bigpoppa09

MyFako Condones this Crap

29 minutes ago, pacemaker67 said:

The old Rusty Trombone?

That would be a great radio name.  

"And now, Rusty Trombone with traffic..."

On 1/9/2020 at 2:31 PM, hegemony said:

hmmmm, save money or take a hard pull... idiots.

"The dealer financing will be a bit better but the cu saves me a HP.  Decisions, decisions.."

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Credit-union-or-dealer-incentive-financing/td-p/5870189

😕

When I got my loan I went with the 3.84% from BOA vs the 0% from Hyundai.  Why?  Because with the BOA loan I got the 3500 in rebates and it made my payments lower and cost of the loan overall lower with interest.

cost of the loan at 3.84 lower than zero %?

OP then rationalizes that

The difference in payments is $15. So yes I understand that it will cost me more but my score doesn't tank15 points ( according to the simulator)

HAHAHAHA payment buyer AND using STIMULATOR to make financial decisions!!!!!!!

Edited by hegemony

12 hours ago, hegemony said:

😕

With people like this around, I expect that we have more bountiful SUBs out there for the rest of us.

I hope all of them eventually learn to not be slaves to paying interest.

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

Somebody need to dub "Oh Discover!" into this youtube video and submit it ...

Damned, meth is one helluva powerful drug!  

13 hours ago, Big Bear said:

With people like this around, I expect that we have more bountiful SUBs out there for the rest of us.

I hope all of them eventually learn to not be slaves to paying interest.

On the contrary, BB, I hope they stay as interest-payers world without end, now and forever ... Amen.  The more interest-paying Neanderthals out there roaming free, the better our SUBS, the lower our APRs and the more laughs we get.  For me, humor and money are important.  

On 1/11/2020 at 9:11 PM, PotO said:

On the contrary, BB, I hope they stay as interest-payers world without end, now and forever ... Amen.  The more interest-paying Neanderthals out there roaming free, the better our SUBS, the lower our APRs and the more laughs we get.  For me, humor and money are important.  

Preach!

On 1/10/2020 at 6:41 PM, hegemony said:

😕

the gift that keeps on giving...

yes the  math works out to be very close either way.  as i t turns out though teh better half has decided on a used lincoln mkc rather than the new niro

LOL

On 1/11/2020 at 10:11 PM, PotO said:

ha! The gifts that keep on giving (to us). :)

11 hours ago, Big Bear said:

ha! The gifts that keep on giving (to us). :)

Had some jokers in my unit who were "fortunate" enough to receive the gift that keeps on giving after a brief training mission for our LBBs in the Philippines.  Upon their return Stateside, had to restrict them to the barracks to keep them all from turning into a regular old Santa Claus.  Kind of strange how our unit's pink-flower-jacketed boys never got any gifts.  

5 hours ago, PotO said:

Had some jokers in my unit who were "fortunate" enough to receive the gift that keeps on giving after a brief training mission for our LBBs in the Philippines.  Upon their return Stateside, had to restrict them to the barracks to keep them all from turning into a regular old Santa Claus.  Kind of strange how our unit's pink-flower-jacketed boys never got any gifts.  

Does this imply that we should know how you stayed "safe"? ...

1 hour ago, hdporter said:

Does this imply that we should know how you stayed "safe"? ...

I don't wear pink-flowered jackets or high heels.  I stay safe by keeping my zipper zipped.  Sure, there were a whole herd of purdy LBSs, but when you think with the big head and not the little one you realize that, ethics, morality and marital fidelity aside, there is just too much that can go wrong.  

I might have a home in Vegas, but I don't gamble.  

On 1/5/2020 at 1:08 PM, hegemony said:

from a "Super Contributor"

This bad advice is often encouraged by the moderators on there as well.

Edited by mdcrabber

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! NO MONEY DOWN!!!!

APPROVING BANK: Credit Union of Richmond
BUREAU PULLED: equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 630
SOFT PULL/HARD PULL: hard
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: va
NEW/USED: used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2017
MAKE: Acura
MODEL: rdx
MILEAGE: 57k
FINANCE/LEASE: finance
PURCHASE PRICE: 25814
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 25814

TERM CONTRACTED: 84
APR/LEASE RATE: 7.74
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 400
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 30%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: not pleased about the length of loan. Probably will refinance. I was focused on the payment since I just bought a house 6 months ago.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:25 PM, hegemony said:

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: not pleased about the length of loan. Probably will refinance. I was focused on the payment since I just bought a house 6 months ago.

