Convert TYP to DC

The last post in this topic was posted 1745 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have an offer to convert my TYP to DC but unsure if I should. I currently have a promotional balance on the TYP so will not be using it for purchases for about a year. Is there really a perk to converting it to DC versus just applying for one down the road?

The DC is very unlikely to ever offer a bonus. They recently removed the 0% purchase APR offer on many links, which leads me to believe the product is not working out well for Citi profit wise. So I doubt you'll see them giving out a bonus anytime soon.

It had a bonus for some targeted people when it first came out but that was 2 years ago.

The benefit of conversion is that you will keep your account age. I just did the same conversion and they will allow you to change back to the original product within 60 days.

That makes sense if you have a young profile.

At my stage of the game I'd be more interested in combining two credit lines into one large limit, and a signup bonus (if available) would be a nice side benefit.

Like many situations discussed here, the right answer depends on your credit profile and your goals.

My TYP card was 10 years old, and my AAOA is around 5 years. In my case, I'm not sure if Citi would approve a new card (they don't seem to like me right now), and I would rather keep the account age while avoiding the new account hit. Just different goals.

I recently did the conversion for the same reason on the age of the card in question. Whatever fits the strategy.

Why do you think they don't like you? CLD?

They declined a new card app last year as well as a CLI request. Now I only have the hard pull language on all my accounts. I'm sure the reason is utilization (or debt). They don't like how much I have even though they hold none of it.

They like to use those reasons, in this case utilization, as a reason to tell you that you've hit the maximum exposure with them. That will change over time as your profile gets better (been there).

Have you tried the soft pull link from the Citi thread?

The reason they gave for the app decline was actually too many inquiries, and it was obviously BS. I had higher exposure with them before but lost an account from inactivity.

I forgot about the link. I may give it a try.

Come to think of it I don't think they actually told me exposure limit but denial reasons were bogus (accounts too new when youngest was over a year, inquiries , etc).

The last post in this topic was posted 1745 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.