Sign in to follow this  
Big Bear

Master PenFed Quarterly Offers and CLI Process (Pentagon Federal)

I'm attempting to complete this process on my existing card now, but I keep getting an error at one of the final steps.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-04%20at%207.18.5

I called in and I'm listening to hold messages now, including a poorly-worded promo for one of the credit cards where they're describing the rewards as "Five times points on gas... one times point on everything else."

Edited by cv91915

I'm attempting to complete this process on my existing card now, but I keep getting an error at one of the final steps.

I called in and I'm listening to hold messages now, including a poorly-worded promo for one of the credit cards where they're describing the rewards as "Five times points on gas... one times point on everything else."

Looking at the message, I wonder if your current card is a chip and they had this promo for non-chip card?

ETA: that doesn't make any sense either.. never mind

Edited by Krish

That's the exact message I got too... make sure you log out when rep tries to finish it for you. For some reason, it mucks it up onntheir end, if you're still on that page

I got a human who listened to my issue and offered to take it from here. He put me on hold, came back and said they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I refreshed the page, and now the application is in pending status. He's calling the support people back.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-04%20at%207.33.2

Marie, or maria helped me yesterday. After 25 mins we figured out I needed to log out. After that, she finished it up for me in seconds. She said there is something wrong with the link.

My call also lasted 25-30 minutes. They had to manually withdraw my CLI request and manually increase the limit to the new amount. The process is complete.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-04%20at%207.46.4

OOOOOhhhhh....

So do you risk the double dip to get it to 50k? ;)

Congrats...and sorry the process was a pain.

OOOOOhhhhh....

My plan is to watch for reports of people who successfully complete the process with no human intervention, which will by my queue that their issue is fixed. At that point I will attempt this again via their web site.

Is $50k the max?

Edited by cv91915

OOOOOhhhhh....

My plan is to watch for reports of people who successfully complete the process with no human intervention, which will by my queue that their issue is fixed. At that point I will attempt this again via their web site.

Is $50k the max?

Not a bad plan at all.

Yes, 50k is the max for CC.

Almost that time again..... I noticed the FICO score pane at the top of the page has disappeared this morning.

Almost that time again..... I noticed the FICO score pane at the top of the page has disappeared this morning.

Yep, FICO pane is missing.

675, up 5 from last quarter and still no offers either.

Not expecting any offers anytime soon, especially with the BK reporting.

Received an email saying I'm Pre-approved for credit. Logged in and had offers for the first time. I have a Share account, Plat. Cash Rewards and the Plat. Rewards (points) Visa. Also a MM Savings to get the 5% back on cash with the Cash Rewards card.

The offers were $150000 for any time of loan. New/Used car, boat, rv, motorcycle, etc. Also $6000 pre-approval for any of their cards. Since I don't want a new card and I wasn't sure that when selecting the Power Cash Rewards Visa would CLI my existing Platinum Cash Rewards and not convert it (losing the 5% cash back on gas) I chose to CLI my Platinum Rewards Visa. Seems to have worked, its not showing up yet, but I think it has to go through final approval?

Received an email saying I'm Pre-approved for credit. Logged in and had offers for the first time. I have a Share account, Plat. Cash Rewards and the Plat. Rewards (points) Visa. Also a MM Savings to get the 5% back on cash with the Cash Rewards card.

The offers were $150000 for any time of loan. New/Used car, boat, rv, motorcycle, etc. Also $6000 pre-approval for any of their cards. Since I don't want a new card and I wasn't sure that when selecting the Power Cash Rewards Visa would CLI my existing Platinum Cash Rewards and not convert it (losing the 5% cash back on gas) I chose to CLI my Platinum Rewards Visa. Seems to have worked, its not showing up yet, but I think it has to go through final approval?

what do you mean 5% cash back?