Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

FREEDOM!!!

(sorry Marv for barging in like this....)

*ahem* With this check (or is it cheque?) I write - I will be auto loan free for the first time in over 20 years!!!!

swad1g1xmyolckwhxvev.jpg

Congratulations!!!!

We have a 2003 Honda Pilot with 205,000 miles and a 2006 Toyota Sienna with 175,000 miles. We just spent $1100 in repairs for both vehicles (anomaly). When I got depressed about it, I thought about the fact that some people pay $1100 in car payments for 2 cars in one month. You are going to love not having a car payment!

*ahem* With this check (or is it cheque?) I write - I will be auto loan free for the first time in over 20 years!!!!

swad1g1xmyolckwhxvev.jpg

Congrats..

So.. have you started checking trade in values , yet?

:rofl:

Edited by fury1995

swad1g1xmyolckwhxvev.jpg

Congrats..

So.. have you started checking trade in values , yet?

:rofl:

I did on the car (2011 Taurus) that's been paid off for a while. It has 120K on the clock and I've come to the conclusion I won't get carp for it in trade so it'll be driven "until the wheels fall off". The one I just PIF'd (2010 Explorer) only has 91K on the clock and it's still in excellent condition and I'm planning to keep it for a long time. Barring either vehicle being written off in a crash or a major mechanical failure, I'm not planning to buy new until 2020 *crosses fingers*

I've gone over 3 years so far without a car payment. The last vehicle I bought is older than I am, and I blew out the tranny week one. :)

I give you 6 months.

Nah. Next after PIF'ng all the plastic is doing a conventional refi on the house and dumping the PMI

Even more certain. I give you 6 months.

Keep away from car dealers if you want to stay that way. :grin: I have to put a chastity belt on my bank account every time I go in for an oil change.

I've gone over 3 years so far without a car payment. The last vehicle I bought is older than I am, and I blew out the tranny week one. :)

The advantages of being a skilled mechanic. I haven't had a car payment in 6 years I might get another but I'm gardening and improving my lifestyle and financial picture first.

Keep away from car dealers if you want to stay that way. :grin: I have to put a chastity belt on my bank account every time I go in for an oil change.

Need a set of horse blinders too - there's no less than 10 car dealers (new and used) between my $DAYJOB and home no matter the route I take. I will be looking around later this summer to get 8-Ball a teenager first car for the big 18th birthday.

I also gotta remember to stay off AutoTrader dot com. I saw a 2015 Mustang GT stickshift with only 900 miles on the clock at Roger Penske's dealership here. It had dropped in price from $34K to $31,500 ... if it got below $29,900 I was going to go look at it. But alas, someone else decided to buy it and save me from my sports car impulse buy.

Okay I'm going to prove Dollar Dog and fury wrong here ... :D

I also gotta remember to stay off AutoTrader dot com. I saw a 2015 Mustang GT stickshift with only 900 miles on the clock at Roger Penske's dealership here. It had dropped in price from $34K to $31,500 ... if it got below $29,900 I was going to go look at it. But alas, someone else decided to buy it and save me from my sports car impulse buy.

a mustang wouldn't be a good car for 8 ball if he's just starting to drive. :D.

put that in your head. my first car was a 1979 camaro with a hopped up 350. define trouble. Of course my mother in her infinite wisdom shares this with my kids knowing they will probably be driving smart cars as I was a little heavy with that car

put that in your head. my first car was a 1979 camaro with a hopped up 350. define trouble. Of course my mother in her infinite wisdom shares this with my kids knowing they will probably be driving smart cars as I was a little heavy with that car

Ohhhhh no no no no no no no no no .... 8-Ball could sit behind the steering wheel when I have the key in my pocket and I've removed the car battery if I had a GT or any other sports car. Actually he has no interest in sporty cars at all. Just something with four wheels and goes is all he wants.

Ohhhhh no no no no no no no no no .... 8-Ball could sit behind the steering wheel when I have the key in my pocket and I've removed the car battery if I had a GT or any other sports car. Actually he has no interest in sporty cars at all. Just something with four wheels and goes is all he wants.

that's good lol. my little guy at the age of 9 insists he is getting a Ferrari. Go big or go home I guess.

Stay off AutoTrader.com

Stay off AutoTrader.com

Stay off AutoTrader.com

Stay off AutoTrader.com

Stay off AutoTrader.com

Stay off AutoTrader.com

Stay off AutoTrader.com

Stay off AutoTrader.com

Stay off AutoTrader.com

I give you 6 months.

Nah. Next after PIF'ng all the plastic is doing a conventional refi on the house and dumping the PMI

Even more certain. I give you 6 months.

Not even 2.

How much is in 8 ball's college fund?