Sign in to follow this  
leedspaddy

Lexis Nexis Freeze????

I just did the opt-out that leedspaddy did and in the confirmation email it states this...

Please note that your information will remain in the following products and services: restricted public records products which are available to law enforcement entities; products regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act; third party data available through real time gateways; news; and legal documents.

I just did the opt-out that leedspaddy did and in the confirmation email it states this...

Please note that your information will remain in the following products and services: restricted public records products which are available to law enforcement entities; products regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act; third party data available through real time gateways; news; and legal documents.

So the question is..............is this enough to block the CRAs from looking at my LN report that obviously lists my BK. I just sent my dispute off for TU via snail mail today........I will see if that does the trick

Been following this thread for a while now and damn I'm rooting for you. I too froze my LN and was able to delete all previous addresses reported on my EQ report. I have a 5.5 year old judgment that's only listed with EQ, (thankfully), that I would really like to see go away. I want to dispute but I'm a little gun shy in case it comes back as verified and then updates the date on my EQ. My worst fear would be they somehow put new entires on my clean EX and TU reports.

I'm on your side, go TEAM leedspaddy!!

Been following this thread for a while now and damn I'm rooting for you. I too froze my LN and was able to delete all previous addresses reported on my EQ report. I have a 5.5 year old judgment that's only listed with EQ, (thankfully), that I would really like to see go away. I want to dispute but I'm a little gun shy in case it comes back as verified and then updates the date on my EQ. My worst fear would be they somehow put new entires on my clean EX and TU reports.

I'm on your side, go TEAM leedspaddy!!

Thanks WhoMan!!!!!! I was extremely surprised at how easy it was to get the BK off EQ so in your case, if it was me, I would go for it and try and get it off your EQ........though I don't understand how the judgement doesn't appear on TU and EX.........can someone answer that question of how a PR actually ends up on one CRA and not the others......I mean all the CRAs are looking at the same LN report aren't they???

When I started my credit clean up back in May 2015, my scores were in the high 500s, my wife was in the low 500s and my initial goal was to get high enough scores for the both of us to get a mortgage, which we achieved in April thanks in large part to the people on CB (COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU).......but my credit journey is far from over because I want the kind of scores the professionals on here have and I knew that would never happen with the BKs on my CRAs.......and if I am honest, I get a real high when I see dispute results come back with another negative hopefully wiped from permanent memory and its that feeling I think of each time those bastards at EX tell me to take a jump off a very high building each time I ask to get the addresses deleted!!!!LOL.......I know I will find that one kind soul at EX eventually, just hope it doesn't take me until my BK is supposed to fall off in 2018.

Yes that is good enough

I hope and pray you are right Blake....having two CRAs clear of the BK would be fantastic while I continue the fight with EX over those damn addresses......................so do you or anyone else have a line I can spin that worked for you to get the addresses deleted at EX?????? I mean my line is that "I was a victim of ID theft and I need those addresses deleted so I can prevent further damage"........do you have something better that might work for me or is it a case of not what I say but just finding that one kind soul?????

Yes that is good enough

I hope and pray you are right Blake....having two CRAs clear of the BK would be fantastic while I continue the fight with EX over those damn addresses......................so do you or anyone else have a line I can spin that worked for you to get the addresses deleted at EX?????? I mean my line is that "I was a victim of ID theft and I need those addresses deleted so I can prevent further damage"........do you have something better that might work for me or is it a case of not what I say but just finding that one kind soul?????
Send letter CMRR. Hand write part of it in blue ink. Make sure you sign. Tell them you won't the addresses removed because you are afraid that whoever lives at those addresses could steal your identity. Have you opted out of pre screened offers? Do you have any tradelines attached to those old addresses?

Yes that is good enough

Send letter CMRR. Hand write part of it in blue ink. Make sure you sign. Tell them you won't the addresses removed because you are afraid that whoever lives at those addresses could steal your identity. Have you opted out of pre screened offers? Do you have any tradelines attached to those old addresses?

