

My husband didn't know he was requesting anyone's presence. Otherwise he would have invited all of his children and his wife.

Anywhoo they'z married now.

It's very sad for a father not to attend his daughter's wedding.

Overall, in general, yeah.

But when your kid crosses the line, what choice do you have?

She pushed it deliberately, banking on Daddy choosing his daughters wedding over insulting his current wife of 20 years.

And to top it off with a flourish, asked for more money,

who's he going to grow old with and depend upon - that daughter?

IDTS.

We're only hearing one side.

The father, in this case, is on his second wife and third baby mamma. Commitment might be an issue.

How insulting and dismissive....

CP is far from his "3rd baby mamma" since she married him decades ago and been with him ever since.

The father, in this case, is on his second wife and third baby mamma. Commitment might be an issue.

CP is far from his "3rd baby mamma" since she married him decades ago and been with him ever since.

He has kids with 2 other women.

DH and I have been together and married for more than 20 years. I want to say at least half that time I have been a member of CB. So, some of you know my blended family issues. I was thinking once they all are over 18, we are home free. That is not the case.

DH has 3 sets of kids, 1st GF(2), first wife (3), and me (2). I really don't have any issues with the 1st set, but the second set ...(deep breath). We have 6 girls and a son (youngest).

Oldest daughter from the second set is getting married next month and of course she wants her father to walk her down the aisle. She and her hubby to be invited my son to be a groomsman. So she sends my hubby a text early this month saying, "Do you want me to mail your 2 invitations (for you and my brother) or can you pick them up?" I laughed because, I really was dreading having to go, but at the same time how rude and insulting can you be?

I have never disciplined them, my husband has always been good at that. I have been in her life since she was 6 or 7 years old. We used to have fun together, she once asked me is she could call me mom, I said yes. However, I know when she got home her mother read her , her rights. So, our relationships would be rough on Friday and loving on Sunday, every week.

Their mother has planted the seed of hate for me in them and disrespect for their father. I know that her mother is partially responsible for me not being invited. That hate seed is pollenating. When this same daughter had her first son, I didn't see him until he was almost 2 years old, he doesn't know any better but he was receptive of the love I had for him. Later I learned why they didn't want him around me. They said something to the effect of, me harming him and him not being able to talk and tell what happened. I said WOW!?!?! I'm confused am I not the same person who has helped raise you for 20 something years? Am I not the same person who played with you, cared for you when your dad was at work?

SMH, cause I had been including this baby in my daily prayers for years, and this is the same child I am suppose to harm?!?! That would be an oxymoron and a crazy person. But I figured it out, she is that type of a person who would harm an innocent child. (Okay, rant over)

Back to the wedding, whats the proper way for DH to respond? WWYD?

There's a big difference between 'commitment issues' and not being a good mate-picker. I'd be damned if I told you I haven't personally gone through a good number of people before I met my current wife (we've been together almost 18 years).

It kills me to say this, but for once I actually agree with TeeSharice.

DollarDog, stop being an salamander. We aren't all in SLC.

Yeah, I'd love to hear the other side to this as well but honestly, I'm so over this, Like me, love me or even hate me, I don't care life is too short to be stressing about stupid stuff. Plus, this is my story and she's not here to tell it so this is her story, my story and the truth.

Yes, I am the 3rd baby mamma and wife title means nothing without commitment, he's been only with me no double dipping back, no issues or insecurities with that. Where in this communication is there hints of commitment issues?

The last post in this topic was posted 1802 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.