bigpoppa09

MyFako Condones this Crap

OMJG....how did I miss this gem...

Why aren't there more "cool" CC designs?

Like many of you on here, I personally don't care what a CC looks like, as the benefits it provides are paramount to everything else IMO. I think many of us though are in the minority here, where a large majority of people out there do care about CC aesthetics. It's true of any product really. People like things that look good, unique, or stand out. For this reason and in terms of simple marketing, I'm surprised that there aren't more "cool" CC designs out there. I don't really know how to define "cool" for the sake of this discussion, but basically anything that could set a card apart from the competitors. There are people out there that app for cards based on how they look. You'll catch occasional threads mentioning someone getting a card because it was metal, for example, or because they liked the design. These types of things may appeal more to the younger generation, perhaps those entering the credit world, because they have yet to really learn the ins and outs of card benefits and base their decisions on looks over anything else. That being said, it would seem to me that if a CCC wanted to attract more customers they could do so by designing a unique looking card.

I think Discover is a good example of a CCC that kind of keeps up with this sort of thing. You get to pick from about 50 different card designs. Discover seems to come out with a new option at least a few times per year. While some of us don't care about this sort of stuff, many do, as evidenced by threads announcing a new card design or color being available and many respond saying they plan to get one.

Anyway, the point of this thread really is just to ask why we don't see more of this. As an outsider looking in, I would think the additional customers and additional profit that could be had from a little better card marketing in terms of aesthetics would more than outweigh the cost of providing a different option. That's just my take on it, though.

OMJG....how did I miss this gem...

Why aren't there more "cool" CC designs?

Like many of you on here, I personally don't care what a CC looks like, as the benefits it provides are paramount to everything else IMO. I think many of us though are in the minority here, where a large majority of people out there do care about CC aesthetics. It's true of any product really. People like things that look good, unique, or stand out. For this reason and in terms of simple marketing, I'm surprised that there aren't more "cool" CC designs out there. I don't really know how to define "cool" for the sake of this discussion, but basically anything that could set a card apart from the competitors. There are people out there that app for cards based on how they look. You'll catch occasional threads mentioning someone getting a card because it was metal, for example, or because they liked the design. These types of things may appeal more to the younger generation, perhaps those entering the credit world, because they have yet to really learn the ins and outs of card benefits and base their decisions on looks over anything else. That being said, it would seem to me that if a CCC wanted to attract more customers they could do so by designing a unique looking card.

I think Discover is a good example of a CCC that kind of keeps up with this sort of thing. You get to pick from about 50 different card designs. Discover seems to come out with a new option at least a few times per year. While some of us don't care about this sort of stuff, many do, as evidenced by threads announcing a new card design or color being available and many respond saying they plan to get one.

Anyway, the point of this thread really is just to ask why we don't see more of this. As an outsider looking in, I would think the additional customers and additional profit that could be had from a little better card marketing in terms of aesthetics would more than outweigh the cost of providing a different option. That's just my take on it, though.

There priorities are backwards.

I need advice on what I should do with my credit

Hello everyone! I love this website because it has taught me so much but now I need to see how I'm doing and what my next steps should be. I feel like I should close some of my cards but I want some advice first. This is my current credit profile

1. Citi Costco-0/8,500 Aug 29th 2016
  2. Discover IT-6,500/7,000 (lots of christmas shopping but it's all on 0%) Nov 29th 2016
  3. Amex Blue Delta-0/5,000 Jun 7th 2017
  4. Amex Everyday-0/5,000 Dec 23rd 2016
  5. Amex Blue Cash Preferred-0/3,000 Mar 13th 2017
  6. Chase Amazon Prime-0/3,500 Mar 20th 2017
  7. Citi BestBuy-0/800(had it at one point at three thousand and I closed it then reapplied when I had a lot of inquiries and new accounts) Sept 29th 2017
  8. JcPenney-0/600 Oct 26th 2017
  9. Kohl's-0/300 Oct 26th 2017
  10. Blispay-909.87/4,000 Mar 10 2017
  11. CapOne BuyPower-200/3,000 Jun 12th 2017
  12. Ashley Furniture-2,731/7,500 Aug 9th 2017 (not for everyday use so I don't sweat the balance. Minimum payments for the next 18 months)
  13. CareCredit-2,525/12,000 Oct 23rd 2017 (don't really count this one either because I see it as more of a loan than a card. 18 months of 0%)
  14. 37,666.38 auto loan May 15th 2017 3.49% 84months
  15. 35,208.92 auto loan May 19th 2017 5.74% 84months

