Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

MyFako Condones this Crap

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Shopping-Cart-Trick/td-p/5042759

And this one. It's a boring Saturday for me.

:wave:

LOL....Guess who???

:ph34r:

You slut.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Discover Lowered APR Easy

[ New ]

‎09-17-2017 07:55 PM

Hit the one year mark about a week ago, my card unsecured back in April. So tonight I figured I'd go on and ask if I could get an APR reduction, a much needed one considering I was at 23.99%.

I went to Chat and asked she checked for a minute or two and said I had 2 available offers.

1) 12 months 0% APR

2) Permanent APR reduction of 4.75%.

She then asked if I had any large purchases coming up and just wanted to see which might be the best option for me, she was very helpful.

I went with option 2, now I'm sitting at 19.24%!

Hoping to get it down with 13% in a year or so 16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Just wanted to share in case anyone out there is considering it.

Happy Monday.

Discover Lowered APR Easy

[ New ]

‎09-17-2017 07:55 PM

Hit the one year mark about a week ago, my card unsecured back in April. So tonight I figured I'd go on and ask if I could get an APR reduction, a much needed one considering I was at 23.99%.

I went to Chat and asked she checked for a minute or two and said I had 2 available offers.

1) 12 months 0% APR

2) Permanent APR reduction of 4.75%.

She then asked if I had any large purchases coming up and just wanted to see which might be the best option for me, she was very helpful.

I went with option 2, now I'm sitting at 19.24%!

Hoping to get it down with 13% in a year or so 16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Just wanted to share in case anyone out there is considering it.

Happy Monday.

That's some amazing progress. Maybe amazing isn't the right word... :)

I don't understand why some of you guys are so anti-reducing-APR's. There are plenty of people on CB that I bet wished they had done this before getting into trouble. There are several examples of members recently (not naming names) that could have saved hundreds of dollars had they done this. I agree APR shouldn't matter, but sometimes it can. I personally believe it's the smart thing to do, when possible.

I don't understand why some of you guys are so anti-reducing-APR's. There are plenty of people on CB that I bet wished they had done this before getting into trouble. There are several examples of members recently (not naming names) that could have saved hundreds of dollars had they done this. I agree APR shouldn't matter, but sometimes it can. I personally believe it's the smart thing to do, when possible.

I am not anti-reducing-APR but the whole premise of using credit cards as loans that aren't 0% just screams a bigger problem to me. You can get lower APR unsecured loans for way less APR if you really need to float the money. The whole credit card debt being acceptable is just plain financially stupid. Being able to "afford" minimum payments puts people way in over their heads in short time when their loans are at 20%+ interest rates.

I am not anti-reducing-APR but the whole premise of using credit cards as loans that aren't 0% just screams a bigger problem to me. You can get lower APR unsecured loans for way less APR if you really need to float the money. The whole credit card debt being acceptable is just plain financially stupid. Being able to "afford" minimum payments puts people way in over their heads in short time when their loans are at 20%+ interest rates.

+1

If your mentality after finding CB or MFF is to utilize credit cards for unsecured loans or emergencies, you're doing it wrong.

Yes, it's clear you do not understand.

Chances are your plenty of people on CB that got into trouble actually wouldn't have gotten into trouble had they been APR-immune by PIF every month. Those that saved hundreds of dollars by lowering their APR could have saved thousands by not carrying a balance to begin with. While there are situations that pop up unexpectedly that prevent you from PIF and there may be a strategic advantage to carrying a balance for a *very* short while, those cases are extremely few and far between.

The smart thing to do is needing to worry about APR. The stupid thing to do is carry a balance. Needing an APR reduction is just slightly less stupid.

+1

If your mentality after finding CB or MFF is to utilize credit cards for unsecured loans or emergencies, you're doing it wrong.

The good news, though, BB, is that thanks to those doing it wrong, B of A is going to give me $560 for using their new CC for three months. God bless stupid people!

how MMF notes someone getting over 1 million in "available"

>9 pages of cograts posts...

wondering how the same post would go over here...

t's official, I'm out of the hunt $1,001,450

‎09-16-2017 10:09 AM

I made it today. Penfed of all banks brought it home. I was originally denied an increase on my Cash Rewards (7K). After they denied me and then approved me on recon for a cli on the Defender Amex, I figure why not try again. Now the Defender went from 10k to 13k (I asked for 17k). The Defender Amex doesn't see much use but the Cash Rewards is constantly and only used for gas purchases thanks to the 5%. I sent Penfed a nice short email at the time that I submitted the cli request. Well the decision was rendered before anyone saw my email and was subsequently denied. A few hours later, I got a response from Penfed that my request has been submitted for review and would be decisioned within 24-48 hours. I'm impatient as ever so I called today. I was hoping and praying only for $2,550 which is what I needed to get to that million mark. Wel to my surprise, I got a little more. A whopping 4k increase to 11k. I've never been so happy to get a credit increase. I couldn't have done any of this without the likes of all of you. Those who cheered me on and those who scorned me. I thank all of you.

