Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Effects of Missing a Mortgage Payment

The last post in this topic was posted 1478 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Why wouldn't the OP just call the bank and get a deferred payment? Asking doesn't hurt. I read all 13pages and they kept skipping over that question....

A simple question could help them for a month to take that 2k plus payment to use to good use elsewhere. I use to live in a 3 storey home with same close square footage and my utility were no where near 1k. Ouch! And I ran ac like crazy due surgery menopause at 32! They could have gotten oit if they would listen to the experts here trying to help instead of excuse after excuse on this thread. Yes like someone said they probably will have to learn the hard way and sad when they didn't have to with some sacrifice for a bit

☁Cloudsoflove☁

Edited by cloudsoflove

OP has gone missing..

I think the OP is still around....but they've gone back to posting under their original member name.

Oh . LOL. I must be the only one on CB with 1 user/member name...

OP has gone missing..

I think the OP is still around....but they've gone back to posting under their original member name.

Damn it.

I've cranked my a/c all week, with the windows open, and let the hot water run continuously to keep the water heater running at full blast. Going to see how close I can get to $1000.

I've cranked my a/c all week, with the windows open, and let the hot water run continuously to keep the water heater running at full blast. Going to see how close I can get to $1000.

I've run as much as $1,500/mo. from summer A/C. Calif. power rates are insanely high at close to $0.40/KWH. I put in solar 6 years ago and they have been paying me.

Yes, home equity loan. Not a second home.

Ok so... the nada value for the car is between 9,700 and 11,400 (difference between the trade-in value vs. clean retail). We owe 14,400 on it. I just refinanced it a month or so ago to a 65 month loan at 1.7% and the payment is 235. If I took out a personal loan, which the rates seem to be at like 8-10% and I had to do it for like 4-5k to get the monthly payment down significantly from the 235 payment, the loan would have to be 5 years or more. I did a calculator and at a 8.75% rate with a 5,000 balance would cost me 103 a month. So, I'd be saving a little over 100 bucks and be stuck paying for a car I don't own anymore for 5+ years. Does that make financial sense? If you guys think so, then perhaps I'll look into it...

Sounds like you've been in over your head for some time now. 0% balance transfers are the first sign of trouble means you spend more than you make. Not lecturing or scolding but it seems like you got too much house and a way too expensive car. Unless you modify even a BK won't help. Good chance your credit is shot already really. I would sell the expensive car. As far as your utilities go start watching water usage or something. My place is only 2700 sq. ft. and between my gas/electric water cable/internet/TV home insurance and lawn care co. I am only spending $500 a month. A plan won't keep your bill down adjust your thermostat more wisely.

You should be able to live decently clearing close to 90K a year guy. Sell the Bimmer and let the finance company chase you it's only a matter of time before the house of cards comes crashing down. Cut expenses... You need to get away from the how much will it cost me a month mindset and start looking at how much will it cost me period.

I've run as much as $1,500/mo. from summer A/C. Calif. power rates are insanely high at close to $0.40/KWH. I put in solar 6 years ago and they have been paying me.

If it wasn't so beautiful here I'd turn my back on this place and never return.

If it wasn't so beautiful here I'd turn my back on this place and never return.

If the SoCal beaches weren't so nice they wouldnt be expensive :D

The last post in this topic was posted 1478 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.