Sign in to follow this  
VinnyT

PenFed auto loans

I went through their site and it seems they will only do a used car loan 2014 and up. Is this right?

Not my experience. A little over 2 years ago I got a 24 month loan on a 2007 car.

Weird, I looked through the auto loan FAQ's and did not see it.

https://www.penfed.org/used-auto-loan/

"Rate valid for current (2016) and prior two model years (2015 & 2014)." - that just means the rate is higher for earlier years.

"Rates available on all model years up to 60 months." - It can be a 1908 Model T

"72-month term available for models of the current (2016) and prior two model years (2015 & 2014)." - you can stretch loan longer with 2014+ cars.

Edited by creditrepair2014

I went through their site and it seems they will only do a used car loan 2014 and up. Is this right?

That's true for the 72 moth loans. But the lesser length loans have no such terms.

https://www.penfed.org/used-auto-loan/

"Rate valid for current (2016) and prior two model years (2015 & 2014)." - that just means the rate is higher for earlier years.

"Rates available on all model years up to 60 months." - It can be a 1908 Model T

"72-month term available for models of the current (2016) and prior two model years (2015 & 2014)." - you can stretch loan longer with 2014+ cars.

LOL! OK, got it. Thanks everyone.

my experience with a PenFed auto loan was stellar... had check within 48 hours of application... excellent rate

In my experience, the financial institutions I borrowed with, want you to have fully financed the vehicle before it is ten years old. Not sure about Pen Fed, but I'm sure you can do a car loan for 2013 and some years lower.

Any year they will finance in some form. I financed a 1967 GTO some years ago. After being so old, other Credit Union's I have used transact as a personal loan, FYI.

HL

My problem is that their website doesn't even recognize the car I want. Sigh....

What car are u trying to get a Lambo is that why it doesn't recognize it ? :rofl:

My problem is that their website doesn't even recognize the car I want. Sigh....

What car are u trying to get a Lambo is that why it doesn't recognize it ? :rofl:

2006 Mercedes S65 AMG. They do not list that model for some reason.

2006 Mercedes S65 AMG. They do not list that model for some reason.

Just call them and tell them what you want and they'll tell you if you can purchase it or not. That's what I had to do.

Called PenFed and was approved!

Cool. How long is the finance term for a 2006?

60mo at 2.99 %

dang maybe i should ask them if they can help me out...

Currently have a loan with a local CU opened last October for originally ~ 12.5k 60 months @ 3.9% fixed, it's just under 9k now but hey if they can save me a little bit of scratch why not?

Currently have a loan with a local CU opened last October for originally ~ 12.5k 60 months @ 3.9% fixed, it's just under 9k now but hey if they can save me a little bit of scratch why not?

They pull EQ exclusively

They pull EQ exclusively

I just joined last month, opened a Platinum Rewards Visa Sig; they will use that same HP for an auto refi loan won't they?

They pull EQ exclusively

I just joined last month, opened a Platinum Rewards Visa Sig; they will use that same HP for an auto refi loan won't they?

I think so. Are you within 30 days?

They pull EQ exclusively

Pretty sure. I have seen that they supposedly use the same HP for 90 days, but I am still probably within 30. Can double check.

They pull EQ exclusively

Pretty sure. I have seen that they supposedly use the same HP for 90 days, but I am still probably within 30. Can double check.

You should be good to go