Kohls. Forget getting this card for the discounts anymore.

The last post in this topic was posted 1913 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Dyson is excluded from the coupons though. Says so on the coupons I got today anyway. Our old dyson we got 30% off a few years ago but not sure any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely got 30% off with my Dyson but that was like 8 years ago. Even if that's changed you still would get the kohls cash and yes2 rewards

My point remains for a savvy shopper, kohls works. And some of us are quite happy with the store.

If it doesn't work for you, so be it.

Dyson is excluded from the coupons though. Says so on the coupons I got today anyway. Our old dyson we got 30% off a few years ago but not sure any more.

Savvy. :good:

I've mentioned before that Kohls is the king of price manipulation and sales abuse, but at least if you really put your mind to it you could get a somewhat decent deal.

In the past, you waited for a 30% off coupon. Hopefully this coincided with a regular sale. On the rare occasion that the Vinn Diagram worked out, you had two or three days to launch your attack. I'm afraid to say, there is no way to even get Amazon prices any more. And God forbid you don't have a 30% off, you will be royally fleeced.

I had a 30% off to use today and today only. I needed some new running shoes and some Levis. So off to Kohls I go. The Levi's I wanted were $59 buy two get 2nd pair half off (mind you, they cost $45 on Amazon). I have done this before and the 30% off brings them down to a reasonable ~$35 a pair. I then proceed to the shoe department and find an OK pair of Nike's I could live with. $65 on sale for $45. Then I grab a discounted T-shirt ($20 down to $9.99).

At the register she scans the 30% off coupon and announced that my jeans and Nikes are excluded. I would only get $3 off the T-shirt. After bitching she said that pretty much any name brand item is now excluded from the 30% off mailer. It never was that way before. I still got the jeans and shoes for about what Amazon charges so I let it be.

She then gave me my Kohls cash. $20. I got to the car and looked at the receipt. I saw I spent $158 and should have gotten $30 Klohls cash ($10 for every $50 spent). But my pre-tax purchase was $148.99. Missed the mark by $1.01.

I went back in and said I'd like to return the items and re-buy them with an additional T-shirt to get the additional $10 KC. She said that I couldn't re-buy the exact same thing as the inventory would have to be returned to stock and that would take a day or two. Since the jeans and the shoes were literally the last of my size, I sulked off.

There is no getting one over on Kohls anymore folks. Not even for a reasonable deal. I used to recommend this store card as the only one I knew was a deal. I can now not recommend any store card.

Thanks for the rant time!

If you're ever a little short on getting an additional Kohl's cash , keep this in mind. Purchases made the same day will result in the additional Kohl's cash being given on the next purchase.

A few weeks ago , I was at Kohl's and made a purchase and I was only two bucks away from an additional $10 KC . So , the friendly cashier informed me if I made another purchase before the close of business I would get the additional KC after spending the two dollars or whatever it was. Sure enough , I grabbed something that would be two bucks pre tax and after any discounts , and received my $10.

I've mentioned before that Kohls is the king of price manipulation and sales abuse, but at least if you really put your mind to it you could get a somewhat decent deal.

In the past, you waited for a 30% off coupon. Hopefully this coincided with a regular sale. On the rare occasion that the Vinn Diagram worked out, you had two or three days to launch your attack. I'm afraid to say, there is no way to even get Amazon prices any more. And God forbid you don't have a 30% off, you will be royally fleeced.

I had a 30% off to use today and today only. I needed some new running shoes and some Levis. So off to Kohls I go. The Levi's I wanted were $59 buy two get 2nd pair half off (mind you, they cost $45 on Amazon). I have done this before and the 30% off brings them down to a reasonable ~$35 a pair. I then proceed to the shoe department and find an OK pair of Nike's I could live with. $65 on sale for $45. Then I grab a discounted T-shirt ($20 down to $9.99).

At the register she scans the 30% off coupon and announced that my jeans and Nikes are excluded. I would only get $3 off the T-shirt. After bitching she said that pretty much any name brand item is now excluded from the 30% off mailer. It never was that way before. I still got the jeans and shoes for about what Amazon charges so I let it be.