Sorry for being dumb by why only part of the letter in blue ink????? Yes I am opted out of pre screened offers.............BUT the number one reason I am given (when I am given one) why they won't delete the addresses is because they ARE attached to trade lines........and of course one of them is attached to the BK.

Yes that is good enough

Sorry for being dumb by why only part of the letter in blue ink????? Yes I am opted out of pre screened offers.............BUT the number one reason I am given (when I am given one) why they won't delete the addresses is because they ARE attached to trade lines........and of course one of them is attached to the BK.
So they have to manually review it. Whole thing handwritten is fine just make sure it's legible. They will delete addresses

ok I have a problem..............as my wife was part of the BK, I am working on her BK at the same time........so I took the initial path I did when I froze (not opt out) LN............Froze, then waited 24 hours and then disputed at EQ..............they just verified the BK for her. So I submitted the opt-out online form for her on LN, again using the same reason as with me. I will wait until I hear confirmation from LN before doing anything else. Now I don't know what happened with LN, but all I can think of was that the freeze took longer than 24 hours which allowed EQ to verify. I am assuming now that as EQ verified online that I can't resubmit the dispute online and will have to go to snail mail....correct?????? So assuming I am correct, my next move will be to submit a letter via snail mail using the template of the letter in the "how I got my BK deleted" thread

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=497777&page=1

The letter the OP sent was not only after he had received the letter from the BK court confirming what info was listed on his files such as only a partial social but also after both TU and EX verified the BK..............I don't think there is any need to actually write to the court when I can just use what the OP states in his letter to the CRAs.......this is the exact same letter I am going to use if TU comes back verified for me...........I would appreciate if someone can just briefly read the letter in the BK thread I listed and tell me if that is what I should use.

So for those of you who have opted out of LN, can someone tell me how long it took for it to take effect for the purposes of BK removal. ...........today I got an email from LN telling me that my request for opt out was approved but that it could take 30 days to take effect. I ask in the context that I submitted a snail mail BK to TU a few days after submitting the online LN request which I was told would only take a few days to process and take effect. I hope somehow that the opt-out is in place before TU starts investigating.

So for those of you who have opted out of LN, can someone tell me how long it took for it to take effect for the purposes of BK removal. ...........today I got an email from LN telling me that my request for opt out was approved but that it could take 30 days to take effect. I ask in the context that I submitted a snail mail BK to TU a few days after submitting the online LN request which I was told would only take a few days to process and take effect. I hope somehow that the opt-out is in place before TU starts investigating.

You can call them and ask if you are opted out. If you are not, ask how long. Mine was like 48 hours

You can call them and ask if you are opted out. If you are not, ask how long. Mine was like 48 hours

So a small update................I called EX on a separate matter to my snail mail letter regarding getting the addresses removed and I thought I would ask whether they had received it.........they confirmed that they did but they also had dismissed it out of hand already stating that they could only delete the addresses if I had never lived there. I am to the point now that I feel like flat out lying to them and telling them I never lived at any of my old addresses............so what happens if i do because I know one statement that will be definitely be made by them is that there are trade lines attached to some of the old addresses.......do I lie about that? I mean it really drives me nuts where TU and EQ treat old addresses as an afterthought and EX holds onto them as though they were gold. I think the way things are going I may have to accept my BK only going from EQ with some hope of it being deleted from TU and little to no hope that it will take a hike from EX.

I am working on my fiancés bk. I figured I would try EQ first since people have had success more with them. I deleted addresses, froze and opted out of LN. I also disputed some included tradelines such as Discover. Dispute is a week old so I will keep everyone updated. TU is almost ready to, just need to delete addresses.

So I have disputed my wife's BK online on EQ after freezing her LN and opting out..........it was verified, then she submitted another dispute online and it was verified even faster.............then I submitted a complaint to the CFPB just to see if it would trigger an executive to call back but they basically told me to F*** off. I am now wondering if my wife's LN is actually frozen (we have the documentation stating that it is) because I don't understand how I am able to get my BK off EQ quickly after freezing LN and she is not. By the tone of the reply I got from EQ via CFPB, I think we have essentially cooked our goose when it comes to getting her BK off EQ because I can't imagine them now even accepting a snail mail dispute..........am I wrong????

Also I was wondering, is there any way to find out from LN who has requested to see a person's public record? I was just curious to see if EQ even used LN to verify my wife's BK. It is so frustrating that it was easy for me yet I am unable to help my wife do the same even when following the same path.

So while I failed to get my wife's BK removed from EQ, I just found out that my BK was deleted from TU.......................SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............2 down, one to go though I can live with the BK on EX as I am getting tired of them saying no to the addresses. My score on TU only improved by a measly one point.......I guess an old BK doesn't have that much effect on the score once it gets past a certain time.......and my EQ jump by nearly 30 points..............the day before I got my BK deleted from EQ my score was 660, then the day after it was deleted it went up to 685 and a week later it dropped down to 655 and now it has jumped back up and nothing has changed in the report.....just crazy

Edited by leedspaddy

I am working on my fiancés bk. I figured I would try EQ first since people have had success more with them. I deleted addresses, froze and opted out of LN. I also disputed some included tradelines such as Discover. Dispute is a week old so I will keep everyone updated. TU is almost ready to, just need to delete addresses.

I updated tu after disputing her BK today and BK listing dropped the file date but it's still there, however the dispute is not over yet so I'm not sure what to make of that. EQ is still under investigation. I just that was kind of weird as a change.

I updated tu after disputing her BK today and BK listing dropped the file date but it's still there, however the dispute is not over yet so I'm not sure what to make of that. EQ is still under investigation. I just that was kind of weird as a change.

Everyone's situation is different but just going off my own experience and of others on here, EQ is really quick if you dispute it online.......not sure how to read your TU circumstance

Everyone's situation is different but just going off my own experience and of others on here, EQ is really quick if you dispute it online.......not sure how to read your TU circumstance

Congrats u had success with EQ but they are a Turd to deal with i batten down the hatches on the secondary Bureaus DW has been opted out and LN froze since last year and a CFPB dispute filed no good they still wont remove a judgement that was not recorded. I bet they are getting there info elsewhere besides LN.

Congrats u had success with EQ but they are a Turd to deal with i batten down the hatches on the secondary Bureaus DW has been opted out and LN froze since last year and a CFPB dispute filed no good they still wont remove a judgement that was not recorded. I bet they are getting there info elsewhere besides LN.

How long before this judgement falls off naturally and is on the other CRAs? I would wait a while with EQ and then submit a new dispute via snail mail but you could also follow the delete BK route perhaps and get a letter from the court stating they don't give out PR information so how is EQ verrifying.

How long before this judgement falls off naturally and is on the other CRAs? I would wait a while with EQ and then submit a new dispute via snail mail but you could also follow the delete BK route perhaps and get a letter from the court stating they don't give out PR information so how is EQ verrifying.

Good advice i want to know how they are verifying myself.

Good advice i want to know how they are verifying myself.

And its not on the other CRAS

I think it is easy to remove addresses by phone personally. Just call and ask for the fraud dept. I would tell them I wanted to remove all addresses because I am afraid the people who are currently living at those addresses could steal my identity.they will be deleted immediately. Then once the addresses are removed. Opt out of all lexis nexis reports if you haven't already. Dispute the public record. I would dispute online and they fall right off with no way for CRA to verify.

I think it is easy to remove addresses by phone personally. Just call and ask for the fraud dept. I would tell them I wanted to remove all addresses because I am afraid the people who are currently living at those addresses could steal my identity.they will be deleted immediately. Then once the addresses are removed. Opt out of all lexis nexis reports if you haven't already. Dispute the public record. I would dispute online and they fall right off with no way for CRA to verify.

well I have not tried that tact.....asking for the fraud department........so are you really telling me that all you did was call one time and ask for the fraud dept and they never questioned you about some of your addresses being tied to a tradeline because that is my stumbling block every time.Apart from getting the addresses deleted did contacting the fraud dept have any consequences such as further investigation on their part??? Well I am all set with LN, all I need is those addresses gone and then I will be able to dispute the BK on EX.

Who did u do this with LN ?