Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Alliant Loan (Immediately Prepay 94% back)?

The last post in this topic was posted 1500 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I'm obviously just doing it as a geek thing, seeing how close I can get to 850.

FICO 8 scores in the low 800s have a good chance to get there.

Just to clarify, closed positive installment loans (personal / auto / mortgage) will not skewer the results, right?

Correct.

When this is completed, I'll make a new step by step post so people don't have to click links through to MyFako. No need to send them traffic.

Great! That would be a very useful resource.

Reading through the MyFico thread and seeing the score increases people got who didn't have open installments reporting, it makes me think this should pretty much be a standard step in people's rebuilding process.

FICO is counting this installment loan as an aged tradeline and giving a score boost once it is paid to 8%. Adding a score boosting positive trade with no INQ's seems pretty sweet if someone has no open installment loans.

Once there's an salamander-proof guide, I'll give it a shot, too.

Hopefully it will work because that $2 Trick sure the hell doesn't.

Yes it does. If it doesn't work for you, you missed something.

Both the $2 trick and this installment trick will give you the highest FICO 8 scores possible, and the $2 trick alone for mortgage FICOs.

No, Mindy, it does NOT work. I missed nothing.

It might work for some. It might work for many. But you need to stop pulling sh!t out of your flowers and trying to make fools believe that everything you say has universal truth.

On my profile the $2 Trick does not work. It actually lowers my score each and every time of the 1/2 dozen times I tried it.

I'm not pulling it out of anywhere except a lengthy exchange with Bob Wang before I started the thread. He confirmed everything before I posted it. It IS settled science, not opinion.

It's science pulled from out of your flowers.

Bob Wang may have missed something. I seriously doubt he had a representative sample that could be used as a universal truth for the tens of thousands of different possible profiles.

Whine all you like, but it won't change the fact that it doesn't work 100%.

:rolleyes:

You even said that it worked for you after you didn't believe it for a long time.

Bob Wang had plenty of data to reach that conclusion. I choose to believe Bob.

It works for me...every month...except a while back when I accidently let an$81 CC bal.report. when The SSL bal of $80 reports...my score didn't drop... installment loan is different category. When the SSL bal of $44 reported( under9% remaining owed) my score jumped 40 fico pts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Each and every time I have anything under $150+ reporting, my scores drop across the board from 800s to 780s. TU is the outlier in that it drops from 820s to 801.

For me $2 is the same as $0.

No new accounts. No new INQs. Only balances reporting: $2 (multiple times), $80, $130, and various lower than $130. All drop FICOs from CCT and from various bank-provided FICOs. $158 and over (up to about $1k) and FICOs stay up. Every time.

You even said that it worked for you after you didn't believe it for a long time.

You are a liar.

I told you it did NOT work. I told you unless I had $150ish+ reporting it threw me from mid-800s to 785ish.

You are a liar.

I told you it did NOT work. I told you unless I had $150ish+ reporting it threw me from mid-800s to 785ish.

I'm not a liar.

Believe what you want. I'll stick with Bob.

It works for me...every month...except a while back when I accidently let an$81 CC bal.report. when The SSL bal of $80 reports...my score didn't drop... installment loan is different category. When the SSL bal of $44 reported( under9% remaining owed) my score jumped 40 fico pts.

Each and every time I have anything under $150+ reporting, my scores drop across the board from 800s to 780s. TU is the outlier in that it drops from 820s to 801.

No new accounts. No new INQs. Only balances reporting: $2 (multiple times), $80, $130, and various lower than $130. All drop FICOs from CCT and from various bank-provided FICOs. $158 and over (up to about $1k) and FICOs stay up. Every time.

I challenge you to show one of us who know what we are talking about to look at your actual reports when this drop happens. I would bet we find why, and it's not only $2 reporting.

Is the $2 on a AU, is it on a charge card, is it on a joint card, is it on a >40-50K card? To many questions to narrow it down.

And to call mendelssohn a liar is a bit much don't you think? The research is solid, no reason not to believe it. Show us your before and after reports, when this drop happens and I bet someone can point out why. You would be the only one ever who it did not work for. So showing us your before and after reports would be an asset for those in your circumstance.

You tend to bark a lot and think that barking loud makes you right.

Just to clarify, closed positive installment loans (personal / auto / mortgage) will not skewer the results, right?

Correct.

That's my understanding as well. If you have open installments, it's a moot point. Closed or none you will see a gain.

And whatever, it's 6% interest on $50. We pay (or paid) for daily pullers, we pay (or paid) for monitoring services, I pay annual fees for D* cards I don't need. I gave a valet a 5 spot for not charging me for parking an hour ago and just paid $10 for a Pliny the Elder DIPA.

I challenge you to show one of us who know what we are talking about to look at your actual reports when this drop happens. I would bet we find why, and it's not only $2 reporting.

Is the $2 on a AU, is it on a charge card, is it on a joint card, is it on a >40-50K card? To many questions to narrow it down.

