Sign in to follow this  
amandal0514

"Invitation" From First National Bank of Omaha for AMEX

I opened a FNBO Amex a couple of years ago right after my reports cleaned up with a $5,100 limit, it's now up to $28,700 through auto / SP CLIs.

Edited by almostanonymous

I opened a FNBO Amex a couple of years ago right after my reports cleaned up with a $5,100 limit, it's now up to $28,700 through auto / SP CLIs.

I could live with that.

It included the "prescreened" wording so I logged on to submit my information. Site said thanks for applying and they'd let me know the status in 2-3 weeks. Huh? I thought that wording meant you were preapproved.

Prescreened != preapproved != guaranteed approval

Don't just respond to marketing like that. Select products that suit you.

And that, boys and girls, is precisely why FFNBO sucks sewer water.

1. $2,200

I got $15K on a card with them though the card isn't of any use.

Edited by takeshi

It included the "prescreened" wording so I logged on to submit my information. Site said thanks for applying and they'd let me know the status in 2-3 weeks. Huh? I thought that wording meant you were preapproved.

Prescreened != preapproved != guaranteed approvalDon't just respond to marketing like that. Select products that suit you.

If they accessed your credit reports to give you that offer, isn't it mandated by law to be a "firm offer of credit"? Otherwise they had no permissible purpose to access your credit file and they owe you some cash.

Edited by PotO

And that, boys and girls, is precisely why FFNBO sucks sewer water.1. $2,200

I got $15K on a card with them though the card isn't of any use.

And that card will grow in a few years to $50k?

Sure, assuming pigs fly.

FNBO doesn't like me. I was approved for their AMEX for $2,500 after receiving a pre-screened/pre-approval in the mail. I used it, too. A year later, they CLD'd me to $800, keeping with my balance. I haven't used it again and will close it myself soon. I have good cards with good limits, so not gonna play their game. Otherwise, the card was ok.

FNBO doesn't like me. I was approved for their AMEX for $2,500 after receiving a pre-screened/pre-approval in the mail. I used it, too. A year later, they CLD'd me to $800, keeping with my balance. I haven't used it again and will close it myself soon. I have good cards with good limits, so not gonna play their game. Otherwise, the card was ok.

CLD? Due to lack of usages or score changes? Can you be more specific , any elaboration will be helpful...

They gave me a NPSL Amex, listed as flexible spending on my CR, after a year later, terms and conditions has amended, NPSL no longer applied.

CLD? Due to lack of usages or score changes? Can you be more specific , any elaboration will be helpful...

They gave me a NPSL Amex, listed as flexible spending on my CR, after a year later, terms and conditions has amended, NPSL no longer applied.

I don't recall. I think my overall balances were higher than they liked, maybe I spooked them being new and all. Since then, balances are down. No negatives and FICO almost 700 but not quite (student loan debt).

I hate playing that game with Discovery. Why would I play it with FN BO..

I don't recall. I think my overall balances were higher than they liked, maybe I spooked them being new and all. Since then, balances are down. No negatives and FICO almost 700 but not quite (student loan debt).

Thanks!!

They probably being conservative.

I'm pretty sure a bank other than AmEx does not offer a NPSL card.

Thanks PotO-

Then why need to offering it at the beginning. I did maxed the card and PIF. Possibly just to enticed me for some incentive? I have yet to ascertain theirs intention.

Thanks PotO-

Then why need to offering it at the beginning. I did maxed the card and PIF. Possibly just to enticed me for some incentive? I have yet to ascertain theirs intention.

I'm just saying your card never had NPSL. Only charge cards issued directly by American Express have NPSL. FNBO gave you a credit card that definitely had a credit limit or credit guideline.

Edited by PotO

Thanks PotO-

I'm just saying your card never had NPSL. Only charge cards issued directly by American Express have NPSL. FNBO gave you a credit card that definitely had a credit limit or credit guideline.

+1

I couldn't say one good anything about FNBO. Cancelled their trash and wouldn't carry another for any terms. My worst experience - they watch every charge you make and their "fraud" department will drive you past insane.

I truly recommend steer clear of these clowns.

HL