Sign in to follow this  
amandal0514

"Invitation" From First National Bank of Omaha for AMEX

Got an "invitation" in the mail today to apply for the First National Bank of Omaha for their AMEX card. It included the "prescreened" wording so I logged on to submit my information. Site said thanks for applying and they'd let me know the status in 2-3 weeks. Huh? I thought that wording meant you were preapproved.

Got an "invitation" in the mail today to apply for the First National Bank of Omaha for their AMEX card. It included the "prescreened" wording so I logged on to submit my information. Site said thanks for applying and they'd let me know the status in 2-3 weeks. Huh? I thought that wording meant you were preapproved.

Don't be alarmed. This is how FNBO works most of the time with pre qual letters. Keep an eye on your email. Probably will let you know something in the next few days.

it's mostly just marketing. The only time these things are at all pre-approved ish is when you get either a single APR rate, or very small spread, relative to the card possibility.

Example, if you check Discover for prequal with your dog's name, the APR can range from like 11% to 24%, but if you are actually prequalified it will be within a 3% spread. Mine was 13% to 16%

FN BO...

^^

+1 this exactly. :rofl:

That was a great description Hege!

My chick has that card for almost 2 years. It was an invitation she applied for and was instantly approved. Her credit at the time would have been considered OK. She had one 5 year old charge off with Nissan. FNBO has been very good with auro CLI's. She has had three in less than two years.

FFNBO

My chick has that card for almost 2 years. It was an invitation she applied for and was instantly approved. Her credit at the time would have been considered OK. She had one 5 year old charge off with Nissan. FNBO has been very good with auro CLI's. She has had three in less than two years.

What's her credit limit?

Edited by PotO

Yep... 3 weeks for the card to arrived. My FNBO Amex wording were " pre-approved " not pre-qualified.

I received an "invitation" for a VISA a few months ago and was instantly approved for $2200 CL with a 635 FICO Bankcard. My report shows an SP from them in 2014.

I received an "invitation" for a VISA a few months ago and was instantly approved for $2200 CL with a 635 FICO Bankcard. My report shows an SP from them in 2014.

And that, boys and girls, is precisely why FFNBO sucks sewer water.

1. $2,200

2. Two-year lapse between pre-screen INQ and offer.

I don't know why I want this stupid card, but for some reason I do. My FNBO card is the turd of my wallet, low limit and no rewards. Next year I plan to see if I can app their Amex, and PC the card I have into something with rewards.

I don't know why I want this stupid card, but for some reason I do. My FNBO card is the turd of my wallet, low limit and no rewards. Next year I plan to see if I can app their Amex, and PC the card I have into something with rewards.

They won't PC, but they do have a chintzy rewards program they can add to your account.

They won't PC, but they do have a chintzy rewards program they can add to your account.

It doesn't surprise me. I had a card by them before my fall, with a 5K or so limit IIRC, so when I got a pre-approval in the mail, I jumped at it. I thought I was getting back in with a prime lender. $1K Limit, no rewards, hard pull CLI's (although I hear you can soft pull a CLI if you call). I'm not going to touch this until my reports are clean, and I build up my other cards. The last thing I want is a hard pull, $200 CLI on this turd. So why do I want their Amex (with 1.5% cash back)? I have a Citi Double Cash, and a Chase and Capital One 1.5% cash back (and I'm an AU on my wife's Chase big limit 1.5% card). Why do I want FNBO's Amex? I don't know, but I do want it.

^^

I want one, too, but fortunately when it comes to banks that take two weeks to manually approve most every app I have plenty of will power. :)

^^

I want one, too, but fortunately when it comes to banks that take two weeks to manually approve most every app I have plenty of will power. :)

Damm it takes two weeks what do they do Pony Express the App to India if and let the Shaman roll the mystical dice if when he rolls u get the skull and crossbones denied if he rolls the pirate ship u get it. :rofl:

^^

Damm it takes two weeks what do they do Pony Express the App to India if and let the Shaman roll the mystical dice if when he rolls u get the skull and crossbones denied if he rolls the pirate ship u get it. :rofl:

I heard that 99% of apps go to manual approval. Apparently the fine folks in Omaha aren't the fastest cars in the race, if you know what I mean.

I have a card with them that is at the front of my wallet, (but I should add that this Airline Co-Branded card was bought by FNBO from Barclays last year so I never applied for a card from this lender).

To be fair to them, their front line CSR's are in Omaha, (not Mumbai). :grin:

I have a card with them that is at the front of my wallet, (but I should add that this Airline Co-Branded card was bought by FNBO from Barclays last year so I never applied for a card from this lender).

To be fair to them, their front line CSR's are in Omaha, (not Mumbai). :grin:

Omaha ... Mumbai ... no comparison.

Every time I want a Sync CLI to $35k or an instant approval on a new AmEx card I call Mumbai.

Every time I want an inbred biatch to tell me it takes two weeks to process new applications, I call Omaha (or US Skank in Minnesota).

Edited by PotO

I was sent a pre approval secured card app after being declined for the regular FNBO visa last year and that also was declined for INQ. lol

FNBO will definitely close your account if you don't use their card(s).............

so unless you really think you will use it, don't bother. It will just be something else to manage.