I made it today. Penfed of all banks brought it home. I was originally denied an increase on my Cash Rewards (7K). After they denied me and then approved me on recon for a cli on the Defender Amex, I figure why not try again. Now the Defender went from 10k to 13k (I asked for 17k). The Defender Amex doesn't see much use but the Cash Rewards is constantly and only used for gas purchases thanks to the 5%. I sent Penfed a nice short email at the time that I submitted the cli request. Well the decision was rendered before anyone saw my email and was subsequently denied. A few hours later, I got a response from Penfed that my request has been submitted for review and would be decisioned within 24-48 hours. I'm impatient as ever so I called today. I was hoping and praying only for $2,550 which is what I needed to get to that million mark. Wel to my surprise, I got a little more. A whopping 4k increase to 11k. I've never been so happy to get a credit increase. I couldn't have done any of this without the likes of all of you. Those who cheered me on and those who scorned me. I thank all of you.

That's a helluva lot of store cards. :lol:

12njoy doesn't have any store cards. The million is spread around 70+ v/mc/amex/disco.

Edited by Aahz

12njoy doesn't have any store cards. The million is spread around 70+ v/mc/amex/disco.

DhIbMod.jpg?1

Probably like this or this or this only bigger.

Probably like this or this or this only bigger.

touche' :)

70 bank cards? I only had 30 or so when I passed 1 million. I guess I should start a thread about how cool I am :lol:

70 bank cards? I only had 30 or so when I passed 1 million. I guess I should start a thread about how cool I am :lol:

He should be ashamed of himself. Only thing worse than a low-limit store card is a visa / mc / amex / discovery with a store-card-toy limit.

Lets start two. ;)

I've got about 70 and over $1.85m. Of course, that's not counting joint cards, biz cards, other hidden tradelines and overseas bank cards.

Life must surely suck for the people whose only claim to fame is a $30,000 subprime Discovery and who the only way they could come close to an AmEx would be if AmEx started issuing EBT cards.

So that's where blake went? :)

So that's where blake went? :)

:lol:

Blake isn't at a million. Smart money says he will bust out before he ever approaches that number. ;)

Re: Credit Limit too high?

‎09-22-2017 02:32 PM

I asked to decrease my credit lines all time. This way I can limit my own exposure to certain bank and keep my credit relationship with them open. Almost no bank wanst to keep a $100,000 or $200,000 credit line open with one single person or family. Over the past year, I've closed or decrease my total credit line $200,000.pchbuttercup wrote:

Hi everybody, Newbie here. I have received some letters from credit cards saying they increased my CL to pretty high amounts, $16k, $20k, that sort of thing. I do use credit cards for anything I can, but usually a few thousand on one or two of them, and I always pay off at the due date. I have excellent credit. I am wondring if there is a negative to asking them to decrease my CL, or if it's something I should even worry about.

I have around 10 good credit cards (Visa, AmEx, Discover, MC) and a few retail cards. Are they just waiting for me to screw up? Would love to hear your thoughts. TIA!

Edited by hegemony

I asked to decrease my credit lines all time. This way I can limit my own exposure to certain bank and keep my credit relationship with them open. Almost no bank wanst to keep a $100,000 or $200,000 credit line open with one single person or family. Over the past year, I've closed or decrease my total credit line $200,000.pchbuttercup wrote:

Hi everybody, Newbie here. I have received some letters from credit cards saying they increased my CL to pretty high amounts, $16k, $20k, that sort of thing. I do use credit cards for anything I can, but usually a few thousand on one or two of them, and I always pay off at the due date. I have excellent credit. I am wondring if there is a negative to asking them to decrease my CL, or if it's something I should even worry about.

I have around 10 good credit cards (Visa, AmEx, Discover, MC) and a few retail cards. Are they just waiting for me to screw up? Would love to hear your thoughts. TIA!

Why was discover listed with "good"cards

Off to give some advice.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk