Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

MyFako Condones this Crap

36 minutes ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

He should have bought a Tesla Cybertruck. It would have only cost him $100 now and he could have paid off his first one by the time he actually got the new vehicle. LOL

And amassed quite the savings account afterwards while waiting for the smoke and mirrors to actually clear so a vehicle could appear...meanwhile the company reaps the rewards on a vehicle that will never likely never come to fruition.

BI-Weekly Car payments does it help?

Hello, 

Wondering if making bi-weekly payments is better and if it will reduce the interst I pay. Below are my car payments. Backstory filed chapter 7 and discharge 7/19. 

NISSAN Financial 

2018 Pathfiner 

$598.18 owe 32,039.82 apr 2.9% 

Toyota Finacial 

2018 Corolla

$546.72 owe 21,180.64 apr 16.84%

WTH? just out of BK and on the path to BK 2.0

18 hours ago, hegemony said:

WTH? just out of BK and on the path to BK 2.0

They shoulda just gotten themselves a few tradelines and stuck with that. Getting TWO cars right out of BK? Really? And at that horrible APR. Get outta here. 

Talk about learning nothing from the experience. Makes me sick. 

Edited by greenpotatochips

let's encourage stupid!!!!

[note: scores in the 500s]

Established Member

‎12-21-2019 06:18 PM

3rd party luxury car dealer
Just came back from a MB/BMW (mostly) used car dealer. I told them I had some negative equity and some cash for them. They had me fill out an application on their site and want me to come First thing Monday. (My mom had to be present to sign off my Honda ) .

Do 3rd party dealers run different credit?

He sounded confident saying he could get me in the car of my choice (335i MSport 2013 97k) 16000$ msrp with 4500 neg equity.

They didn’t run my credit but said they would view my app and make a decision.

How does that work?

On 12/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, hegemony said:

let's encourage stupid!!!!

[note: scores in the 500s]

There is some excellent advice in that forum as well, (I.E car mechanics politely saying you're a salamander if you buy this). Let's see what happens.

Edited by scott31337

tl/dr: I need to borrow money for my toys

WF CC, Harley Loans, and the challenge I have.
This is gonna be a long story, and I’ll do my best to keep it short. But, I need some advice.

Current scores (Both Wife and me): Tr: around 710 Eq: around 700 Ex: around 680.

Wife has a WF CC with a 0% interest promotional rate that is due to expire next month. In addition, we are going to purchase two Harleys at around $30K total either in January or February (more than likely.).

Once the 0% interest promotion expires, she wants to get a rewards card through WF. She went into the branch and asked if she could transfer the card from the 0% interest to the rewards card, and the banker told her that she would need to apply for a new card. But, we really don’t want to apply for a new card at this time because we will be applying for the bike loans and we don’t want it to look like we are trying to get more credit than what we need.

So, questions I have. Should she go ahead and apply for the WF card, hope that she gets approved, and move forward? Should we wait until after getting the bikes to apply for the card? How will applying for the card before and after the Harleys affect our scores?

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

APPROVING BANK: Ally
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 654

SOFT PULL/HARD PULL:  HARD
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: GA
NEW/USED: USED
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2016
MAKE: BMW
MODEL: I3

MILEAGE:7826
FINANCE/LEASE: Finance

PURCHASE PRICE: 15982
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 
TERM CONTRACTED: 36
APR/LEASE RATE:12.2

MONTHLY PAYMENT:
ANNUAL INCOME: 115000

DEBT TO INCOME RATIO:1%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:

I was surprised to get a 12% loan. I filed BK and it was DC on 11/06.   Since then I applied for a credit card with Mission Lane, approved for 1000 LC,  piggybacked on wife AMEX 8500 LC.  Slow but surely rebuilding.

25 minutes ago, PotO said:

12%.  I have better APRs on credit cards.  

and surprised at 12% right out of BK and with two new trades.

At least they were smart enough to keep it at three years...hope the are smart enough to make something other than the minimum payments.  Claiming $115K in annual income, they should be able to clear that inside of a year to a year and a half...

With the claimed 1% DTI, I would typically say less than one year, but I won't discount the possibility that they are actually putting funds into some sort of retirement account.

what bag?

Re: Goldman Sachs Bank Loses $1.2 Billion in Interest Rate Derivative Bets

Interesting comments from them as they lose this money. I have decided to pull my money from their high rate savings and go elsewhere, not going to be caught holding the bag.

so reading the terms for the products isn't enough to make a thoughtful comparison>?

Mastercard Luxery Black - Approved

So I had recently applied for the Luxery Black card as I want to do a full on comparison between the CSR, Black and the Amex Platinum card as they both have exeptional travel benifits.  I have a trip in April I will be using the Black Card for and will try and post some results. This card has 2 cent per point airfair redeption but only a $100 annual Travel credit.  Please Note if anyone applys for the Luxery cards you will have to call to find out your appoval status,  I have yet to hear of anyone getting an Istant apporval for these cards.  

Edited by hegemony

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

so reading the terms for the products isn't enough to make a thoughtful comparison>?

Considering that they couldn't spell worth a damn, it would seem that the answer is 'no.' LOL!

5 hours ago, hegemony said:

was not expecting post of the year for 2020 on the first day...

I'm mad at CapitalOne - does anyone know of credit card that lets you put your pic on front of card?

I think CapOne did the world a favor by eliminating that feature.  They saved store clerks everywhere from having to look at his pointy little head, toothless grin and foggy meth-eyes over and over again.  I'm sure they had nightmares after seeing it.  

On 12/31/2019 at 2:22 PM, hegemony said:

LOL they spelled luxury "luxery," which to me sounds like a mixture of misery and luxury. BTW, a high annual fee card with almost no benefits issued by Barclays sounds like more misery than luxury.

17 hours ago, hegemony said:

was not expecting post of the year for 2020 on the first day...

I'm mad at CapitalOne - does anyone know of credit card that lets you put your pic on front of card?

Surprised that they viewed a monthly option as "excessive" but seemed to have no compunction about demanding that the issuer print a new piece of plastic multiple times per year.  To say nothing of having a family photo on the card, which is not really what the goal of the photo cards was at the time of roll-out...especially for a business card. 

But, salamanders gotta salamander. 

11 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

LOL they spelled luxury "luxery," which to me sounds like a mixture of misery and luxury. BTW, a high annual fee card with almost no benefits issued by Barclays sounds like more misery than luxury.

And they did so MULTIPLE times.  Once is a typo.  Multiple times is indicia of an idiot...and proof of the failings of the education system.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:21 AM, centex said:

failings of the education system.

I am not aware of an educational system that can address aptitude.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I am not aware of an educational system that can address aptitude.

LART.

Where I work we have a virtually fail-proof system to adjust attitude.  Join up and become a man. ;)

Edited by PotO

good rate with a BK but 72 months and an aspirational brand is the path to a new BK

APPROVING BANK: Infiniti Financial Services
BUREAU PULLED: Experian
CREDIT SCORE: 650
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCESmiley TongueA
NEW/USED:New
YEAR OF VEHICLE:2019
MAKE:Infiniti
MODEL:Q50  
MILEAGE:16  
RETAIL/LEASE:Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN:44,000
TERM CONTRACTED:72 months