Payment shoppers crack me up...they NEVER stop to think about the consequences.  And to "probably" refinance says they NEVER will.  That negative equity will just get rolled into the next car loan, which will ALSO have horrid rates. 

That $25K loan is something that could be paid in less than two years without a whole lot of effort.  I had that much of my balance done in roughly 18 months on the F-Type and felt bad I hadn't paid more of it off. 

84 months of 7.74%APR!?

Dealership: "Sit and spin."

ThatGuy: "Where do I sign?"

Definitely zero thought into how old that car will be when he/she never refinances. 

WTF is this?

from an
"Epic Contributor "

So today I went to Costco and purchased a new couch which I had brought one of my credit union credit cards to put it on but it was denied at register (figured fraud but turned out I had an old card that they had shut not a new one they sent... oops) While at register I was like you know what I'll put it on Nordstrom and than just BT to the credit union with no fee and earn the Nordstrom rewards... Card went through no issues. $3900. I leave and go to my next stop and stick my Nordstrom in and decline... I'm like okay now fraud, odd they didn't text or call.  I use Amex and walk out the store and call Nordstrom and she says a HOLD has been placed on your account and it might be 30 days.  I'm like a hell to the no! she was being kind of shady and short with answers that didn't work for me so I kept pushing back... and she finally put me on hold to talk to a supervisor and came back and said someone would call me in 24-48 hours but until than my card was shut off.

Well about 30 minutes later I received a call from a Denver number and it was Nordstrom Manager and she said they completed the financial review and my account was unlocked but that because I had requested a CLI twice in 1 year it triggered the manual review.

I was like but my credit is so much better now and I feel more credit is due!

She suggested I leave it alone for 6+ months before asking for any further increases even though things were much better.

Fine! LOL

I'm at $6k currently btw.

someone thinks s/he is rich but is mistaken.

How long to refinance?
I recently went through a break up that made me go from 200K+ a year in income to just around 100k by myself. We have 3000 a month in car payments. A 2019 BMW M5 and a 2019 Mercedes C63s. I sold the Mercedes which was a lease that was 1350 a month and paid 10k in negative equity. for my Jaguar F-Type which was a finance and at 50k 6.99% interests @72 month. Mind you I had the BMW still on my report that which had 87k still owed on it from 105 at the start. Now my ex paid off the negative equity in the BMW and sold it recently. Should come off my report in February or March. I got the Jag back in November. My only debt is the Jag, 27k if a personal loan, 1500 on a student loan and 1% utilization on credit cards with 167,000 in total limits. My oldest account is 7 years my Average age of credit is 3.3 years. I have a collections for 1500 which I refuse to pay. It’s 3 years old and it really hasn’t affected me lately. When I got my FICO 8 from Goldman Sachs when I got the personal Loan it was a 758TU. My FICO 4 was in the low 700s. Plus I’m hoping to get a nice jump when the BMW comes off my report. My bill is 410 principal and 450 interests. I want to get that down to 3.5% if possible. Which is the best provider for refinancing and how long should I wait after the BMW comes off.

I also have 5 paid of auto loans in the last 7 years for additional data points

42 minutes ago, hegemony said:

WTF is this?

from an
"Epic Idiot"

FTFY

I don't know about y'all, but I've got enough plastic to make Mattel jealous and I've never mistakenly put an expired or replaced card in my wallet.  There's this simple little ritual when a new card arrives: Get the old one, activate the new one, shred the old one.  Works every time.

And WTF puts a large purchase on a Nordie to get good rewards?

A BT?  They can't pay off their purchase and need to carry a balance?  A $4,000 couch???

Ok, three strikes and that turd is out.  @centex, if you do BKs, shoot that turd a message.  He's your next client.  

52 minutes ago, hegemony said:

someone is re ... -- Ooppsss, can't use the word here -- and there is no mistake about it.

FTFY

Hege, you are too kind lately :)

The reason they went through a breakup is because their ex realized (a) what a Neanderthal they were and jumped ship before they were dragged into a BK and living under a bridge abutment, (b) they realized it's better a spouse with a 6" richard and a 1" ego instead of vice versa or (c) didn't want to continue paying for their psychiatric care and the eventual lobotomy.  

@centex you should contact this guy.  He's another potential client for you.