She then gave me my Kohls cash. $20. I got to the car and looked at the receipt. I saw I spent $158 and should have gotten $30 Klohls cash ($10 for every $50 spent). But my pre-tax purchase was $148.99. Missed the mark by $1.01.

I went back in and said I'd like to return the items and re-buy them with an additional T-shirt to get the additional $10 KC. She said that I couldn't re-buy the exact same thing as the inventory would have to be returned to stock and that would take a day or two. Since the jeans and the shoes were literally the last of my size, I sulked off.

There is no getting one over on Kohls anymore folks. Not even for a reasonable deal. I used to recommend this store card as the only one I knew was a deal. I can now not recommend any store card.

If you're ever a little short on getting an additional Kohl's cash , keep this in mind. Purchases made the same day will result in the additional Kohl's cash being given on the next purchase.

A few weeks ago , I was at Kohl's and made a purchase and I was only two bucks away from an additional $10 KC . So , the friendly cashier informed me if I made another purchase before the close of business I would get the additional KC after spending the two dollars or whatever it was. Sure enough , I grabbed something that would be two bucks pre tax and after any discounts , and received my $10.

The key here is "friendly cashier". Mine was not. It's nearly impossible to determine how close you are to reaching a spend threshold when you have no way of knowing what you are paying for something. Exclusions seem to be random and arbitrary. I calculated everything and was off by $42.82 because of what was excluded. Are you that quick at the register to know to buy some hair scrunchies when the cashier isn't on your side. And why should she be? She make $7/hr and works at a shi!tty store.

Edited by clutchcargo

I definitely got 30% off with my Dyson but that was like 8 years ago. Even if that's changed you still would get the kohls cash and yes2 rewards

My point remains for a savvy shopper, kohls works. And some of us are quite happy with the store.

Exactly the point of this thread. You can no longer stack discounts. You can no longer use discounts for any name brand items. The Kohls card and all its discounts are officially useless.

The key here is "friendly cashier". Mine was not. It's nearly impossible to determine how close you are to reaching a spend threshold when you have no way of knowing what you are paying for something. Exclusions seem to be random and arbitrary. I calculated everything and was off by $42.82 because of what was excluded. Are you that quick at the register to know to buy some hair scrunchies when the cashier isn't on your side. And why should she be? She make $7/hr and works at a shi!tty store.

Well, for future reference you know that you can make an additional purchase that day if you want the extra Kohl's cash.

If the store is so Chocolate Goodness , why are you shopping there ?

I had no idea they still made hair scrunchies , I haven't seen those since the 90's.

Also , most stores have exclusions to their % off coupons , Kohl's is no different. The key to getting a good deal is to know the store policy for any coupons you are using beforehand , that way there's no issue at the register .

https://cs.kohls.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1086/~/exclusions

Edited by parisamour

Exactly the point of this thread. You can no longer stack discounts. You can no longer use discounts for any name brand items. The Kohls card and all its discounts are officially useless.

+1

In most cases, you come out ahead using a combination of discounted gift cards purchases with the rewards card of your choice and rewards cards vs store cards.

I'm not saying the Kohls cash comes at no cost.. I'm just saying there are circumstances where you're either coming out ahead or at least close to what you could get it elsewhere for--but you've got the convenience of buying it in a brick and mortar store where it's something that you can see, feel, touch, and smell. lol!

It's all about perceived value, and they give their shoppers a perceived value by potentially upcharging on products and then giving you a discount so that you feel like you're getting more for your money.

I'm not saying the Kohls cash comes at no cost.. I'm just saying there are circumstances where you're either coming out ahead or at least close to what you could get it elsewhere for--but you've got the convenience of buying it in a brick and mortar store where it's something that you can see, feel, touch, and smell. lol!

It's all about perceived value, and they give their shoppers a perceived value by potentially upcharging on products and then giving you a discount so that you feel like you're getting more for your money.

There will always be a market to serve the unsophisticated consumer and the dull-of-mind.

That's why cars are sold for "only $X a month," and why there is a season 10 of Cupcake Wars.

You'll find me elsewhere. :wave:

Picture0004_zpsyhl8x2er.png

The last post in this topic was posted 1913 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.