Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Master PenFed Quarterly Offers and CLI Process (Pentagon Federal)

This topic pops ups every quarter as we approach the quarterly soft pull offers from PenFed and some members have never seen offers nor applied pre-approval CC offers to current cards as a CLI.

Thanks to ep2015 for providing many of the images for this walk through.

From the main login page the offers, if PenFed has bestowed them upon you for the quarter, will show up along the right side of the screen:

0pxJUqE.png

hTORhLT.jpg

Clicking on the "View all offers" will do just that, bring up all of the offers available to you at this time:

RrMQyI3.png

In the above example, no credit card offers are available. If you have one or more, your list will look more like this:

LHBm3Re.jpg

If you'd like to accept one of the credit card offers as a credit line increase instead of a new tradeline, select the card you already have. The next two pages will ask you if you would like to apply the new available maximum balance to your current card as an increase:

hJCqOuc.jpg

If you'd like to accept one of the credit card offers as a credit line increase instead of a new tradeline, select the card you already have. The next two pages will ask you if you would like to apply the new available maximum balance to your current card as an increase:

hJCqOuc.jpg

Next page:

BtEmtGe.jpg

Select 'increase the limit' if you'd like a CLI versus a new card:

IR8Glp2.jpg

Select the current card you'd like the CLI on:

TxSFOWC.jpg?1

Next page showing future limit:

QV0ef1F.jpg

Next step confirms new limit:

CH8PLBr.jpg

PenFed will still confirm a shipping address, even if you aren't receiving a new card:

aoxfjxg.jpg

Once confirmed, you're all set. Congratulations on the soft pull CLI!

Pzurmxi.jpg

**Please provide feedback and as PenFed updates their website we can try to keep this first post updated accordingly.

All images now posted...please provide feedback as necessary as I may have muddled that up while splitting into multiple posts.

BB, as a new PenFed member, thank you for putting this together and thanks to ep2015 for the screenshots too. I've only been in for two weeks, but I know what to look for next quarter now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The interface surely doesn't make it crystal clear that a CLI is even possible. And the wording as if you're processing a new loan application can be off-putting. But it works, when the option presents itself.

Thanks again to ep for pulling together the screenshots since I wasn't graced with a card offer this time around.

The interface surely doesn't make it crystal clear that a CLI is even possible. And the wording as if you're processing a new loan application can be off-putting. But it works, when the option presents itself.

Thanks again to ep for pulling together the screenshots since I wasn't graced with a card offer this time around.

Another counter-intuitive memberlicious nightmare of a process brought to you by your non-profit credit union.

Edited by cv91915

I am running into an issue when I want to accept the offer using it as an increase on my current Platinum Cash Rewards (5% cash back in gas purchases). After I accept the offer and select that I want an increase on my card, a message tells me that among the terms and conditions my card will be getting just 3% cash back in gas purchases... If I proceed, do you guys think I will start getting only 3% or it is just a kind of standard message that won't change my 5% cash back if I accept? Maybe somebody else has had this issue.

Thanks,

Cesar

I am running into an issue when I want to accept the offer using it as an increase on my current Platinum Cash Rewards (5% cash back in gas purchases). After I accept the offer and select that I want an increase on my card, a message tells me that among the terms and conditions my card will be getting just 3% cash back in gas purchases... If I proceed, do you guys think I will start getting only 3% or it is just a kind of standard message that won't change my 5% cash back if I accept? Maybe somebody else has had this issue.

Thanks,

Cesar

You have to have another product with them to get the 5%. There's a list of eligible products on their web site.

I can't overstate the importance of paying attention during this portion. I was positive I answered all the prompts correctly for a CLI on my existing rewards card. I ended up with two rwards cards and it was a nightmare to get them combined (and the resulting additional credit line removed from my credit reports).

Thanks,

Cesar

You have to have another product with them to get the 5%. There's a list of eligible products on their web site.

DW has been looking into this a checking account may be the easiest depending on your situation. (we may just add her to my card since I'm grandfathered in with the 5%).

I can't overstate the importance of paying attention during this portion. I was positive I answered all the prompts correctly for a CLI on my existing rewards card. I ended up with two rwards cards and it was a nightmare to get them combined (and the resulting additional credit line removed from my credit reports).

That's the credit union differenceTM

I'm not quite sure why, but I don't have the ability to edit any of the original posts. (length of time since posted?)

Very helpful. Thank you!

Anytime.

:lol:

Yeah, I think you only have a half hour (or something close) to edit your post. Admin can for you, though!

Sounds right. There's ones duplicate photo and I'll make changes over time. Perhaps I can just add new posts and have a mod/admin copy paste.

Bump for Q4 offers.

I captured more screenshots (forgot my screen filter was enabled on the tablet so they will be 'grayer' than usual). Will post when I have access to a PC.