bigpoppa09

MyFako Condones this Crap

Now that NFCU is open to everybody, at least for now, there is no excuse to not get a secured card. They don't check Chex and they graduate.

+1 I could never App Credit 1 again all my creditors would probaly Take AA. :rofl:

Unfortunately, since anything other than being "supportive" gets you banned, people turn into robots on there and just congratulate everything

That's not true at all. Everybody there isn't a robot. Lots of us disagree with people all the time! There's a way to disagree with someone without bashing them. For someone that constantly talks so much trash about MF, you sure post an awful lot there! IJS.
^^

Typical MFer.

Wow. And that's precisely why I only lurk now here as LOTS of people do since the old vets left. SMH

That's a load of crap. don't come here and praise those ripoffs over at MF and in the same breathe tell us how we now suck.
LKH I am not praising MF. They certainly have their shortcomings. And I do not agree with all that goes on there. But, I nor any of the other members had anything to do with them stealing CB ideas. That was long before my time. I am simply saying I have learned quite a lot from both sites. But, I have chosen to lurk now here due the sarcastic and condescending remarks of some of the members. That's all. NEVER said this site sucked. In fact it is one of the absolute best out there. I just feel the atmosphere has changed since I first joined. That's all LKH. I apologize if you were offended.

This poster is a community leader or moderator over there

Just FYI

And a lot of CB members post and lurk on MF. I guess I was unaware one had to choose a team. As I have said I have learned from both sites. They have both been invaluable to my rebuild.

Anyways, this went further than I intended. Everyone have a great day!

Because it's hard not to watch a train wreck.

Unfortunately, since anything other than being "supportive" gets you banned, people turn into robots on there and just congratulate everything

That's not true at all. Everybody there isn't a robot. Lots of us disagree with people all the time! There's a way to disagree with someone without bashing them. For someone that constantly talks so much trash about MF, you sure post an awful lot there! IJS.
^^

Typical MFer.

Wow. And that's precisely why I only lurk now here as LOTS of people do since the old vets left. SMH

That's a load of crap. don't come here and praise those ripoffs over at MF and in the same breathe tell us how we now suck.
LKH I am not praising MF. They certainly have their shortcomings. And I do not agree with all that goes on there. But, I nor any of the other members had anything to do with them stealing CB ideas. That was long before my time. I am simply saying I have learned quite a lot from both sites. But, I have chosen to lurk now here due the sarcastic and condescending remarks of some of the members. That's all. NEVER said this site sucked. In fact it is one of the absolute best out there. I just feel the atmosphere has changed since I first joined. That's all LKH. I apologize if you were offended.

Just FYI

No wonder. :lol:

from someone labeled "Super Contributor"

"Why would you request 195k on a single card if you don't need it?"

As has been said, equally why ask for $20K (or $10K) on a card where you don't need it? Do you have any evidence that increasing the CL increases scrutiny? Again, the same argument would apply going from $8K to $24K or whatever.

To me, there are two logical positions:

1) Get only what you need. Don't go for uselessly high CLs on any card (e.g. for those with a Sallie Mae, the most benefit per month is $1,250, and most people wouldn't charge anything like that. So no need for huge limits)

2) Get all the credit you can as more is better. In which case, nothing wrong with asking for the max

Im in camp 1), but a lot of people here want high limits and high CLIs, So why is this causing surprise as being unreasonable?

I have some pages to catch up on here, but holy hell... wow.

^^

Typical MFer.

Just FYI

And? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? And to be clear I am a CL. So what? I STILL have learned from both sites like I previously said. And was unaware one had to be either Team CB or Team MF and unable to use BOTH as resources. You guys crack me up lol.

CL on MYFuko = Kiss flowers mod wannabe.

Haha never in a million years would I want to be a moderator. But keep it up with your insults since they obviously make you feel tough. I have always been nothing but respectful to everyone on this site. So, I don't know why I have received this type of treatment here today. But, it is what it is. I am sorry I found MF first. I am not the one that stole CB's idea. I do not promote SCT. I do not support those running amuck or being haphazard with their credit. I do not congratulate those that don't deserve it. ALL I do is try to help all I can as much as I can. But, I'm the target of you guys MF hatred. Ha! So be it. Tired of arguing with you. Think or believe whatever you want.

You're just as bad as the ppl you say over there are. Have you thought hey maybe Credit One is changing their ways. You still have ppl here that think all their cards have no grace period.

It's a sub sub prime stain on reports and owned by Sherman Financial, who also owns LVNV Funding.

Give me one reason why these 2 things don't matter.

Not everyone is a credit card snob and sit on their PC 24/7 worrying about if a card is sub prime or not. You would learn that if you and many of the others here with thousands of post stepped out side instead of typing with your left pinky up. I learned this over the months that know one gives a crap about what card I have or what they have as long as they have have credit. Also I have that "stain" on my profile and it didn't stop me from getting credit from Amex, Citi, and Chase with high limits. Just like the regular joe these companies don't give a crap either as long as you're report looks good and supports it they'll take you in. Also I don't care who" ShermanFinancial, who also owns LVNV Funding" is or does. Do you care about Peta, Vegans or even BLM? probably not just like majority of ppl won't care about LVNV.

