Deletions - Got new bill from CA

The last post in this topic was posted 2240 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Ok disputed with all 3 CRA's about two weeks ago. 9 accounts from the same provider in Wisconsin. TU & EX deleted. EQ has not responded back yet, but on the CR it does state disputed.

I just received a " your balance is past due" Demand for payment from the CA.

I have no knowledge of these accounts as I was not in that state from 2009 up. Dates only say 7/17/12 (they could be from my daughter who was a minor then, but I have no idea as she was living with her father at the time and we BOTH had coverage) All that was sent was the creditors name, an account number and amounts. They have never sent me anything so I guess the disputes woke up the sleeping bear.

My next step as far as whyChat would be send a DV to the CA, wait and then send another letter to EQ. Am I correct? Or should I wait for EQ first?

Thanks in advance

Did you follow the guides??

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDEBOOK.html

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

If you opted out and deleted old addresses BEFORE disputing and sent each CRA the initial dispute letter

http://whychat.5u.com/hipaadisp.html

Then yes, your next step is to send the remaining CA the medical DV

http://whychat.5u.com/ltrcavalhipaa.html

and send Eq ( the only CRA that did not delete) the follow up dispute

http://whychat.5u.com/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

Yes that is what I thought. I did do all the steps you mentioned above in order. I just received yesterday that EQ verified the accounts with the CA but no information was given regarding those accounts. Basically it was a reply with " yea it's yours because the CA said so", so we are not deleting.

I am sending the CA the Medical DV letter tomorrow along with the dispute to EQ. thank you for the response.

Yes that is what I thought. I did do all the steps you mentioned above in order. I just received yesterday that EQ verified the accounts with the CA but no information was given regarding those accounts. Basically it was a reply with " yea it's yours because the CA said so", so we are not deleting.

I am sending the CA the Medical DV letter tomorrow along with the dispute to EQ. thank you for the response.

Wait until you have proof of receipt of the medical DV before sending the follow up dispute to Eq as you need to include a copy.

• 1 month later...

Hi Why Chat,

Did you follow the guides?? YES I have done everything in order .. Now I am stuck on how to proceed.

EQ has not deleted and has verified. Sent follow up dispute, still wont delete. The other two deleted them all 3 months ago.

CA has sent me two letters that are word documents with a list of the accounts #, the provider and the amount they say I owe.

They are not bills. They have not provided me with any HIPAA release signatures or any valid documentation other than what they printed up. There is no indication of relationship other than they are in Wisconsin and that the amounts are for my daughters care.

I have no EOB's as they were sent to ex in different state. I can not verify who's insurance was used but my guess from looking at the amounts.. there are many discrepancies since we had two insurances. These are from 2012. I have not contacted the CA other than the DV letter.

I'm not sure what to do now. I want to call up the OC and help clear this up.. I can pay some of them as some of them are 20.00 here..20.00 there... But the bigger ones I just cant see how they can be when I have a copay of 20.00. and her fathers insurance was the primary. These are regular office visits not surgical.

do you have any suggestions?

There is absolutely NO point in contacting the OC.

Because Eq is the only CRA that did not delete then your problem is with THEM

File a CFPB complaint against Eq.

http://whychat.5u.com/hipaaftccomp.html

Make sure you stress that Eq is the ONLY CRA that did not properly investigate and delete this unknown medical account.

This may be a stupid question, but how do I know they didn't properly investigate the accounts?

Edited by debrannea

There is absolutely NO point in contacting the OC.

Because Eq is the only CRA that did not delete then your problem is with THEM

File a CFPB complaint against Eq.

http://whychat.5u.com/hipaaftccomp.html

Make sure you stress that Eq is the ONLY CRA that did not properly investigate and delete this unknown medical account.

This may be a stupid question, but how do I know they didn't properly investigate the accounts?

Because it is ONLY left on Eq. IF they had followed the correct procedures they would have deleted as did TU and Ex

Thanks Why Chat. You're an amazing source.. I have read so many threads about your method and the amount of time you take out of your time to help people is appreciated. Just wanted to give you a compliment :)

Anyways, So far I have made great progress with my CR since Feb. Went from a 520 to 597 on one CR... and I still have a ways to go. EQ is still 540 mainly because of those 9 medicals..

I cant seem to shake. Unfortunately I seem to have missed one that's still reporting on EX too. However, I am in the middle of some life changing events where I have no choice but to set this credit quest to the back burner for about a month. Would you suggest when I resume this I start all over? Or pick it up where I left off with filing complaints against EQ? Now that I found a straggler in EX I have to go back and retrace my steps so that I'm not repeating myself. I would think before I can file a complaint against EQ, I would have to get EX to delete the left over account.

opinion?

Well, if it is one of the SAME accounts that you were going to file a complaint about to the CFPB because it is "only" on Eq and you now find out it is still on Ex, then you should wait until you have a clear case against Eq for being the ONLY CRA still reporting.

Yes, if you decide to take a break for a Month, then you can start over by making sure that the Ex account that you "missed" was actually disputed. If it was, then you need to send the CA the medical DV and the follow up dispute to Ex.

At THAT point, you will be in a better position to file a complaint against Eq.

You should also at that time double check the "back door" of both Eq and Ex to see if the subject accounts are, in fact, still there and if they are marked as "disputed by consumer".

The last post in this topic was posted 2240 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.