I feel like I want to close JcPenney , Kohl's, and BestBuy. Also thinking about closing the BuyPower and Blispay cards since those won't grow. I want to know how you guys think I'm doing and if you have any comments on my plans and also if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

Wow! Talk about the shotgun approach to credit. Throw in a little bit of delusion and you're all set for a collapsing house of cards!

I need advice on what I should do with my credit

Hello everyone! I love this website because it has taught me so much but now I need to see how I'm doing and what my next steps should be. I feel like I should close some of my cards but I want some advice first. This is my current credit profile

1. Citi Costco-0/8,500 Aug 29th 2016
  2. Discover IT-6,500/7,000 (lots of christmas shopping but it's all on 0%) Nov 29th 2016
  3. Amex Blue Delta-0/5,000 Jun 7th 2017
  4. Amex Everyday-0/5,000 Dec 23rd 2016
  5. Amex Blue Cash Preferred-0/3,000 Mar 13th 2017
  6. Chase Amazon Prime-0/3,500 Mar 20th 2017
  7. Citi BestBuy-0/800(had it at one point at three thousand and I closed it then reapplied when I had a lot of inquiries and new accounts) Sept 29th 2017
  8. JcPenney-0/600 Oct 26th 2017
  9. Kohl's-0/300 Oct 26th 2017
  10. Blispay-909.87/4,000 Mar 10 2017
  11. CapOne BuyPower-200/3,000 Jun 12th 2017
  12. Ashley Furniture-2,731/7,500 Aug 9th 2017 (not for everyday use so I don't sweat the balance. Minimum payments for the next 18 months)
  13. CareCredit-2,525/12,000 Oct 23rd 2017 (don't really count this one either because I see it as more of a loan than a card. 18 months of 0%)
  14. 37,666.38 auto loan May 15th 2017 3.49% 84months
  15. 35,208.92 auto loan May 19th 2017 5.74% 84months

I feel like I want to close JcPenney , Kohl's, and BestBuy. Also thinking about closing the BuyPower and Blispay cards since those won't grow. I want to know how you guys think I'm doing and if you have any comments on my plans and also if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

Wow! Talk about the shotgun approach to credit. Throw in a little bit of delusion and you're all set for a collapsing house of cards!

Damn. 2 car notes for pretty big amounts both at 84 months :swoon: They will be perpetually underwater.

And how does one do $6,500 worth of christmas shopping? Even at 0% that's an f-ton to get out from under.

They have more problems than deciding which card to close. I'm sure the answers were just as good as the question.

They are buying 2 much car if they had to go 84 months to make payments work.

Word!

I did 60 and was cringing at even that. Payments won't last 60 months, but I shudder at having an 84 month note.

There weren't many responses yet as it's a freshy

There are answers now and some of them are doozies.

I'm the priorites one....the OP didn't take too kindly to me saying that.

And the reason for the 2 car notes is even doozier.

LMAO! You got double dinged with the whole MFFF FSR crap and then....

I know that I did ask for that and it was more of that one guy putting "priorities" at the end in a smart flowers kind of way. That kind of ticked me off. I haven't paid much interest if any at all. Any card that I have carried a balance on has been a zero percent card. My credit history isn't very long as I am only 21 years old soon to be 22 in February.

One is mine and the other is my moms. Both under my name only. I also pay for both. Mothers day gift.

Then it gets weird.... why is a 21yo buying a vehicle for someone else?

SMH....

LMAO! You got double dinged with the whole MFFF FSR crap and then....

I know that I did ask for that and it was more of that one guy putting "priorities" at the end in a smart flowers kind of way. That kind of ticked me off. I haven't paid much interest if any at all. Any card that I have carried a balance on has been a zero percent card. My credit history isn't very long as I am only 21 years old soon to be 22 in February.

One is mine and the other is my moms. Both under my name only. I also pay for both. Mothers day gift.

Then it gets weird.... why is a 21yo buying a vehicle for someone else?

SMH....

I was going to ask that and then decided not to because I didn't feel like getting banned today. I still may though.

I already have 2 warnings over there.

They are buying 2 much car if they had to go 84 months to make payments work.

Plus eleven million one hundred sixty three thousand nine hundred ninety nine.

At the rate we are going it won't take us 84 months to pay off the house we bought in 2014.

I was going to ask that and then decided not to because I didn't feel like getting banned today. I still may though.

I already have 2 warnings over there.

Getting banned is a good thing over there. I had my share of timeouts until they just said screw it and permanently in their mind banned me. It's not hard to circumvent it though :)

Here's another poor soul that's not quite up to speed on how Amex works....

Approved for SPG! But I can't transfer CL from my ED :(

After three months with my ED (which has already been bumped from the SL of $2000 to $6000), yesterday I applied for an SPG with the intention to start using it as my daily driver. I got the 14 day message. I called Amex and all they needed was to verify my phone number. Instantly approved for a SL of $1000. My intention was to transfer most of the CL from the ED to the SPG... But I just found out that in order to do it, the card has to be at least 13 months old...

So the bad news are, I'm stuck with the $1000 for at least 2 months until I can apply to bump it up to $3000

Someone's not going to be a happy camper in 2 months when they get denied because it hasn't been 6 months since the previous CLI..... not to mention 3 X 6 is better than 3 x 1... if only they would take the blinders off already.

Here's another poor soul that's not quite up to speed on how Amex works....

Approved for SPG! But I can't transfer CL from my ED :(

After three months with my ED (which has already been bumped from the SL of $2000 to $6000), yesterday I applied for an SPG with the intention to start using it as my daily driver. I got the 14 day message. I called Amex and all they needed was to verify my phone number. Instantly approved for a SL of $1000. My intention was to transfer most of the CL from the ED to the SPG... But I just found out that in order to do it, the card has to be at least 13 months old...

So the bad news are, I'm stuck with the $1000 for at least 2 months until I can apply to bump it up to $3000

Someone's not going to be a happy camper in 2 months when they get denied because it hasn't been 6 months since the previous CLI..... not to mention 3 X 6 is better than 3 x 1... if only they would take the blinders off already.

I'll point it out to them.

It's snowing and I'm bored today....need some entertainment.

FICO doesn't care if you have retail cards. But they hurt your insurance scores. Closing them doesn't help until the accounts drop off your report

From the same thread as above.

FICO doesn't care if you have retail cards. But they hurt your insurance scores. Closing them doesn't help until the accounts drop off your report

From the same thread as above.

:blink:

Cancelled Chase CSP - how long to wait to apply for CSR?
I started the process of getting things in order to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, and I would like to get the bonus for the card as well. I paid the card off last week, and I just cancelled my CSP that was open for almost 3 years and moved my limit over to my Freedom and Southwest cards. The rep said I need to wait 1-2 billing cycles for the closed account to reflect on my credit report. Do I really need to wait that long?

Whoops! Someone doesn't know how to read the bonus fine print....

Chase Sapphire Reserve rejection

I applied for a Chase Reserve credit card about a week ago, around the time that my 5/24 period would have expired. I received a letter in the mail today with a rejection because - “You already have a Chase Sapphire Preferred card.” Their recommendation was for me to “upgrade” that card to get the Chase Reserve, which of course will not grant me the 50K point bonus. Looks like they’re not entertaining any new cardholders with existing Sapphire Preferred accounts.

I might just call in to ask if I can be reconsidered.

WTH.... .I guess people forgot how to ask before doing and reading about the fine print before wasting an app. You can't recon what's printed as a policy people.

I don't know how you guys have the patience to read over there, let alone post.

personally, I'm alarmed that I'm modestly impelled to keep returning to this perpetual car wreck thread ;)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Cancelled-My-Account-For-Following-Dave-Ramsey/td-p/5111612/page/2

This whole thread. There is so much lunacy that there isn't one thing to pick to quote.

The title of this thread is misleading. Following Dave Ramsey's advice to eshew credit did not cause Chase to close your account. It's clear that any mention of "lifestyle" was directed at the number and frequency of inquiries.