Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

0.20833333333 is a long way away...

Sitting at a solid .25 (6/24) right now (incl 1 AU) and 1 acct I regretted opening and just closed).

Won't drop to .2083 until Feb '17, unless I get some traction from the closure ... lusting for CSR

Just to update: Went ahead and pulled the trigger on CSR last night. EQ pull yesterday, EXP this morning. Call to check status via automated line: 30 days.

Anyone care to speculate on outcome?

Sitting at a solid .25 (6/24) right now (incl 1 AU) and 1 acct I regretted opening and just closed).

Won't drop to .2083 until Feb '17, unless I get some traction from the closure ... lusting for CSR

Just to update: Went ahead and pulled the trigger on CSR last night. EQ pull yesterday, EXP this morning. Call to check status via automated line: 30 days.

Anyone care to speculate on outcome?

reddit data suggests 30 day message on auto line is denial while two week message is approval. YMMV.

September 2018,...

Same here. But I'm going to be pushing that further out early next year.

6/19 for 0.2083333. Does that mean I won't be at 0.208333 until 0.3157894?

If I get Amex Platinum next year, it'll still stay the same 6/19 date.

I include Amazon Store and a sharty Comenity card in my 5/24 calculation because there are competing data points as to whether or not Chase counts useless store cards.

ugh. I'm at 0.66666666666

LOL! That's significantly higher than when you started this thread! What happened?!? :rofl:

lack of self control... I'm weak as water :)

ugh. I'm at 0.66666666666

LOL! That's significantly higher than when you started this thread! What happened?!? :rofl:

lack of self control... I'm weak as water :)

At least you're honest with yourself! LOL!

I'll be at 0.20833 tomorrow, and at 0.1666 January 1st. I don't think it will be a Chase card when the next app goes down though.

22 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I'm at .375 and will get to .208333333333 in August.

Make sure you pick up one of the Disney cards.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:43 PM, cv91915 said:

Make sure you pick up one of the Disney cards.

on a serious note, I can't believe I;m considering a WN card but I'm finding myself on it a lot lately. I suppose I could go with FU. IDK, I'll probably just wait and see which product has the best SUB

I can't believe it, but I just looked an I am actually at .16666667, however seeing as I am not applying for anything until I close my mortgage at the beginning of next year (want to ensure both DW and I stay north of 740 or ideally 760), it really doesn't matter.  After that closes then I am going to revaluate my holdings.  Maybe Amex will finally let me off the BL after 16 years...yeah right!!!

Back to 0.2083333... until December 1st

...after a Hilton Business (no effect) and an Ink Preferred (no effect) and an Arrival + (bumped me up from 0.1666)

I think there are a few bonuses that do make it worth waiting for a bit here and there... depending on the lay of the devaluations.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:34 PM, hegemony said:

I'm at .375 and will get to .208333333333 in August.

technically will be 3/24 in 4 days but from what I've read I should wait until the next month and not track it by day.

no matter, there isn't a chase card I'm interest in.  I thought about the WN card but I'd rather earn UR or MR. Maybe I'll churn another UA card but then again I'm sitting on ~500K UA miles. maybe Chase will spice things up this fall.

Edited by hegemony

On 7/23/2019 at 2:44 PM, hegemony said:

technically will be 3/24 in 4 days but from what I've read I should wait until the next month and not track it by day.

If you want to cover the bases you can app based on day, then call for recon Aug 1st if denied...

If approved in July you gain a full calendar month on EX.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:44 PM, hegemony said:

no matter, there isn't a chase card I'm interest in.  I thought about the WN card but I'd rather earn UR or MR. Maybe I'll churn another UA card but then again I'm sitting on ~500K UA miles. maybe Chase will spice things up this fall.

CIP? Adds 0 to x/24.

On 7/23/2019 at 4:44 PM, hegemony said:

no matter, there isn't a chase card I'm interest in.  I thought about the WN card but I'd rather earn UR or MR

Again, I'm surprised FU isn't gaining much traction around here ... 3% earn on $20k purch, with UR points that can transfer to CSR where they can be redeemed for travel at a 50% premium.

Maybe I'm the one overlooking something here?  Tell me soon because I'm about 70% through the spend on my FU and soon to apply for one in Bev's name.

Edited by hdporter

34 minutes ago, hdporter said:

Again, I'm surprised FU isn't gaining much traction around here ... 3% earn on $20k purch, with UR points that can transfer to CSR where they can be redeemed for travel at a 50% premium.

Maybe I'm the one overlooking something here?  Tell me soon because I'm about 70% through the spend on my FU and soon to apply for one in Bev's name.

3% on 20k is certainly okay but temporary and then it just another sub 2% card. with chase I'm in it for the long run not churn and burn.

46 minutes ago, hegemony said:

3% on 20k is certainly okay but temporary and then it just another sub 2% card. with chase I'm in it for the long run not churn and burn.

I'm calling it 4.5% on $20k (most likely redeemed for a single joint-fare airline ticket).  That's exceptional and well worth the burn, in my book.  (Twice, if we get the chance ...)

Different strokes ...

10 hours ago, hegemony said:

On the surface, but properly paired with a CSP/CSR and then the 1.5 points becomes a minimum of 2.25% on travel with much greater upwards potential by transferring the points to partner airlines/hotels for redemptions.  If you are using it to get cash back, then that is a suboptimal strategy.

I already have the card, and we are on an app freeze until the mortgage is finalized, otherwise I would be taking advantage of this for the wife.

Edited by CTSoxFan

11 hours ago, hdporter said:

I'm calling it 4.5% on $20k (most likely redeemed for a single joint-fare airline ticket).  That's exceptional and well worth the burn, in my book.  (Twice, if we get the chance ...)

Different strokes ...

A brief footnote:  I don't "burn" Chase cards.  My credit report reflects 5 open Chase cards and 2 closed ones.  The closed accounts were each maintained for 12 years, until they pretty much needed to be pared to make room for a new account.

No doubt, the new FU will be sock drawered once I hit the $20k first year spend promo cap.  Maybe I'll resurrect it some day when 2.25% in CSR travel credits is among my more attractive options (as smartly pointed out by CT)