Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

MyFako Condones this Crap

Re: Credit Limit too high?

‎09-22-2017 02:32 PM

I asked to decrease my credit lines all time. This way I can limit my own exposure to certain bank and keep my credit relationship with them open. Almost no bank wanst to keep a $100,000 or $200,000 credit line open with one single person or family. Over the past year, I've closed or decrease my total credit line $200,000.pchbuttercup wrote:

Hi everybody, Newbie here. I have received some letters from credit cards saying they increased my CL to pretty high amounts, $16k, $20k, that sort of thing. I do use credit cards for anything I can, but usually a few thousand on one or two of them, and I always pay off at the due date. I have excellent credit. I am wondring if there is a negative to asking them to decrease my CL, or if it's something I should even worry about.

I have around 10 good credit cards (Visa, AmEx, Discover, MC) and a few retail cards. Are they just waiting for me to screw up? Would love to hear your thoughts. TIA!

Every post in the that thread needs to be replied to.

I think if I do I'm going to get banned for sure this time.

Re: Credit Limit too high?

‎09-23-2017 05:17 AM

noobody wrote:

just called US Bank, reduced my Cash+
CL
by 50% (more than enough for a capped card), and Club Carlson by 95% (always have bad experience with chain, Just charge once a while to keep the points live, will close after burnt all the points).

I don't like unnecessary
CL
, it is waste lender's resource, make me uncomfortable if individual card
CL
is several times more than i need.

Overall utility is never a concern.

Please tell me you are joking. That makes absolutley no sense, especially coming from someone with scores likes yours.

FYI, you arent wasting a lender's resources. They have MORE than enough resources to account for your CL.

A post from an "Established Contributor" to wit he said he was not joking when I asked the question.

I recently asked for a CLD on a combined Cap1 card. There were a few people on the forum who were getting their lines decreased by Cap1 if they had combined their cards and had CLs over $25K. .

I pre-emptively asked for the reduction from $35K to $25K and I could hear the CSR chuckle when I asked.

I am also at a point where I am selectively reducing my CC portfolio.

Another gem from the same thread.

Ive often wondered how simple life would be if I gave it all up and became a Sandwich ArtistTM.

I will take a oven roasted chicken breast please lol.

I'll take the same, but add bacon.

​So I logged in over there a few minutes ago and noticed a PM waiting for me.

Vig,

How have you been able to get so many approvals and grow your limits in a short two year time span? What have you done to avoid shutdowns? What is your secret sauce????

My response--- I attended a Ron1 credit acquisition seminar he was holding at a Knights Inn near my airport.

I'm waiting for a reply back. lol.

Ive often wondered how simple life would be if I gave it all up and became a Sandwich ArtistTM.

I will take a oven roasted chicken breast please lol.

I'll take the same, but add bacon.

I can work with bacon also.

So glad I found this board so many lost souls over there. I wonder what capital one is paying them to pimp two of their cards, and it say's you need 750-850 fico's for a venture one card. Interesting.

So glad I found this board so many lost souls over there. I wonder what capital one is paying them to pimp two of their cards, and it say's you need 750-850 fico's for a venture one card. Interesting.

They're probably paying them the same amount that amex is paying to pimp their cards.

how MMF notes someone getting over 1 million in "available"

>9 pages of cograts posts...

wondering how the same post would go over here...

t's official, I'm out of the hunt $1,001,450

‎09-16-2017 10:09 AM

I made it today. Penfed of all banks brought it home. I was originally denied an increase on my Cash Rewards (7K). After they denied me and then approved me on recon for a cli on the Defender Amex, I figure why not try again. Now the Defender went from 10k to 13k (I asked for 17k). The Defender Amex doesn't see much use but the Cash Rewards is constantly and only used for gas purchases thanks to the 5%. I sent Penfed a nice short email at the time that I submitted the cli request. Well the decision was rendered before anyone saw my email and was subsequently denied. A few hours later, I got a response from Penfed that my request has been submitted for review and would be decisioned within 24-48 hours. I'm impatient as ever so I called today. I was hoping and praying only for $2,550 which is what I needed to get to that million mark. Wel to my surprise, I got a little more. A whopping 4k increase to 11k. I've never been so happy to get a credit increase. I couldn't have done any of this without the likes of all of you. Those who cheered me on and those who scorned me. I thank all of you.

So that's where blake went? :)
:lol:

Blake isn't at a million. Smart money says he will bust out before he ever approaches that number. ;)

no but I am getting there quick

They're probably paying them the same amount that amex is paying to pimp their cards.

