Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Combining limits with Chase

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

I went ahead and moved the bulk of my Amazon CL to my United card. She said she couldn't move the whole amount because I recently had a balance on the card. Once the card has had a zero balance for 90 days, I can move the remaining amount over to United and close the Amazon card.

You are NOT paying attention here.

You are talking to normal customer service. You need to call Lending Services.

And you need to wait until your card has a completely zero balance with no pending transactions.

Thank you for the info. I called Lending Services this AM and she said even though the account balance is zero (a payment just posted yesterday) I have to wait 4 days before she could transfer the remaining credit limit. She asked that I call back on Friday. That answer was much better than the 90 days given to me by the regular customer service number.

Edited by BellaGrace1969

Just used the Secure Message feature to combine limits. Left $10k each on SW Visa and Sapphire Preferred. Freedom Unlimited now has $26k. Thinking I might close the Sapphire Preferred in a month or so. Already met the spend requirement and the card doesn't have much benefit leftover for me now. Would probably drop SW to $5k and add another $15k then to the Freedom Unlimited (would be $41k then)

oh, btw, took about an hour from the time I sent the msg to the time they replied. Fast!

Edited by Roland99

No hard pull?

No hard pull to reallocate limits with Chase. Fast and easy

Just confirming.

I'm thinking my best bet for CLIs with them would be to reallocate limits and then heavily use the lower CL cards. Maybe that's misguided thinking but I've had very little success with auto CLI with them.

Will Chase allow reallocation from the BA card to one of their mainline products (CSP/Freedom/Slate)? I have a $29.5k BA card that is useless.

Will Chase allow reallocation from the BA card to one of their mainline products (CSP/Freedom/Slate)? I have a $29.5k BA card that is useless.

Yes. Easily.

Yes. Easily.
Do you have another Chase card?

Yes. Easily.

Nope, but interested in applying for the Freedom Unlimited or Slate, just wanted to make sure they'd move limits off of the BA first, since they denied a product change.

Yes. Easily.

Nope, but interested in applying for the Freedom Unlimited or Slate, just wanted to make sure they'd move limits off of the BA first, since they denied a product change.

Going through a purge on cards with AFs that get little use.

Yes. Easily.

You could apply for the soon to be launched Sapphire Reserve and PC to another card after a year. $450 AF, but you should be able to get the $300 travel credit 2x and the bonus is worth a minimum of $1000 if you redeem the points for cash back. $1650-$450=$1200 minimum.

Yes. Easily.

You could apply for the soon to be launched Sapphire Reserve and PC to another card after a year. $450 AF, but you should be able to get the $300 travel credit 2x and the bonus is worth a minimum of $1000 if you redeem the points for cash back. $1650-$450=$1200 minimum.

Might be worth it, need to look into it. Downgrading my AA Exec, so I wouldn't have two $450 AF cards, at least.

Just closed my Sapphire Preferred. It's not a good card for me, at the moment. Wasn't able to transfer the full $10k remaining of the CL, though. Only $9,500. So, my Freedom Unlimited is now at $35,500 instead of $36k. Did it over the phone...took all of a minute.

Just closed my Sapphire Preferred. It's not a good card for me, at the moment. Wasn't able to transfer the full $10k remaining of the CL, though. Only $9,500. So, my Freedom Unlimited is now at $35,500 instead of $36k. Did it over the phone...took all of a minute.

You must have called the normal customer service number. If you call Lending Services you can transfer 100%.

Edited by PotO

Is there a limit to how high you can make a CL?

I have a CSP at 21k and a new CSR at 35k.

I'd like to move 15k from the CSP to the CSR and downgrade the CSP to a Freedom Unlimited.

I'd like to move 15k from the CSP to the CSR and downgrade the CSP to a Freedom Unlimited.

If there is I have not found it yet.

You must have called the normal customer service number. If you call Lending Services you can transfer 100%.

+1

I just transferred 100% of 2 cards I had to my C$R. If you call the correct number, you don't have to leave any of the limit.

I'm not sure what the difference is, but anything over $30K requires approval from a Sr UW. That is what I was told, but my request was also approved.

I think you have a good plan and should go for it. If you intend to do a lot of non-bonus category spending with the Freedom Unlimited, you might consider keeping the limit a little higher than $6K though.

I'm not sure what the difference is, but anything over $30K requires approval from a Sr UW. That is what I was told, but my request was also approved.

when I combined Hyatt with my new BA card earlier this year to 55k the front line person at the services line was able to do it and it showed up while I was on the phone. I suppose he could have been a Sr UW, but I don't think so.

when I combined Hyatt with my new BA card earlier this year to 55k the front line person at the services line was able to do it and it showed up while I was on the phone. I suppose he could have been a Sr UW, but I don't think so.

Maybe the UW I first spoke with didn't really know the procedure. I've seen the $30K number posted about here before though. It may also have to do with your relationship with Chase.

Maybe the UW I first spoke with didn't really know the procedure. I've seen the $30K number posted about here before though. It may also have to do with your relationship with Chase.

I have CPC and significant money at Chase so it might be alright?

Presume I don't need to wait to activate the card? It only showed up online today. CSP is irrelevant now, but not quite sure on F vs Freedom Unlimited. Most of my spend goes on a SPG card right now, but the CSR changes everything.

Presume I don't need to wait to activate the card? It only showed up online today. CSP is irrelevant now, but not quite sure on F vs Freedom Unlimited. Most of my spend goes on a SPG card right now, but the CSR changes everything.

It should be OK no matter what.

You can do it now.

It should be OK no matter what.

You can do it now.

Do you know if they still allow you to move lines from personal to business? I have a Ink+ with an 8k limit that I don't use because the limit is tiny compared to 50k+ with Amex BizPlat.

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.