Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

MyFako Condones this Crap

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

someone may have lied about income!!!!

That, too.

But then why would AmEx FR you if you make a big purchase?  You have a credit limit of X, and spend X or less, what's the big deal?

4 hours ago, PotO said:

But then why would AmEx FR you if you make a big purchase?  You have a credit limit of X, and spend X or less, what's the big deal?

This may be due to his score continuing to decline.

Amex soft you weekly sometimes two in a week.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:28 AM, MP80 said:

This may be due to his score continuing to decline.

Amex soft you weekly sometimes two in a week.

Mhmmm. They certainly do. I think the most underrated part of the credit world is the soft inquiry section on people's reports. You can learn so much from it and most people ignore it. 

54 minutes ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

Mhmmm. They certainly do. I think the most underrated part of the credit world is the soft inquiry section on people's reports. You can learn so much from it and most people ignore it. 

When creditors browse your credit report that triggers a performs function according to a predetermined set of coded instructions, especially one capable of a range of programmed responses to different circumstances and find that certain unusual activities make them feel uncomfortable, their algorithms immediately respond to the threat of the risk exposure they are taken, targeting. The first instinct is to monitor your reports like an eagle. If you're the lender, wouldn't you do something similar?

29 minutes ago, MP80 said:

When creditors browse your credit report that triggers a performs function according to a predetermined set of coded instructions, especially one capable of a range of programmed responses to different circumstances and find that certain unusual activities make them feel uncomfortable, their algorithms immediately respond to the threat of the risk exposure they are taken, targeting. The first instinct is to monitor your reports like an eagle. If you're the lender, wouldn't you do something similar?

That's the point I was making. Consumers need to be watching this area to see who is watching them, how often, and for what purpose. I am also a big advocate of checking and disputing all of the minor CRAs that collect data (Sagestream, LexisNexis, CoreLogic, PRBC, Clarity Services, Early Warning Services, DataX, NCTUE, and others). Once you see all the crap they are collecting, it really starts to get you thinking about data privacy and where much of it comes from. In cases of inaccurate, outlier data, you can often see which companies are sending what data and straight up copying it from other sources.

Edited by RehabbingANDBlabbing

1 hour ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

That's the point I was making. Consumers need to be watching this area to see who is watching them, how often, and for what purpose. I am also a big advocate of checking and disputing all of the minor CRAs that collect data (Sagestream, LexisNexis, CoreLogic, PRBC, Clarity Services, Early Warning Services, DataX, NCTUE, and others). Once you see all the crap they are collecting, it really starts to get you thinking about data privacy and where much of it comes from. In cases of inaccurate, outlier data, you can often see which companies are sending what data and straight up copying it from other sources.

Usually, you don't see these soft inquiries layouts in online subscriptions like Credit Karma.

When a violation occurs on Equifax, Equifax will provide the TrustedID program online for you to view a feasible description of the soft inquiries. However, since the TrustedID program has been terminated and monitoring has been transferred to Experian, Experian's soft inquiries is no longer a viable source, It is merely a monitoring program, which is unfortunate. Therefore, I suggest that the Big Three be the main focus, and it's too much of a hassle and trouble to accommodate up to 20 to 30 smaller entities. Just my 2 cents.

4 hours ago, MP80 said:

Usually, you don't see these soft inquiries layouts in online subscriptions like Credit Karma.

When a violation occurs on Equifax, Equifax will provide the TrustedID program online for you to view a feasible description of the soft inquiries. However, since the TrustedID program has been terminated and monitoring has been transferred to Experian, Experian's soft inquiries is no longer a viable source, It is merely a monitoring program, which is unfortunate. Therefore, I suggest that the Big Three be the main focus, and it's too much of a hassle and trouble to accommodate up to 20 to 30 smaller entities. Just my 2 cents.

If you subscribe to EQ Credit Monitoring you can see soft INQ.  Same with EX Credit Works.  TU is the outlier.  

1 hour ago, PotO said:

If you subscribe to EQ Credit Monitoring you can see soft INQ.  Same with EX Credit Works.  TU is the outlier.  

Thanks! I got Experian for free to refresh my monthly credit report. But no experience using CreditWorks. I now have everything I need. As long as the status is locked to deny access to the credit reports of all three bureaus, there should be sufficient security. In addition, you need all creditors to provide monthly updates, so you do n’t have to pay for any subscriptions at all unless an emergency occurs.

Regarding soft inquiries, I will pull Equifax every 6 months to get a free access report. The other two TransUnion and Experian will depend on which credit grantor I apply to credit for a free report. I can also visit freeannualcreditreport.com every year so I can get credit reports from these three sites. A plentitude of access no sweat!

FWIW. Beside AR by your creditor, people with good credit will only see promotional soft inquiries, and many of them, only those with poor credit need to look carefully at these soft inquiries.

34 minutes ago, MP80 said:

FWIW. Beside AR by your creditor, people with good credit will only see promotional soft inquiries, and many of them, only those with poor credit need to look carefully at these soft inquiries.

I think everybody should pay attention to soft INQs.  

I like to keep track of PRM INQs so I don't miss any give-aways, but I also find knowing who softs where to be a useful piece of the puzzle.  And also I would have never known that US Bank softs you regularly even though you only have a simple checking account with them.  It's good to know who is spying on you.