A lot of ppl just want to start their credit build or rebuild and Credit One did that for me and many others with out a problem from them. Many of us also got cards with grace periods, but you still have folks here trying to tell ppl they have no grace period when in reality it's credit based. If you have shot credit you'll most likely get a card with no grace period. If you can't get in with Capital One first then Credit One is not bad if you don't want to deal with secure cards which many don't. Just don't pay for CLI and cancel before next annual fee...which by that time you'll have better cards. LOL at "stain" from getting credit...only stain is a late payment, collection, defaulting and Bankruptcy...now those are stains.

about time someone correct people on here,think they know it all

We DO know it all and if you knew that you'd know that disCredit nOne is simply one of the poorest choices for revolving credit.

I wanna know how many bk alot of u had to go through to find out,u have to pay your bills,sometimes things happen where u have to file,but come on 2-3 times geez

Then u brag about getting cc,i dont blame u its the ccc fault,just be thankful and dont fall back into your old ways,abusing the system smh

Darrin, people on CB preach responsible use of credit. I have no idea what you are talking about.

And Credit One is garbage.

You're just as bad as the ppl you say over there are. Have you thought hey maybe Credit One is changing their ways. You still have ppl here that think all their cards have no grace period.

Oh gee not this again.

Right. Credit One is owned by Sherman Financial, who also owns LVNV. the worst of the worst bottom-feeding JDB. Getting a credit card from them is nuts. There are plenty of places to get secured cards that will grow with you. I think it's mainly Credit One's big advertising effort that draws in unsuspecting consumers who then get upset when they're told they got a bad card.

No need to beat them up, though, just steer them in a better direction.

Easy with the board war, lots of people visit both boards, many consider CB home. We don't want to chase them off, just let them stay anonymous. ;)

When I started rebuilding my credit, I read MF first and then CB. The difference was night and day, as it still is, regardless of what baller thinks.

MF is "feel good" and GW letters.

CB is strategy with results.

Absolutely. I have checked both sites and the info here is much better. It is not even close. I don't even go there anymore because I don't want bad info Edited by blake10

MFF is a for-profit enterprise. That in itself is of course not a problem but it does explain the incentive structure of the powers that be over there. I feel sorry for the consumers who get dupped into giving free advice and moderating there. Not only are they limited in what they can say, they are giving away their labour for free.

And a lot of CB members post and lurk on MF. I guess I was unaware one had to choose a team. As I have said I have learned from both sites. They have both been invaluable to my rebuild.

True.

As Uber stated, there are a very, very few MFers -- probably in single digits -- who know anything and the rest are either dangerous psychopaths or sheep walking over the edge of the cliff.

Can we call out individual MFers by name? I mean, other than the ones we've already got on this thread.

They don't understand. They are approaching credit from a different perspective - I've hardly heard of anyone being turned down or receiving AA because they had too much credit. However, these folks have had it drilled into them, and they think they are being prudent. Like the cash only, no credit crowd believes that credit=debt. It's a mindset, and something has to actually happen for them to realize there is a better approach.

for instance, there's a big thread on there saying if you want your collections gone, pay them, and this person posts about how she disputed and failed, wanted a mortgage and was told she had to pay them off, so she did. Then she disputed and they came off. That was a unique situation, but she gave the advice as generalized advice. Everyone's situation is different. Personally, I think she disputed as "not mine" which hardly ever works. Again, a generalized approach, and with the electronic verification, it just doesn't work very well in most cases.

True.

As Uber stated, there are a very, very few MFers -- probably in single digits -- who know anything and the rest are either dangerous psychopaths or sheep walking over the edge of the cliff.

Can we call out individual MFers by name? I mean, other than the ones we've already got on this thread.

No, why would you want to do that. Leave it alone. Just give good advice, let people participate in whatever boards they choose.

They don't understand. They are approaching credit from a different perspective - I've hardly heard of anyone being turned down or receiving AA because they had too much credit. However, these folks have had it drilled into them, and they think they are being prudent. Like the cash on, no credit crowd believes that credit=debt. It's a mindset, and something has to actually happen for them to realize there is a better approach.

for instance, there's a big thread on ther saying if you want your collections gone, pay them, and this person posts about how she disputed and failed, wanted a mortgage and was told she had to pay them off, so she did. Then she disputed and they came off. That was a unique situation, but she gave the advice as generalized advice. Everyone's situation is different. Personally, I think she disputed as "not mine" which hardly ever works. Again, a generalized approach, and with the electronic verification, it just doesn't work very well in most cases.

Yes, from a different perspective.

From the perspective from someone with a credit-IQ of 4.

They don't understand. They are approaching credit from a different perspective - I've hardly heard of anyone being turned down or receiving AA because they had too much credit. However, these folks have had it drilled into them, and they think they are being prudent. Like the cash on, no credit crowd believes that credit=debt. It's a mindset, and something has to actually happen for them to realize there is a better approach.

for instance, there's a big thread on ther saying if you want your collections gone, pay them, and this person posts about how she disputed and failed, wanted a mortgage and was told she had to pay them off, so she did. Then she disputed and they came off. That was a unique situation, but she gave the advice as generalized advice. Everyone's situation is different. Personally, I think she disputed as "not mine" which hardly ever works. Again, a generalized approach, and with the electronic verification, it just doesn't work very well in most cases.

Yes, from a different perspective.

From the perspective from someone with a credit-IQ of 4.

Anybody ever tell you you have a mean streak?