They should probably get there money back telling people you need a 750-850 fico for a venture 1 can't be helping business.

How much is that?

what is expresso?

Expresso/cappuccino maker

‎09-23-2017 08:59 AM

On my recent travels I have become more hooked on expresso & cappuccino etc. Its quite costly to buy these on a regular basis in local coffee shops and I thought it might be cool to buy an expresso/cappuccino/coffee maker etc. Does anyone have recommendations on a good machine? I don't need to make drinks in bulk mainly its for just making drinks for me and the occassional guest. I don't want to spend several hundred dollars, however I'd be willing to spend up to $150 assuming the machine is totally worth it. Any ideas of best products to look at?

what is expresso?

On my recent travels I have become more hooked on expresso & cappuccino etc. Its quite costly to buy these on a regular basis in local coffee shops and I thought it might be cool to buy an expresso/cappuccino/coffee maker etc. Does anyone have recommendations on a good machine? I don't need to make drinks in bulk mainly its for just making drinks for me and the occassional guest. I don't want to spend several hundred dollars, however I'd be willing to spend up to $150 assuming the machine is totally worth it. Any ideas of best products to look at?

It's French for "espresso."

I'm sure that's how they roll on MFF. So Continental!

Edited by OwMyNose

what is expresso?

It's French for "espresso."

I'm sure that's how they roll on MFF. So Continental!

:rofl: :rofl:

SMH

DIrc40D.jpg?1

The other day I posted that I got a targeted offer for Discover IT miles card. 0% purchases and BT's for 14 months, then 11.99% after that. I decided to pass. Then I got the offer in the mail today. The only file that was thawed was Experian, I forgot to re-freeze it the other day.

So I applied and it said congratulations your approved. Then it said if I wanted to see my credit line to click. So I did and it asked for my ss# and zip code.

$20,000.00 SL-

I could not believe it. I figured tops, 8-10k.

2 new accounts this month was CSP and Penfed Power cash.

Stats are in my siggy. They definitely hit Experian because the others were frozen.

AMEX BCP $9000- DCU Platinum $10000- PenFed Power $11000- Chase Freedom Unlimited $11700- AMEX EDP $15000- NFCU CLOC $15000- Chase CSP $18900- Discover IT Miles $20000- Penfed Promise $25000- NFCU Go Rewards $27100- Venture $27750 **As of 9/20/17** EX- 750(13) TU- 741(12) EQ- 718(14) UTI 6%- Clean Files

Barclay Strikes Again -_-

‎09-28-2017 04:12 PM

About 6 months ago I made a big payment to barclay. I had a 10k limit and had it maxed for a month. Second month I paid $7000. They then balanced chased me down. I left it alone for a few weeks then gave them a call and they reinstated the credit limit back to 10k.

Whatever.

Today the balance was up to 7200 for a couple months. In order to keep my credit score in the 720 range, I made a second payment after the due date but a couple days before the closing date. Sure enough they claim it posted on the day of payment, but my Credit Karma says otherwise. Shows the same balance of 7200.

I called barclay and they said with high payment amounts it takes a few days to post...even though it shows on my end that it posted the same day.

While that irked me, what really irked me was the amount of times she said "but no late payment is reported, it's only late after 60 days." I told her that's not why i'm calling. I'm not calling about a late payment or a missed payment. I don't want my credit card to report near maxed out. She said she understood, and then minutes later for the third time " no late payment is reporting, this isn't going to hurt your credit report because the only thing that hurts your credit report is a 60 day+ late payment"

Now I really think she was trying to tick me off at that point. I stayed calm and said "ok thank you" and hung up the phone. I really just want to see her in the real world and just calmly call her a name like "you know what, you're a d*** b****"

lots of snowflakes whining about the for-profit message board appearance change. it does look fugly but that is perfect; not it matches the content.

Why doesn't retail stores have large credit cards stickers posted on there doors .

Why doesn't retail stores have large credit cards stickers posted on there doors like back in the 80s and early 90s. These days it seems like Credit card door stickers are really small and doesn't grab your attention comparied to the ones from 80's and 90's especally the credit card shaped Visa and Mastercard door stickers.

Why doesn't retail stores have large credit cards stickers posted on there doors .

Why doesn't retail stores have large credit cards stickers posted on there doors like back in the 80s and early 90s. These days it seems like Credit card door stickers are really small and doesn't grab your attention comparied to the ones from 80's and 90's especally the credit card shaped Visa and Mastercard door stickers.

Sweet like cherry pie.