And to call mendelssohn a liar is a bit much don't you think? The research is solid, no reason not to believe it. Show us your before and after reports, when this drop happens and I bet someone can point out why. You would be the only one ever who it did not work for. So showing us your before and after reports would be an asset for those in your circumstance.

Mindy is a liar and knows it.

I never have AU cards reporting. The $2 that reports is always either USAA or Citi Forward. And always a nearly 20 point drop until back up over $150.

You talk about solid research. Your only research is sticking your hand up Mindy's flowers and parroting what you pull out.

Correct.

That's my understanding as well. If you have open installments, it's a moot point. Closed or none you will see a gain.

And whatever, it's 6% interest on $50. We pay (or paid) for daily pullers, we pay (or paid) for monitoring services, I pay annual fees for D* cards I don't need. I gave a valet a 5 spot for not charging me for parking an hour ago and just paid $10 for a Pliny the Elder DIPA.

I paid $0.11 interest last year on mine, was open 3 months. This year I am up to $0.90 through September. So for a full year I have paid $1.01 interest on the loan.

Quit with the nonsense. I'm not a liar.

You would be the ONLY person that this doesn't work for. He asked for your data, so either share it or quit debating settled science.

You would be the ONLY person that this doesn't work for. He asked for your data, so either share it or quit debating settled science.

You are a liar.

There is no science involved. Bob's scenarios would never be able to predict every possible profile. But then you probably think little green Martians are settled science, too. :rolleyes:

I never have AU cards reporting. The $2 that reports is always either USAA or Citi Forward. And always a nearly 20 point drop until back up over $150.

You talk about solid research. Your only research is sticking your hand up Mindy's flowers and parroting what you pull out.

Show one of us who actually knows how it works your before and after reports, we can help you out. It's not that hard.

Why do you always need to attack people? Do you think for a second that those of us who have been there and done that, that your veiled insults mean chocolate to us. It really makes you look stupid.

For whatever reason, your nonsense is put up with, I have dealt with people much worse than you. You are like Snowflake, just a different kind of Snowflake. ChihuahuaFlake.

It seems because they named you Mr. Mean, and they put up with your garbage and use it as an excuse when you attack people. You feel righteous when you do it.

You are not righteous, you are not mean, nor are you right because you bark. They should have named you ChihuahuaFlake because all you do is bark and shake. If that's to long we could just go with C*Flake.

You are a liar.

There is no science involved. Bob's scenarios would never be able to predict every possible profile. But then you probably think little green Martians are settled science, too. :rolleyes:

Show us your before and after reports, we can help you figure it out. Can PM it to me if you don't want to share with everyone. I can help you see the light.

Show one of us who actually knows how it works your before and after reports, we can help you out. It's not that hard.

Why do you always need to attack people? Do you think for a second that those of us who have been there and done that, that your veiled insults mean chocolate to us. It really makes you look stupid.

For whatever reason, your nonsense is put up with, I have dealt with people much worse than you. You are like Snowflake, just a different kind of Snowflake. ChihuahuaFlake.

It seems because they named you Mr. Mean, and they put up with your garbage and use it as an excuse when you attack people. You feel righteous when you do it.

You are not righteous, you are not mean, nor are you right because you bark. They should have named you ChihuahuaFlake because all you do is bark and shake. If that's to long we could just go with C*Flake.

You'd be RetardFlake.

You don't know your flowers from a hole in the ground.

And Mindy is a liar. And he knows it.

You are a liar.

Show us your before and after reports, we can help you figure it out. Can PM it to me if you don't want to share with everyone. I can help you see the light.

The only light is when you stick your flashlight up your flowers.

Citi reports $2.00 and scores tank. Citi reports $2.99 and scores tank. Over $150 reporting and scores back up over 800. It really is that simple. It's not rocket science and you are the last person here who'd be a rocket scientist.

PotO, this nonsense of name calling to everyone you disagree with stops now. You are out of control and I am not going to tolerate it any more.

That goes for anyone else that wants to engage high school name calling. The ban hammer will be coming out. I'm dead serious and had enough

of this type of behavior.

There has been great work by many great people in the games we play. I learned the hard way nothing is 100%. If it does not work for one person out of 1000 or 10000 does that really change anything? Just look at it as sh*t happens and move on.

Correct.

The MFers thead talks about how the biggest gain would be if nobody has any closed installment loans reporting. It goes on to say that if you have old, closed installments reporting that your gain wouldn't be as high.

Any results from people here that have tried this with old, closed installments already reporting?

Correct.

The MFers thead talks about how the biggest gain would be if nobody has any closed installment loans reporting. It goes on to say that if you have old, closed installments reporting that your gain wouldn't be as high.

Any results from people here that have tried this with old, closed installments already reporting?

I had 2 closed installments reporting prior to paying down my open SSL to less then 9% and pick up 30+ plus points on all 3 CRA's

I had 2 closed installments reporting prior to paying down my open SSL to less then 9% and pick up 30+ plus points on all 3 CRA's

Happy Birthday!!! :wave:

The last post in this topic was posted 1500 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.