Fidelity Investments AMEX (FIA version)

foeplay

The last post in this topic was posted 2400 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello gang, long time no talk! I looked for an answer to this and couldn't find anything.

I will now have two cards as I have received and activated my Elan version and it is my understanding that the FIA will be canceled at the end of the month.

Is it possible to do a product change? I've read that you can move the CL to another BofA card, but I don't have any other BofA products so can I apply for one and move it? its 13k I dont want to lose...

Thanks!

Edited by foeplay

I moved mine and closed the card when they announced the change. Call the BOA backdoor number and they will know if it can still be done.

But I don't have any other BofA cards to move it to...

I moved mine and closed the card when they announced the change. Call the BOA backdoor number and they will know if it can still be done.

Call and ask if it can be moved. If so, apply for another card first.

Call and ask if it can be moved. If so, apply for another card first.

And apply for the other one by phone to ensure they don't just steal part of the limit for the new card from the existing one.

Wondering about this too. Is it too late? I do have a BofA card to move it to but assumed I waited too long.

Edited to add I just got the Visa n the mail yesterday and haven't activated.

Call ASAP.

BOA back door number anyone? How bad is Elan? I already activated the card and shredded the Amex card. Oy.

Elan is bad based on known history. Bad CSRs; low limits. Frankly I'm surprised Elan had the investment backing to take over the portfolio.

I hope Elan is better than it used to be; but I'm not optimistic.

that said, I'm not closing mine. yet.

BOA back door number anyone? How bad is Elan? I already activated the card and shredded the Amex card. Oy.

Elan is bad based on known history. Bad CSRs; low limits. Frankly I'm surprised Elan had the investment backing to take over the portfolio.

I hope Elan is better than it used to be; but I'm not optimistic.

that said, I'm not closing mine. yet.

That has been my first impression so far.

Except an instant approval for $21,300 - so not a low limit for me.

I just got the Elan version of Fidelity Rewards as a new card (never had the FIA Amex).

My first impression of them reminds me of my first cards back in the 1990s.

Clunky phone tree, long wait to get a CSR. CSRs got the job done, but were not the most pleasant or helpful. The website is usable, but not great.

Overall, service will be a far cry from Chase or Amex.

If you use Quicken, Elan doesn't have DirectConnect set up yet. They told me it is coming at some point. You can download Quicken files manually from the website for now.

Speaking of which, even if you have a Fidelity account where you can access this card, you'll want to create a separate login for Elan at fidelityrewards.com as well.

Elan seemed a little overwhelmed with taking over the Fido Rewards portfolio. Two phone reps made comments to that effect.

For anyone apping fresh,

I applied for the Elan Fido Rewards and US Bank Cash+ on the same day.

Surprisingly, US Bank used the same EQ hard pull from Elan.

BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card
Congratulations, Foeplay, you're approved

Thanks for being our customer. Your application reference number is 0

I just logged in to my FIA account and looks like they didnt steal any CL from it.

My question now before I call is how much of the FIA credit limit can I move to my new BOA card? All of it or $12,500 so that $500 of it remains on FIA?

I just logged in to my FIA account and looks like they didnt steal any CL from it.

My question now before I call is how much of the FIA credit limit can I move to my new BOA card? All of it or $12,500 so that $500 of it remains on FIA?

congrats!

IF Elan already has the account why do we think it is possible to reallocate limits?

All of it.

Is it possible to move the limit on the FIA card to another BOA card if either or both have a balance?

I doubt you can move all of it.

Hmm maybe I won't bother with the request and take my chances with Elan not doing any AA with the high limit on the FIA card

On the phone now with BOA credit analyst. I'm too late to move credit limit. Bummer! But wait there's more. She was able to boost my CL by $2400. Hard pull, but it is what it is. It seems that June 30th was the cut-off.

ETA: I called Barclays up, spoke to an analyst and got increase from 8k to 13k CLI. I'm happy tonight. Asked me a ton of questions and I answered truthfully. She was very nice and professional.

Edited by Cosmos Human

The last post in this topic was posted 2400 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.