Edited by PotO

35 minutes ago, PotO said:

I think everybody should pay attention to soft INQs.  

I like to keep track of PRM INQs so I don't miss any give-aways, but I also find knowing who softs where to be a useful piece of the puzzle.  And also I would have never known that US Bank softs you regularly even though you only have a simple checking account with them.  It's good to know who is spying on you.

To be blunt, I have no other financial institution that monitors it once or twice a month except for American Express Bank.

36 minutes ago, MP80 said:

To be blunt, I have no other financial institution that monitors it once or twice a month except for American Express Bank.

Then you are obviously a credit novice.

55 minutes ago, PotO said:

Then you are obviously a credit novice.

Without the insidious irony of American Express, I don't care what others think of Abecedarian or Greenhorn and me. Pertaining to American Express (Amex) or any entity that monitors my reports, as there are no derogations or debts there!  :lol:

Edited by MP80

1 hour ago, MP80 said:

Without the insidious irony of American Express, I don't care what others think of Abecedarian or Greenhorn and me. Pertaining to American Express (Amex) or any entity that monitors my reports, as there are no derogations or debts there!  :lol:

Yes, without a doubt a credit novice.  

1 hour ago, PotO said:

Yes, without a doubt a credit novice.  

Haha ... As long as someone has $ 50,000 in credit and assets, trust me, he is no stranger to credit. Only a Grand Poobah or top dog, big fish and muckamuck think otherwise. Haha...  :D

3 hours ago, MP80 said:

Haha ... As long as someone has $ 50,000 in credit and assets, trust me, he is no stranger to credit. Only a Grand Poobah or top dog, big fish and muckamuck think otherwise. Haha...  :D

$50,000?

You must be on food stamps.  😂

6 hours ago, PotO said:

$50,000?

You must be on food stamps.  😂

I think you need to apply for eligibility to be a food stamp recipient. A $ 50K credit portfolio will not disqualify an applicant, instead, a $ 50K asset will certainly will.

I also believe that in this forum, many people who have been filed for BK have applied for food stamps in the dark days, and I regret this.

8 hours ago, MP80 said:

I think you need to apply for eligibility to be a food stamp recipient. A $ 50K credit portfolio will not disqualify an applicant, instead, a $ 50K asset will certainly will.

I'm sure writing / reading a coherent sentence must be a struggle for you still.  So, let me dumb this down for you.  Even in China ¥355,000 in limits is laughable.  It puts you firmly in the category of 傻B。  

Edited by PotO

APPROVING BANK: Ford Motor Credit
BUREAU PULLED: EX, TU
CREDIT SCORE: FICO Auto 8 TU (706) EX (675)

SOFT PULL/HARD PULL: HP
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: CA
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2019
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Edge SEL 
MILEAGE: 37
FINANCE/LEASE: Financed

PURCHASE PRICE: $37,741
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $40,263
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 months
APR/LEASE RATE: Zero (0) percent APR
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $671
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Traded in my 2018 Ford F-150 which I had financed a year ago at zero (0) percent APR. Remaining negative equity largely covered by manufacturer incentives on new Edge. Ford is one of the few auto companies to offer both significant price incentives (rebates) and zero (0) percent financing at the same time.

even at 0% stupid is as stupid does.

36 minutes ago, hegemony said:

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Traded in my 2018 Ford F-150 which I had financed a year ago at zero (0) percent APR. Remaining negative equity largely covered by manufacturer incentives on new Edge. Ford is one of the few auto companies to offer both significant price incentives (rebates) and zero (0) percent financing at the same time.

Three key words: Ford.  California.  myFUCCO.

Edited by PotO

Been a few months since I've posted. Been in the real "garden" unlike many of them. For the most part, no new inquiries for me since early September, and still don't see much I'd want to apply for. Since I'm also still in the process of credit repair (so far so good, some of my accounts are starting to come off and round 2 was sent out a few weeks ago) and developing my business credit (and working on my own businesses and helping out a friend with his), I just wanna let the stuff that I have now do the job and keep it up. There's only 1 or 2 cards I'd even want at all right now, and that's that. 

Man these MyFico people are out of their mind. There's a few pages on there that actually have decent information only to be ruined by the moronic, impulsive posts I don't miss whatsoever. What else have I missed? 

Edited by greenpotatochips

4 hours ago, PotO said:

I'm sure writing / reading a coherent sentence must be a struggle for you still.  So, let me dumb this down for you.  Even in China ¥355,000 in limits is laughable.  It puts you firmly in the category of 傻B。

Haha ... yes, sir, of course, sir, absolutely, sir. carry on. carry on. Haha ... Mom's gift to you is so accurate. Now, remember to continue your theatrical tirade drama performance so that we at CB can enjoy your contribution.:lol:

14 hours ago, hegemony said:

At 0%, there is precisely ZERO reason why a prudent purchaser would not have been right-side up inside of a year.  Even just rounding up to the next $250 or $500 to make an even amount would have had them well on the way to an early pay-off, or at least NOT being upside down a year into the note.   In other words, with the example of the $671 payment, that ought to be AT LEAST $750 or a $1K payment every month.  

Clearly, THAT one was NOT a prudent purchaser...

16 hours ago, hegemony said:

Where is he going to mount the hitch?